The Royal Oak is a charming 19th century pub in the village of River near Dover in Kent. Formed from 18th century flint cottages we have been serving the village for 200 years. A friendly warm welcome and 5 new rooms with walk-in showers are available as well as a Nespresso coffee machine in each room. We provide complimentary breakfast and we have a chef preparing traditional English dishes each evening. Come stay with us and explore all the local sights such as Dover Castle as well as experiencing the English pub. Whatever you prefer we hope to see you soon.
Property Name: Royal Oak
Address 1: 36 Lower Road
City : River - Kent
Postal Code : CT17 0QU
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Late Check-Out Hour: 12:00
Late Check-out Fees: £ 10.00
Late check out (after 10:00 and before 12:00) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Deposit - If cancelled within 3 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions and Interpretation1.1 In these Terms and Conditions,unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have thefollowing meanings: “Business” means any business, trade, craft, or profession carried on by You or any other person/organisation; “Consumer” means a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and in relation to these Terms and Conditions means an individual customer or guest of the Hotel who receives Services for his/her personal use and for purposes wholly or mainly outside the purposes of any Business; “Hotel/We/Us/Our” means Royal Oak and its premises and place of business, and whose contact address is the same address as above and includes all employees and agents of the Hotel; “Price List” means the Hotel’s standard price list of Rates. The Price List is available from the Hotel website, reception & online booking platforms; “Rates” means the prices payable for provision of room accommodation and (where applicable) other Services; “Regulations” means The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013; “Services” means provision of accommodation in rooms and any and all other facilities, services and items which We offer at the Hotel, including food and drink; and “You/Your” means an individual who is a customer of the Hotel who agrees to pay both for him/herself as a paying guest of the Hotel and also for members of his/her party and any of his/her guests; 1.2 Unless the context otherwiserequires, each reference in these Terms and Conditions to:1.2.1 “theseTerms and Conditions” is a reference to these Terms and Conditions as amendedor supplemented at the relevant time; and1.2.2 aClause or sub-Clause is a reference to a Clause of these Terms and Conditions;1.3 The headings used in theseTerms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect theinterpretation of these Terms and Conditions;1.4 Words signifying imparting thesingular number shall include the plural and vice versa; and1.5 References to any gender shallinclude the other gender.
2. Reservations2.1 You may book to make a reservationfor a room or other Services in advance through the Hotel website, by phone, in person or by a booking site;2.2 When You request Us to make a reservation,You must provide Us with Your identification information including, but notlimited to, Your name, address, contact telephone number and email address;2.3 You must give Us paymentdetails for any reservation at the time of booking. We will take Your credit/debit card details and You authorise the use of this card for any sums that become due to Us. Unless the booking for the reservationexpressly states that You must pay at the time of reservation or at the time ofcheck in, We will not take any payment from You for it until the time indicatedin Clause 3 below;2.4 Your request to Us to make a reservationfor You will be an offer, but whether We accept any such request will be for Usto decide in Our discretion. Only if and when We tell You that We accept Yourrequest for a particular reservation and We give You a booking reference willthere be a booking. Only that acceptance of the booking will be a bindingcontract between You and Us for the reservation of a room or other Servicereserved;2.5 You may change Your reservationat any time before You arrive (subject to the cancellation provisions set outin Clause 4 below). We will use allreasonable endeavours to accommodate Your requested changes, but We do not promisethat all changes that You request will be accommodated;2.6 Instead of making areservation in advance, You may make a booking when You arrive, and if We haveavailability of the type of room or the particular room or other Services thatYou request at that time, We will accept Your request for the booking, but We cannotpromise that any room(s) or particular room(s) requested or such requested Serviceswill be available; and2.7 You may request additionalnights at the Hotel at any time during Your stay. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meetsuch a request, and if We can meet any request We will accept the request as abooking and that booking will then be a binding contract between You and Us.
