Just a few miles away from Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and Arezzo, Volpaia is the perfect location to travel Tuscany.
Property Name: Castello di Volpaia
Street Address: Piazza della Torre 2
City : Radda in Chianti - Siena
Postal Code : 53017
Contact Name: Federica mascheroni
- Fax services
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Swimming pool
- Breakfast Buffet
- Non-smoking rooms
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancelation Policies :
100% refund - In case of cancellation within 1 week of arrival if you book at least three rooms.
70% refund - In case of cancellation within 2 weeks of arrival If you book over three rooms you must kindly pay a 30% deposit, to be considered non-refundable.
Villas Casavecchia and La Pozza:
The rental period is from Saturday to Saturday. Prices include a weekly change of bed linen and towels, a daily cleaning service (4h a day from Monday to Friday for Pozza and Casavecchia) and a swimming pool cleaning (once a week). Upon request you can have towel changed more frequently (with extra-charge)
1.BOOKING - A deposit of 30% of the property rental must be paid for the Villa renting. We will not confirm the reservation till we received the down payment. The deposit is considered as Non-refundable rate.
2. PAYMENT OF THE BALANCE - The balance of the payment must be paid at least eight weeks before arrival. If the balance is not received by us by the due date, we shall be entitled to cancel the booking without prejudice to our claim for cancellation charges, and to retain the deposit. For bookings made within eight weeks of departure date, you will be required to pay the full cost of your holiday at the time of booking. The deposit is not refundable.
3. CANCELLATION BY YOU
It is agreed that should you wish to cancel your booking, or that the booking is cancelled by us due to non-payment, then we shall be entitled to the following percentage of the holiday cost:
- 8 weeks or more before arrival: Deposit (30%)
- 8-6 weeks before arrival: 50%
- 6 weeks or less before arrival date: 100%Cancellations must be received in writing by us.
4. SEASON 2023 COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY - We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. Therefore, in case of travel restrictions (closure of borders and/or travel bans) imposed by the Country where the "party leader " (the person in whose name the booking is made, to whom all correspondence is addressed and as such is responsible for the rental) resides or by the Italian Government, it will be possible to cancel the reservation free of charge starting from 30 days prior arrival until the arrival date. In this case Volpaia will reimburse the amount paid or will provide a voucher for the same amount to be used for a future booking.Please note that travel restrictions do not include the requirement of a Covid certificate (Covid test, Covid-vaccination, etc) entering in Italy or returning to your Country. There is also no refund possible if the local authorities will require a Covid certificate to stay in a touristic accommodation like our villas.
This applies to all bookings confirmed starting from October 1st 2022 with arrival between October 1st 2022 and December 20th 2023.
5. CANCELLATION BY US - Though it is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to confirmed arrangements, it does occasionally happen, and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. If for any reason beyond our control the property you booked becomes unsuitable for rentals (e.g. damage to the electric system, to the pool, or any other problem related to the property), we will cancel the booking and refund the amount paid to us for the property, but we will not be liable for any cancellation charges for travel arrangements. In the case of cancellation, the money transfer will be made on the same card / account that has processed the payment for the booking.
6. NUMBER OF PEOPLE / REPLACEMENTS/ CHILDREN & INFANTSThe number of people must not exceed the number of sleeping place indicated on the property description. Should the key holder find more people than those stated, we will ask the clients to vacate the house.Infants (children under 2 on date of return) are not included in occupancy figures. If there is more than one infant within the group this must be agreed upon when reserving the property. Each child over 2 (whether sleeping in a baby cot or not) will be counted as part of the villa occupancy.
7. COMMERCIAL USE / PARTIES & WEDDINGS / OTHER ACTIVITIES -Should clients intend to use a villa for any type of commercial use such as photo shoots or filming this should immediately be advised at the time of booking. Such use will only be allowed with the written consent of Volpaia.No private parties, weddings, wedding receptions or large gatherings are allowed in the properties without written permission from Volpaia.No camping is permitted on the property grounds.
