Cosmopole is the newest hostel in Prague City Center. Welcome. We are large, with a wide variety of room sizes (2,4,6,8,10,12 beds). Enjoy the restored old hardwood floors and gorgeous original wall and ceiling moldings. Cosmopole is spread over our six floor building (with elevator, of course!), and all is spacious, with wide hallways and grand new bathrooms on all floors ... and best of all, we turned over the entire top floor to common activities – no beds, just big rooms and outdoor terrace for all to meet, relax, play games, have breakfast in the morning or a drink in the evening, and enjoy. All our receptionists speak a minimum of 3 languages. They are trained to help you make this travel destination your best ever. We are sure you will feel at home with us.
We are centrally located just a few steps from all the riverside and major attractions, shops, bars, clubs and restaurants) in the most beautiful ancient city in the heart of Europe. Very close to train and bus stations as well as to the airport (see the directions).
We provide free guided tours, free WiFi, free tea & coffee and other touches you will love.
Our hostel has fantastic self-catering facilities where guests are welcome to bring their own food to prepare meals. Our kitchen includes a big fridge, a microwave, a few cooking plates, an oven, all the appliances you need for cooking and plenty of pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
Property Name: Cosmopole Hostel
Address 1: Spálená 83/3, Nové Město
City : Prague - Praha
Postal Code : 110 00
Contact Name: John Ferris
Phone: +420 735 534 534
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Foreign currency exchange
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Roof top terrace
- table pool
- Table football
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- The guest can cancel free of charge until 3 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 3 days before arrival.
If the guest doesn’t show up they will be charged the total price.
- No prepayment is needed
Terms and Conditions
- Cosmopole Hostel House Rules
- 1. The hostel is open 24/7 with a hostel employee at reception at all times.
- 2. The Sky Terrace is located just off the common area of the 5th floor. You are very welcome to use the terrace for its wonderful view of Prague or as the only place on the premises where it is possible to smoke cigarettes. The terrace is open from 7 AM to Midnight only. You enter the terrace at your own risk and comfort. Smoking after midnight can only be done outside of the hostel.
- 3. The hostel provides a kitchen and common area, including library, on the 5th floor, which is open 22 hours per day. However, No cooking is allowed between 23.59 and 8.00 in the morning. All use of the common areas is not permitted between 5 AM and 7 AM.
- 4. The hostel provides a refrigerator for your use. Please remember to label your food with your name and departure date and please remove any food or drink that you may have left on the last day of your stay. Food without a label, or not removed beyond the departure date will be thrown out.
- 5. The hostel provides a luggage room. This room is not under surveillance. Even though we are very careful to allow only guests with permission to use it to enter the luggage room, theft is possible. The hostel cannot be responsible for theft.
- 6. Guests are required to behave with respect towards other guests and hostel staff, and shall be held responsible for their own actions within the hostel, during their stay on our premises or outside of the hostel, while taking part in activities organised by the hostel itself. The owner of the hostel and its directors shall be absolved of any responsibility in connection with the actions of its guests. Bothering or any kind of harassment of other guests may result in the immediate termination of the accommodation contract including damage claims. Such guests will be subject to a permanent ban.
- 7. By accepting accommodation from Cosmopole, the guest agrees to behave with maturity and reasonable soberness. Throwing objects from windows, disturbing the sleep of other guests and otherwise behaving in ways which indicate the inability to drink alcohol responsibly will result in either termination without compensation of the rental agreement or a ban on that guest’s drinking in future.
- 8. Bringing friends or other visitors to our property is not allowed after 8pm with an exception made for exemplary guests. Guests must inform reception about every visitor who is not a guest of our hostel. Once a friend or other person who is not a guest of the hostel is allowed into Cosmopole, reception must be informed that they are leaving the premises when they do so. Have them leave on time please. Exemplary guests must require friends to leave before 11 PM. Any person sleeping at the hostel who has not paid for such privilege will be charged triple the normal bed price.
- 9. Before using your bed or your room, please verify that your bed and room is clean and that everything is in order. If anything is amiss, please communicate this to reception so that we can take care of the problem.
- 10. Pay attention to the volume of your voice or devices, especially when your door or windows are open between 10 PM and 10 AM. The night-time quiet period is valid for the entire premises, and is, in fact, Czech law. With the door to the stairwell closed it is possible to play music in the fifth floor common areas until late at night. However you must terminate all parties by 5 AM and return to your room.
- 11. Pets are welcome in private rooms only, if agreed prior to your arrival . Please ensure that they remain quiet and that they are on a leash when going to and from the room. Remember that certain guests have a fear of pets.
- 12. Cosmopole is 100% smoke-free. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms and in the common areas except on the Sky Terrace off the fifth floor common area. Any smoking in any part of the indoor portion of the hostel will result in a 100 euro fee. Should the fire department respond to the activation of a fire detector, you will be held liable for a fee up to 1000 euros.
- 13. It is not allowed to prepare cooked meals in the rooms - please use the kitchen on the 5th floor. All prepared meals, whether cooked or cold, must be consumed on the 5th floor in common areas or on the terrace.
- 14. All dorms have lockers. In the event that any personal items are stolen, the hostel will not be held responsible. You can use your own lock on the lockers, or use one of ours, available for a deposit at reception. Your deposit will be returned to you when you return the lock. However, if you are traveling with any exceptionally expensive items, such as a laptop computer, we suggest that the safest way to leave it in the hostel when touring Prague is to leave it at reception.
- 15. If a guest wishes to leave before the end of their reservation, the sum charged for the unused nights will not be refunded.
- 16. You must check out of the hostel by 11am. After 11 AM, 50% of the new day bed price will be charged. If you do not check out by 3 PM, 100% of the new day bed price will be charged.
- 17. Enjoy your stay! Should anything fail to meet your expectations, please bring it to our attention immediately. Also bring any potential damage by another guest to our attention so that the damage can be charged to the person responsible and not to your whole group or whole room population.
- 18. Any damage caused during the stay must be paid to the hostel management before departure.
- 19. Please make note of the escape routes posted in case of fire and note also the location of the nearest fire extinguisher.
- 20. People under 18 are allowed to stay at Cosmopole if accompanied by a responsible person over the age of 18. Any group with no member over 18 must make arrangements with the hostel through a parent or school teacher or admin.
- 21. Please note the age restriction for mixed dorms is 18-45. Private rooms have no restrictions.