Ponta do Ouro is located in the middle of a huge 300 km long protected nature reserve consisting of pristine beaches and an ocean with unparalleled coral reefs. The underwater life is exuberant and of enormous diversity. Diving is therefore a popular sport. Snorkeling excursions are organized and there is the possibility to swim with wild dolphins. Quad bikes are available for those who want to explore the area. You can surf, canoe, fish, swim, sun bathing.
There is also the possibility of big game safaris in the nearby nature reserve.If there is sufficient interest, a combination is also possible with a 5-day safari through Swaziland, South Africa and the Kruger Reserve. The route goes from Ponta do Ouro to Mbabane the capital of Swaziland. Then via Phalaborwa in South Africa to the rest camps of Letaba and Skukuza in the Kruger reserve. There is also a 3 day version via Skukuza and Lower Sabie.
Property Name: DEVOCEAN Eco Adventure Lodge
Address 1: 12 Rua C
Address 2 : - Next to Police Station -
City : Ponta do Ouro - Maputo
Postal Code : 1118
Contact Name: Sean
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
All date changes resulting from government imposed travel restrictions are free of charge.
Seasonal surcharges apply if applicable. No refunds.
50% deposit upon reservation. Balance 30 days prior to arrival.
Full payment when booked 35 days or less before reserved date of arrival.
50% until 30 days prior to reserved day of arrival.
100% from 30 days prior to reserved day of arrival.
Terms and Conditions
- DEVOCEAN offers a restaurant and bar services. Therefore, no drinks or food from elsewhere should be brought in. It is also not allowed to prepare or use food in any of the units. ‘Room-Service’ on the deck, terrace or patio, is perfectly fine.
- Appliances (fridge, freezer, stove, fan, aircon, braai) are not allowed. We advertise DEVOCEAN as a “Fully Catered Lodge”. NOT as a Camping or a Holiday Rental.
- Cooler boxes must remain outside of the inner gate. Ice for use at the beach, can be bought at the market.
- NO smoking’ is the rule anywhere within the property. The balcony in front of the reception and the bench below, are the exception.
- Respect your neighbors! Whatever you do in or around your unit, make sure it can’t be heard outside your space. Open sound devices are nowhere allowed. Use the fan (or earplugs) to whitewash some of the outside noise if there’s a busy night out in the village.
- Strict silence is required at night between 10 PM and 6 AM. The policy includes talking. As a rule of thumb, we aim at DEVOCEAN to be a place of peace and quiet. The village around us offers everything else.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring in any unregistered guest at all times.
- Alcohol or drug abuse is strictly opposed at DEVOCEAN and meant to keep everyone safe. Security is instructed to prevent access for guests we are obviously intoxicated and likely to cause noise or other irregularities.
- Gates are closed at 12 AM and will remain closed until 6 AM. If you’re inside, you can’t get out (emergencies aside). If you’re outside, you won’t be able to get in until gates open again at 6 in the morning.
- All guests have to register at the reception with full name, a copy of ID or passport, email address and a facial picture taken.
- Disrespecting the ‘House Rules’ will trigger a verbal warning. Repeated offences will lead to further cancellation. Any reductions as a result (staying less nights than originally booked for) are exempt from refunds.