The venerable “Emerson on Hurumzi”, Grande Dame of restored palaces in Zanzibar has returned to service in collaboration with “Emerson Spice”. An exotic and curious building with historical significance and unique style. The recent refurbishment combines the elegance of the period in which it was built with period antique furnishing and the color and comfort of the 21st century. The cuisine in the rooftop teahouse restaurant is designed to marry the culture and character of the building with the distinct culinary heritage of the epoch. The menu celebrates the pleasure of oriental Persian and Omani dishes prepared with authentic ingredients and served with faithful attention to the customs and etiquette of the era.
Address 1: 236-240 Hurumzi street
Address 2 : Hurumzi, Stonetown
City : Zanzibar
Postal Code : P.O. Box 3417
Contact Name : Emerson on Hurumzi
Phone : (+255) 24 22 32 784 or +255 779 854 225
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Room service
- Antique Swahili Bed
- Sea view
- Private Teahouse
- Breakfast in Room
- Sunset Bar
- Tea House Restaurant
- Art Exhibitions
- Organic Soap & Shampoo Bars
- Locally Handwoven Towels
- Stonetown View
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Following percentages of total accommodation rate will becharged in case of cancellation.
Only written cancellations will be accepted.
- 31 days or more beforearrival – NIL
- 30 – 15 days beforearrival 50%
- 14-08 days beforearrival 75%
- 7days or less prior to arrival 100%
Terms and Conditions
- Quoted in US Dollars and inclusive of 18% VATand all other government taxes & levies
- Ratesare per room, per night on bed and breakfast basis.
- Nocharge for children under 12 sharing with their parents, as of the age of 12years a USD25 surcharge per night is added.
- Breakfastis Continental; with fresh fruit and eggs of choice, coffee or tea.
- Inclusiveof accommodation, breakfast, and free Wi-Fi in lobby area.
- NotIncluded: Transfers, excursions, personal Insurance, food or drinks
- Subjectto change without prior notice, Emerson on Hurumzi Ltd reserves the right toincrease the rates accordingly.
- Forguest direct payments the hotel accepts Visa, Mastercard, and TZS or USD incash. No extra charges.
- Reservations are onlyaccepted by email.
- Your booking isconfirmed upon payment only.
- We hold a booking fora limited time; a booking expires automatically if payment is not received.
- The hotel is closedfor yearly maintenance in the period between mid-April and the end of May.
- Check in time 13.oo Check Out time 10.oo.Early check in on availability. Late check out only on availability; to ensureholding a room after checkout time full reservation is necessary. Luggage canbe stored in the hotel.
- Please note that we can only try to hold aspecific room when the booking is of more than two consecutive nights, toassist us in serving you, please let us know your preferred group of rooms andwe will do our best to accommodate.
- If you are considering booking one nightonly, please note that from polling our guests, the vast majority of those whostayed only one night feel that they had not enough time to enjoy theattractions of Zanzibar Stone Town or the hotel.