"Accessible only by boat or on foot, Jaibalito hosts Guatemala's most magical hotel. Perched on a secluded cliff, it has gorgeous gardens, swimming holes and a hot tub overhanging the lake. - "Lonely Planet Guatemala.
We invite you to make La Casa Del Mundo your home during your visit to Lake Atitlan. Come experience for yourselves what every visitor and travel guide promises.
Picture yourself in a balmy resting area during sunset with an aerial view of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by terrace gardens with a scent of Guatemalan cuisine in the air.
Rest, read, relax or cuddle in one of our 19 cozy rooms: each with distinct architecture and placement on the cliffside. Enjoy our high quality orthopedic mattresses, solar-heated hot water, handcrafted Mayan decoration and breathtaking panoramas of the lake.
In the morning sleep in, enjoy our new and updated breakfast menu or go for a swim. In the evening, venture out to see one of the 13 indigenous villages surrounding the lake or take up a volcano climb and kayak trip.
The combination of our "Casa" and the magnificence of the Lake region set the stage for a visit that you will hold in fond memory and hopefully... never forget.
Property Name: Hotel La Casa del Mundo
Street Address: El Jaibalito (ACCESIBLE SOLAMENTE POR LANCHA O A PIE)
City : Santa Cruz La Laguna - Solola
Postal Code : 7014
Contact Name: Ivan Maldonado
Phone: +50252185332, 52045558, 59307886
- Baggage storage
- Foreign currency exchange
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Photocopying services
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 1:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
- If you fail to arrive or cancel 15 days (or less) prior to your checkin date: we charge 100% of the cost of the cancelled rooms.
- If you cancel 16 days (or more) prior to your checkin date: we charge 10% of the cost of the cancelled rooms.
- Please be sure of your dates before reserving. Any date change involves cancelling your original reservation (cancellation fees apply).
Please note that there are no exceptions to the cancellation fees under any circumstances (sickness, flight cancellations, acts of god, etc). We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover you from losses due to unforseen circumstances.
Terms and Conditions
Your reservation will be made for a room of the category you chose. We cannot guarantee you a specific room (#1, #2, etc.), but rather a room of the category you selected (Standard, Suite, Etc.).
CHARGES MADE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD:
Your credit card information is taken only to secure the reservation. Your credit card WILL NOT BE CHARGED unless you cancel (or fail to arrive for) your reservation. If you cancel or fail to arrive, your card will be automatically charged in accordance with our cancellation policy.
- Cash: Quetzals and US Dollars.
- Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and Revolut (NO FEE).
- Transfers from Local Banks: BI, Banrural, and BAC (NO FEE).
- PayPal (fees between 0% and 4%, depending on the method used).
- We do not accept credit cards as a payment method at the hotel.
PRICES AND EXCHANGE RATE:
All of our prices are in Quetzales. The dollar amounts are that appear on our website are approximations. The actual cost in US$ varies with the exchange rate. If you wish to pay your bill in US$, our local exchange rate is slightly lower than the bank rate in Panajachel. Please note that the room prices listed on our website apply for up to 2 people per room. We charge Q.100.00 (approximately US$ 13.00) per additional person. Room prices include all taxes. Meals are not included in the price of the room.
- Please DO NOT BRING FOOD OR BEVERAGES onto the property. If you bring a cooler, you will have to leave it at the front desk and have it returned to you when you leave. We have a wide variety of food, beverages, and alcoholic drinks available for you at our restaurant.
- Please DO NOT USE SPEAKERS on the property. We ask that you listen to your music/videos with headphones, in order to not disturb other guests.
- Please DO NOT BRING PETS onto the property, in order to avoid noise and disturbances to other guests.