3. Fees and Payment3.1 We make details of Ratesincluding, where applicable, promotional Rates and other special offersavailable on our Hotel website, atreception & on booking sites. All Rates shown inour Price List include VAT;3.2 When You request a reservationand We quote any Rate(s), the Rate(s) will apply only to provision of hotel bedroom accommodationunless We specifically state otherwise. However, the Rate(s) will include allfacilities which the Hotel has in all its standard and other bedrooms.Additional charges will apply (and You mayrefer to them in Our Price List) for other Services including, but not limitedto meals, drinks, or any other equipment, services or facilities. We will inform You of Rates payable for suchadditional Services on request when You arrive at the Hotel;3.3 Subject to sub-Clause 3.4below, and unless We agree a different arrangement with You, We shall give youan invoice for all sums due acrossyour stay and payable to Us and You must ensure that invoice has been paid in full whenYou check-out from the Hotel;3.4 The following will apply:3.4.1 UnlessWe specifically state otherwise, You must pay in full at the time of bookingfor a reservation and We will not have to give You any refund except whereClause 4 specifically states that We must do so;3.4.2 IfYou incur charges during Your stay in addition to the Rate for the reservationof a room, We will invoice them and You must pay for them as required by sub-Clause3.3 above; and3.4.3 Ifyou request any additional nights and We accept the request as a booking under sub-Clause2.7 above, You must pay for the additional nights at the specified rate;3.5 You may pay Us for Services(and for any deposit or other advance payment on account of that payment) usingany of the following methods:3.5.1 Creditor debit card;3.5.2 Cash3.6 Wemay alter any of Our Rates without prior notice but if the Rate of any Serviceincreases between the time when You make a booking and the date when the bookedroom accommodation or other Service is to be provided, any increase in the Ratewill not apply to Your booking; 3.7 Whether theseTerms and Conditions require payment upon booking or on check out or at anyother time, You must pay in full for any reservation booked and will notbe entitled to any refund, except as stated in sub-Clause 3.8; and3.8 Where Clause 4specifically says that You will be entitled to a (full or partial) refund, orwhere you become entitled to any refund either as a result of Our breach ofthese Terms & Conditions or as a “consumer” under the Consumer Rights Act2015 or other consumer protection legislation, We will make a refund to You asset out in Clause 4 or as required by such legislation.
4. Cancellations4.1 Unless You pay in advance fora booking at a promotional Rate, You may cancel a reservation without charge ifYou give Us prior notice of at least 72 hours before the earliest check-in time wehave given You for Your reservation. If You cancel under this sub-Clause 4.1, Wewill refund to You in full any sum (including, but not limited to any deposit)You paid in advance and You will not then owe Us anything;4.2 If You cancel but do not give Us at least72 hoursprior notice ofcancellation of a reservation, We will be entitled to charge You a LateCancellation Charge calculated as set out at sub-Clause 4.4 below;4.3 Wemay, at any time before You check in, cancel a reservation booked by You in thefollowing circumstances:4.3.1 The required accommodationand/or personnel and/or other resources necessary for the provision of the roomare not available due to any cause outside Our reasonable control. If We cancela reservation in such circumstances, We will offer You alternativeaccommodation of the same standard or better if it is available. If it is notavailable or We offer it to You and You decline it, We will refund to You infull any deposit or other advance payment that You have made to Us for Yourreservation; or 4.3.3 We findthat you are not a “Consumer” (as defined in Clause 1 above), and in that case Wewill refund to You in full any deposit or other advance payment that You havemade to Us for Your reservation; and 4.4 A “Late Cancellation Charge”means and will comprise the net financial loss that We suffer due to Yourcancellation. The Late CancellationCharge shall be 100% of thefull price (at the Rate applicable) of Your booking for the whole duration ofthe stay that You booked. We may take the Late Cancellation Charge when or after You cancel usingthe payment details You provided when You made the reservation. We will be entitled to deduct the Late CancellationCharge from any sum You paid Us in advance and to keep the amount deducted.
5. Check-in and Check-out5.1 The earliest check-in time atthe Hotel is 2.00pm. Please note that wemay not be able to provide You with the full range of Services normallyavailable to customers when the PublicHouse on the ground floor is closed.5.2 The latest time by which You must vacate Your room andcheck-out from the Hotel is 11am. We may beforehand agree atOur discretion to an arrangement for a later time for vacating Your room and/orcheck-out but if We have not agreed to a later time and You do not vacate Yourroom and check out by the latest time of 12 noon We will be entitled to charge You foran additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable Rate; 5.3 If We have agreed and arrangeda late check-out under sub-Clause 5.2 above, We shall be entitled to charge Youat an hourly rate for the additional time from our standard latest check outtime of £10ph until the time You check out, and We shall give You details of thehourly rate of that charge when You request a late check-out time.
6. Hotel Rules6.1 You must conduct Yourself in areasonable and responsible manner at all times when on Hotel property and mustnot act in any which may disturb other guests. If You do not, We may ask You to leave the Hotel and in that case, Youmust immediately pay Us all sums due;6.2 You may not smoke in anyindoor public areas of the Hotel;6.3 You may not smoke in any rooms6.4 If You do not comply with sub-Clause6.3 We may charge You for any and all costs We incur by the Hotel in cleaningthe room (including, but not limited to, fixtures, fittings and softfurnishings) and restoring it to a smoke-free environment;6.5 You may not bring an animal intothe Hotel except for a guide dog;6.6 Any child under the age of 16 may only stay atthe Hotel if accompanied by an adult aged at least 18; and6.7 We will charge You for any andall damage caused by You to any Hotel property during Your stay.6.8 All of the above rules will alsoapply to members of Your party and Your guests, and You shall be responsible forany breach of the above rules by any of them.
