"Accessible only by boat or on foot, Jaibalito hosts Guatemala's most magical hotel. Perched on a secluded cliff, it has gorgeous gardens, swimming holes and a hot tub overhanging the lake. - "Lonely Planet Guatemala.
We invite you to make La Casa Del Mundo your home during your visit to Lake Atitlan. Come experience for yourselves what every visitor and travel guide promises.
Picture yourself in a balmy resting area during sunset with an aerial view of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by terrace gardens with a scent of Guatemalan cuisine in the air.
Rest, read, relax or cuddle in one of our 19 cozy rooms: each with distinct architecture and placement on the cliffside. Enjoy our high quality orthopedic mattresses, solar-heated hot water, handcrafted Mayan decoration and breathtaking panoramas of the lake.
In the morning sleep in, enjoy our new and updated breakfast menu or go for a swim. In the evening, venture out to see one of the 13 indigenous villages surrounding the lake or take up a volcano climb and kayak trip.
The combination of our "Casa" and the magnificence of the Lake region set the stage for a visit that you will hold in fond memory and hopefully... never forget.
Property Name: Hotel La Casa del Mundo
Street Address: El Jaibalito (ACCESIBLE SOLAMENTE POR LANCHA O A PIE)
City : Santa Cruz La Laguna - Solola
Postal Code : 7014
Contact Name: Ivan Maldonado
Phone: +50252185332, 52045558, 59307886
- Baggage storage
- Foreign currency exchange
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Photocopying services
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 1:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- If you cancel one or more nights of your reservation with 1 week (or more) notice: we charge 10% of the cost of the cancelled rooms (to cover the administrative expenses of making and cancelling the reservation).
- If you cancel one or more nights of your reservation with less than 1 week notice:we charge 100% of the cost of the cancelled rooms (with some exceptions if you notify us in time to sell the rooms to someone else).
- If you fail to arrive on the day of your reservation (without giving us notice): we charge 100% of the cost of your reservation with no exceptions.
Terms and Conditions
ROOMASSIGNMENT: Yourreservation will be made for a room of the category you chose. We cannotguarantee you a specific room (#1, #2, etc.), but rather a room of the categoryyou selected (Standard, Suite, Etc.). You can contact us to request a specificroom and we will gladly do our best to accommodate you, but your roomassignment is not guaranteed until you check in at the hotel.
CHARGES MADE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD:
Your credit card information is taken only to secure the reservation. Yourcredit card WILL NOT BE CHARGED unless you cancel (or fail to arrive for) yourreservation. If you cancel or fail to arrive, your card will be automaticallycharged in accordance with our cancellation policy (described below).
- Cash: Quetzals and US Dollars.
- Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and Revolut (NO FEE).
- Transfers from Local Banks: BI, Banrural, and BAC (NO FEE).
- PayPal (fees between 0% and 4%, depending on the method used).
PRICESAND EXCHANGE RATE:All of ourprices are IN QUETZALES. The dollar amounts are APPROXIMATIONS. The actual costin dollars varies with the exchange rate. If you wish to pay your bill indollars, we use the exchange rate that Banrural gives us: (https://www.banrural.com.gt/banruralc/default.aspx). Please note that the room priceslisted on our website apply for up to 2 people per room. We charge Q.75.00(approximately US$ 10.00) per additional person. Room prices include alltaxes. NO MEALS are included in the price of the room.
PROPERTY POLICIES: ·
- In order to maintain a clean and peaceful environment for our guests, we ask that you DO NOT BRING FOOD OR BEVERAGES ONTO THE PROPERTY. If you bring a cooler, you will have to leave it at the front desk and have it returned to you when you leave. We have a wide variety of food, beverages, and alcoholic drinks available for you at our restaurant.
- Please DO NOT USE SPEAKERS on the property. We ask that you listen to your music/videos with headphones, in order to not disturb other guests.
- In order to avoid noise and other disturbances to our guests, we DO NOT ALLOW PETS on the property.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: All of ourstaff are vaccinated against Covid-19. We have sanitizing gel dispensers at theentrances to the restaurant and office area, for your use. We use an organicdisinfectant throughout the property, which is a bactericide, fungicide, andvirucide with 99.99% effectiveness, certified to eliminate Covid-19. We askthat you practice social distancing with other guests and the hotel staff. Wehave signs throughout the property, communicating the establishedprotocols.