8. INSURANCE - You and your party must have travel insurance cover including coverage against trip cancellation (also known as “Cancel for Any Reason” policy). The appropriate coverage should be purchased at the time of the booking. If you fail to travel with adequate insurance cover you will not have any chance of recovery of any losses, expenses or costs. Please note that in the unfortunate event of a cancellation due to any reason, including health reason, cancellation terms – as per point 3 - will irrevocably apply
9. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES - Clients must arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. and leave before 10 a.m. on the day of departure. If you wish to arrange arrival or departure at different times than those one stated, this must be agreed in advance and in writing with Volpaia notice. In case of flight delays or any inconvenient while travelling, clients should contact Volpaia. Late arrivals are difficult to be organized and when it is possible to arrange them an extra fee will apply – this must be paid directly to the key holder upon arrival.Please note that in the majority of cases, it is not possible to arrange arrivals after 10 p.m. It is up to us to decide whether or not to allow clients to enter the house at times other than those stated.
10. SECURITY DEPOSIT - A security deposit, as stated in the property description, must be payed upon arrival to the key holder in cash (any currency). This is to cover the cost of any damage or breakages during your stay to the property. This amount, less any applicable claims, will be returned to you on the morning of departure. Failure to pay the deposit can result in the key holder refusing entrance to the property.
11. PETS - If you want to bring one with you, please check in advance if this is possible. If accepted, you will be requested for an additional fee €5 per day per pet.
12. CLEANING - The property will be cleaned throughout at the beginning of the rental period and should be left by the tenants in good conditions at the end of the rental period. It is usually possible to arrange extra maid service but this cannot be guaranteed. The costs is approximately 15 € per hour and must be paid locally. If a maid is booked in advance her service cannot be cancelled locally without payment. Linen is generally changed after the first week.
13. BEHAVIOUR - The client signing the contract is responsible for the correct and decent behavior of his party. Should the client and his party behave in a manner that is not acceptable by civilised standards, we may ask the client and his party to vacate the house.
14. PEOPLE WITH HEALTH ISSUES - People with disabilities or health issues should verify with us the suitability of the property that they are considering. Please note that the majority of our properties are in the countryside, therefore bugs, spiders, wasps and domestic animals are common. Please take note of this in case someone in your group has allergies.You must inform us at the time of booking in case of any serious allergy of someone within your party.
15. LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sport or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.
16. SWIMMING POOLS -Swimming pools are not open all year long. If your rental period is outside the summer period (form June to September), please check with us if the pool can be opened. There are no lifeguards at our swimming pools and the majority of them are not enclosed with fences. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk. Children must be supervised at all times. The villa owners is not assume responsibilities for the use of the swimming pools. The swimming pools are not heated.
17. HEATING - Heating costs are not included in the price and must be paid directly on the spot. Please note that heating in Italy, is more expensive compared to other countries
18. WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that our villas are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages may occasionally occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months.At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limiters to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limiter will shut the electricity off.
19. INTERNET CONNECTION - Our properties have an internet connection. When a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to constantly access the internet should not only rely on the internet at the property. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of Internet Connection.
20. VALUABLES - Valuables left at the property are at the client’s risk. Neither the owner, nor their staff, are responsible for their loss.
22.TOURIST TAXES IN ITALY - A local tourist tax (Tassa di Soggiorno). The amount is set on the number of nights and persons, is to be paid directly by tourists upon arrival at the property.
By accepting the online booking form and/or paying the security deposit, you declare that you have read and fully and unconditionally approve and accept the 21 points of these Booking Conditions in your name and that of your group.
Terms and Conditions
- Government Taxes: Local taxes € 2,00 per person per night
- Payment and Terms: Because is not a hotel, we will ask you the payment at the moment of the check-in
- Check-in time: from 4pm to 8pm (Later check in will have an extra charge) - Check-out time: 10am.
- Traveling with Minors: Minors have to travel with an adult
- Parking: Private parking near the rooms and apartments until exhaustion space
- Activities: In Volpaia you can book your table to Osteria Volpaia, have a tour and tasting of the winery, enjoy a cooking class; please contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org +39 057 7738066 - +39 3386559091
- Dispute Resolution/Problems in Firenze