7. Food and Drink7.1 As referred to in sub-Clause3.2 above, unless We specifically state otherwise, food and drinks are notincluded in any Rate(s) for bedroom accommodation, and unless We have specificallystated or do state otherwise, We will make additional charges to You for them inaccordance with sub-Clause 3.2 above;7.2 If You or any of Your party orguests have any special dietary requirements, You should inform Us of them inadvance of Your arrival. We will use allreasonable endeavours to accommodate those requirements and, where this is notpossible, tell You that We are unable to do so; and7.3 We will tell You times ofmeals when You arrive but they are typically Mon & Tue 6—9pm andWed-Sat 12-3 & 6-9pm and Sun 12-5pm
8. Car Parking Facilities8.1 We cannot guarantee that any carparking space(s) will be available for You, but You may use any vacant parkingspace on a first-come-first-served basis for Your vehicle provided that You havegiven Us Your vehicle’s registration number when You arrive. Any such parkingwill be without charge8.2 Whilst You may park Your Vehicle aspermitted by sub-Clause 8.1 above, We do not permit any other member of Yourparty or Your guests to park on Our premises, but if You request a parkingspace for them on or before they arrive at the Hotel, We may in Our discretionallow them to park without charge in Our car park.
9. Disabled Customers9.1 We fully comply with all lawsfrom time to time in force regulating the treatment of, and provision for,disabled customers; and9.2 If you have any specialrequirements pertaining to a disability, You should inform Us of them beforeYou arrive.
10. Limitation of Liability10.1 We will be responsible for anyforeseeable loss or damage that You may suffer as a result of Our breach ofthese Terms and Conditions or as a result of Our negligence. Loss or damage isforeseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or negligence or ifit is contemplated by You and Us when Our contract with You is created. Wewill not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable;10.2 Whilst We will operate andmaintain Our car park with reasonable skill and care, We do not guarantee that other Hotel guestsor members of the general public will not enter Our car park and steal or damageYour vehicle or property in it and/or engage in criminal activity, and accordingly,when You park or arrange for parking of Your vehicle in Our car park, You acceptrisk of theft or damage of or to Your vehicle and property in it if it is causedby any person other than Our staff or contractors;10.3 We provide all Services onlyfor Your personal and private use/purposes. We make no warranty or representation that products, or other goods ormaterials that We provide or sell are fit for commercial, business, industrial,trade, craft or professional purposes of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to You for any loss ofprofit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of businessopportunity;10.4 Nothing in these Terms andConditions is intended to or will exclude or limit Our liability for death orpersonal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees,agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and10.5 Furthermore, if you are a “consumer”as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, or a consumer for the purposes ofany other consumer protection legislation, nothing in these Terms andConditions is intended to or will exclude, limit, prejudice, or otherwiseaffect any of Our duties or obligations to You, or Your rights or remedies, orOur liability to You, under:10.5.1 theConsumer Rights Act 2015; 10.5.2 theRegulations; 10.5.3 theConsumer Protection Act 1987; or10.5.4 anyother consumer protection legislation; as that legislation is amended from time to time.For more details ofYour legal rights please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or TradingStandards Office.
11. Changes to Terms andConditions We may from time to time change these Termsand Conditions without giving You notice, but We will use Our reasonableendeavours to inform You as soon as is reasonably possible of any such change.
12. How We Use Your PersonalInformation (Data Protection)We will only use Your personal information as set out in Our Data PrivacyPolicy available on request.
13. Regulations We are required by the Regulations to ensure that certain information is given or made available to Youas a Consumer before We make Our contract with You (i.e. before We accept Yourrequest to make a booking) except where that information is already apparentfrom the context of the transaction. We have included the information itselfeither in these Terms and Conditions for You to see now, or We will make itavailable to You before We accept Your request to make a booking. All of thatinformation will, as required by the Regulations, be part of the terms of Ourcontract with You as a Consumer.
14. InformationAs required bythe Regulations: 14.1 allof the information described in Clause 13; and 14.2 anyother information which We give to You about any Services or the Hotel whichYou take into account when deciding to make a booking or when making any otherdecision about the Services; will be part of the terms of Ourcontract with You as a Consumer.
15. ComplaintsWe always welcome feedback fromOur guests and, whilst We always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Yourexperience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, We nevertheless want tohear from You if you have any cause for complaint. If You have any complaintabout Our Services or any other complaint about the Hotel or any of Our staff,please raise the matter with the General Manager who can be contacted at the Hotel or by phoneor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. No WaiverNo failure or delay by Us or You inexercising any rights under these Terms and Conditions means that We or Youhave waived that right, and no waiver by Us or You of a breach of any provisionof these Terms and Conditions means that We or You will waive any subsequentbreach of the same or any other provision.
17. SeveranceIf any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by anycompetent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part thevalidity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and theremainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
18. Law and Jurisdiction18.1 These Terms and Conditions,the Contract, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual orotherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England& Wales.18.2 As a consumer, you willbenefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country ofresidence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 18.1 above takes awayor reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.18.3 Any dispute, controversy,proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions,the Contract, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual orotherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England,Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.