Boutique vacation rentals located in the heart of downtown Seward, Alaska.
Property Name: Sauerdough Lodging
Address 1: 225 Fourth Ave
City : Seward - Alaska
Postal Code : 99664
Contact Name: Meredith Hershock
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
CHECK-IN. We operate on a self check-in basis. There are two doors you will need codes for- the outside door, and the door to your specific apartment. (Exception is the Seahorse Cottage- you only need one code). The codes will be emailed to you 14 days prior to your arrival, and again at 3 days before you check-in. If you are traveling, and will not have access to your email, please let us know when you make your reservation, so we can arrange an alternate way to send you the codes. Check-in time is after 4:00 p.m. on the Check-In Day. Please call in advance to arrange a specific check-in time if needed. Reasonable check-in requests can be accommodated, depending on circumstances.
CHECK-OUT. Check-out must be complete and the premises vacated by 11:00 a.m. on Check-Out Day to allow time to prepare for the next scheduled guests. We can occasionally accommodate reasonable late check-out requests (depending on how many rooms we have to turn over that day). You must ask to stay later by texting us at (907) 491-0473 or (907) 422-7125. We have a $20 per hour late check-out fee, which will be charged the day you are scheduled to leave.
PETS. Pets are not permitted in any part of the rental property – inside or out. This applies to live animals of any kind, even if you intend to keep them in their cages/boxes or outside. Sauerdough Lodging is represented as a pet free rental inside and out, and we cannot make exceptions for fish, reptiles, dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, mice, or any living things other than Guests.
SMOKING. ALL types of smoking and vaping are not permitted on the Property inside or out. Violation is grounds for immediate termination and eviction with no refunds of Rent or Tax. Should we find evidence of smoking in your room, you will be charged a $200 cleaning fee at checkout.
Terms and Conditions
- Taxes- The city of Seward charges 11% tax, which will be added to the cost of your stay at the time of booking.
- Traveling with Minors- all guests must be acknowledged at the time of booking.
- Accessibility or Special Needs- Our building is over 100 years old. We do not have an elevator. We have 19 steps guests must be able to climb in order to access the rooms (except the Seahorse Cottage, which only has 2.5 steps)
- Parking- Parking for the apartments at 225 4th Ave is available on-street directly outside our property. There is no fee or time limit. Private parking is available for the Seahorse cottage on-site, in the driveway. The driveway holds approx. 2 cars.
- Vouchers for the Sea Bean cafe (applies to the apartments located above the Sea Bean only)- each guest listed in the reservation will receive one $5 (five-dollar) coupon per ADULT, per day of your stay during our summer season only (approx. May 1- Sept 15 annually). No cash back, no cash value, does not apply for children.