Shiga Prefecture is home to Biwako, Japan's largest freshwater lake and one of the world's oldest lakes.Located about an hour away from Kyoto. Omi-Maiko is Lake Biwa’s most accessible and popular beach.It's comprised of a long stretch of sand and pebble-covered beach tucked beside a grove of fir trees.
Just 3 min walk to the beach,a cool cafe on the lakeside and water activities place. Five a-side court on a premises
You should not miss the unrealized sightseeing spots in Shiga such as; - Omihahiman (A castle town on the eastern shore of Lake Biwa-ko with a nostalgic atmosphere.Popular for a traditional boat ride)
- Hikone Castle (Hailed as being one of the best preserved castles in Japan.)
- Hieizan Enryaku-ji Temple(A remarkable mountaintop complex just outside of Kyoto, UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Biwaichi Cycling allows you to cycle around the circumference of Lake Biwa)
- Koka Ninja Village allows you to experience ninja training
- Shigaraki Ceramic Cultural Park
A confirmation e-mail will be automatically sent from our booking system when your booking has been made successfully. Please fill in a valid e-mail address and double check that it is correct before completing your booking.
Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation e-mail after completing your booking. Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address 1: 931-1
Address 2 : Kitahira
City : Otsu City - Shiga
Postal Code : 520-0503
Contact Name : J-Hoppers Lake Biwa Guesthouse
Phone : 077-596-1616
Email : email@example.com
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Free Wifi Internet
- Free Coffee & Tea
- Free Seasoning
- Free 2-in-1 shampoo in communal bathrooms
- Free body soap in communal bathrooms
- Free luggage storeage
- Free common PC
- Bicycle rental
- Plug adapter rental
- Down quilt
- Linen included
- Coin laundry
- No curfew
- Smoking area designated
- Towel rental:100JPY
- Pad lock rental
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Terms and Conditions
- You may make a reservation up to 6 months ahead of your stay.
Credit Card Number
- We need the card number and expiration date of your credit card for booking guarantee. We accept VISA, MASTER or JCB. If it is found that the credit card is invalid, we require that you send a valid card. We can not guarantee we will keep your booking without a valid credit card number.
- We do not charge for your stay with this credit card. Only should you go against the above articles, we will charge you the applicable cancellation fee. Should you arrive without incident, please make your payment upon your arrival by cash or credit card. We accept different credit cards from the one you gave us for booking as long as the card is VISA, MASTER or JCB
- Persons under 17 years of age can not be stayed without their parents. We may accept them based on his/her age if they submit a consent document from their parents in advance.
- Children under 12 years of age may not stay in the Dormitory rooms, even if they stay with their parents in the same room. They can only stay in private rooms with their parents.
- In case of bed sharing, please select one of the options below, including the child's age on Guest comment: Private room that 2 adults stay
- Option A: 2 adults + 1 child
- Option B: 1 adult + 2 children
- Option B': 1 adult + 1 child
- Option A: 3 adults + 1 child
- Option B: 2 adults + 2 children
- Option B': 2 adults + 1 children
- Option C: 1 adult + 3 children
- Option A: 4 adults + 1 child
- Option B: 3 adults + 2 children
- Option C: 2 adults + 3 children
- Option D: 1 adult + 4 children
- If you wish to cancel or change your reservation, we will require 2 days advance notice before the date of your arrival (e.g. if your arrival date is on the 5th, cancellation should be on the 3rd before the end of reception hours Japan time), otherwise you will be charged the cancellation fee of one night's stay. Cancellations made with two days advance notice or more will not be charged.
- If you fail to check in as scheduled, we will cancel all your bookings and you will be charged the cancellation fee.
- During your stay, we also require two days advance notice, should you want to change the duration of your stay. As long as you notify us two days before, we will refund the fee you have already paid.
- We may require additional conditions for reservations with lots of guests and reservations with large number of nights.
- Please make your payment for your entire stay upon your arrival. Credit Cards accepted (VISA, MASTER or JCB).
- In case you arrive out of reception hours written on each hostel page, please let us know in advance. We have no curfew and lockout. However, the entrance door keeps locked except for reception hours.
- We take no responsibility for the loss or damage of guest's belongings regardless if it is in a private room, dorm room or common space including the luggage storage.
- Excessive noise or other behavior complaints will be subject to one warning. Any further complaints will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
- We must be notified immediately of any loss or damage to our property. Guests will be charged reasonably for any repair or replacement of any property loss, removal or damage.
- We will keep an unclaimed lost article for one month after you check out. After that we dispose of them.
- Smoking is not allowed inside of the building (outside entrance is allowed). If there is any evidence to suggest you have been smoking (i.e. setting off smoke detectors or leaving cigarette remains (ash, butts, burn marks), you will be removed from the premises.
- Unfortunately we have no elevator (two-story building). Please note that you will have to carry your luggage up.