Mount Mitchell Eco Retreat is a hotel and retreat center for people interested in communing with nature. The property features 28 acres of wilderness that includes a large Main Lodge that is a gathering place for guests, plus four other lodges that house our 16 rooms and suites. This page is our direct booking page and offers our lowest rates. To learn more about Mount Mitchell Eco Retreat visit our website: https://www.mmecoretreat.com.
Mount Mitchell Eco Retreat
430 Otter Rock Road
Burnsville, NC 28714
A large knotty-pine wood building with gorgeous views of the Black Mountains. The Main Lodge is a shared space for guests to socialize, enjoy a fire in our beautiful wood-burning fireplace, play games, cook a meal, enjoy a yoga class, or watch the sunset in the rocking chair front porch.
Accommodations:- Community Kitchen: A large kitchen space for guests to share. It features two stoves, two sinks, two fridges (in addition to the large 7.1 cubic ft fridges in each room/suite), two dishwashers, and plenty of cookware. There are no restaurants on property, so pick up some groceries (including oils/spices) on your way to the Eco Retreat and you'll be all set.
- Fireplace Lounge: A huge stone fireplace in our cozy lounge allows for a wonderful place to kick back and relax. We provide free firewood for this fireplace.
- Yoga Studio: We offer yoga classes 2-3x per week for $15/class. Sign up and learn more at https://www.mmecoretreat.com/yoga.
- Great Room: A large open space with seating for 36 people to share meals, play games, and have a great time.
We have four lodge buildings that house our 16 rooms and suites. To see a layout of the buildings view our map at https://www.mmecoretreat.com/map. Each of our rooms and suites has a brand new, energy-efficient Mitsubishi heat pump for heating and cooling. All our king and queen beds feature super-comfortable Awara mattresses that are made using organic and sustainably-sourced materials. Our rooms and linens are cleaned with fragrance-free and environmentally-conscious products. The provided soap is Dr. Bonner's Organic Soap, and our body products are all Earth/body-friendly products from Public Goods.
- Mitchell Lodge: Named after its views of Mount Mitchell, this lodge has 4 rooms that each have a king bed, a private bathroom, a microwave, coffee maker, a 7.1 cubic ft fridge, and a table with two chairs.
- Pisgah Lodge: Named after the Pisgah National Forest, which this lodge backs up to, this lodge features 4 suites that each have a back bedroom with a queen bed, a private bathroom, and a living area with a couch and chair, a microwave, coffee maker, a 7.1 cubic ft fridge, and a table with seating for four.
- Winter Star Lodge: Named after this lodge's spectacular views of Winter Star Mountain, this lodge features two suites that each have a king loft with a full bathroom, a queen back bedroom with a second full bathroom, and a living space with a couch and chair, a microwave, coffee maker, a 7.1 cubic ft fridge, and a table with seating for four.
- Clear Creek Lodge - Creekside: Named after the (usually) babbling creek that flows beside this building, the Creekside rooms each feature a king bed, a private bathroom, a microwave, coffee maker, a 7.1 cubic ft fridge, and a table with two chairs.
- Clear Creek Lodge - King + Bunks (ADA option): This side of Clear Creek Lodge features two suites that each have two adjoining rooms. One room features a king bed, a private bathroom, and a table and chair(s). The adjoining room features two sets of bunk beds (4 twin mattress total), a bar with seating for four, and a private bathroom. The king room of the ADA suite has a handicap accessible bathroom and other ADA features.
This one-room bungalow next to the Main Lodge is a place where guests can book massages or energy work with our area's best therapists and guides. We encourage guests to book in advance, which must be scheduled with each practitioner individually. Get the ball rolling by texting the practitioner or filling out the form at https://www.mmecoretreat.com/healing-house.
- Fast WiFi: Even though we're a remote location we have fast fiber WiFi throughout the buildings and most of our 28 acres.
- Rocking Chairs: Relax while watching the beautiful scenery on any of the porches of the Main Lodge and all four accommodation buildings.
- Beautiful landscape: Our ever-changing flora and fauna makes us a year-round destination, and includes two creeks, a spring, and a pond.
- Fire Pits: We have three fire pits, plus a large outdoor grille for guest use.
- No TVs/Phones: Bring your own devices to utilize our fast internet, but when you're here the only connection you really need is to your higher self. (We do have a 4k projector for special events and the Help Desk phone in the Main Lodge.)
- Hammocks: Kick your feet up and watch the clouds go by on one of our many hammocks.
Retreats, Reunions & Weddings:
This amazing location is a wonderful space for friend and family reunions, wellness retreats (yoga, health, meditiation, etc) or corporate retreats, and weddings and other events. An exclusive booking of this beautiful land makes for a truly outstanding experience!
Learn more: https://www.mmecoretreat.com
Property Name: Mount Mitchell Eco Retreat
Street Address: 430 Otter Rock Rd
City : Burnsville - North Carolina
Postal Code : 28714
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- 24-hour check-in
- Air conditioning
- BBQ facilities
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Carbon monoxide sources
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Exterior corridor
- Face masks available for guests
- Fire extinguishers
- Fireplace, outdoor
- First aid kits
- Golf course within 3.5 km / 2 mi
- Guest parking
- Hypoallergenic rooms
- Linens, towels, laundry washed per local authority guidelines
- Local safety protocols followed
- Minimarket / Convenience store
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Picnic area
- Shared kitchen
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
- Table tennis / Ping pong
- Temporary art galleries
- Toilet with grab rails
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
We do not allow pets for many reasons, including the fact that we have three dogs (friendly, safe breeds) and a cat already living on the property. We do allow handicap service animals, but please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can notify the team that an animal will be on our campus. We do not allow emotional support animals.
For "Standard" or "Refundable" Reservations:
No Charge - If cancelled more than 7 day before check-in. For instance, if check-in day is the 10th of the month, then cancellation needs to happen by 11:59pm EST on the 2nd of that month.
Partial Charge - First Night Stay - If cancelled more than 2 days but less than 7 days before check-in. For instance, if check-in day is the 10th of the month, then first night stay will be charged if cancelled between 3rd of that month and 11:59pm EST on the 7th of that month.
Full Charge - If cancelled less than two days before check-in. For instance, if check-in day is the 10th of the month, full charge happens if not cancelled before 12am on the 8th of that month.
For "Non-Refundable" Reservations and Reservations that use a Promo Code:
Full charge - No refunds, no exceptions.
For Reservations that use a Group Code:
Cancel for free up to three weeks before check-in. After three weeks before check-in, receive a full refund IF the event host can re-book the accommodation or if the event host has otherwise met their minimum accommodation requirement. If the event host has not otherwise met their minimum accommodation requirement then no refund is provided.
For "Standard" or "Refundable" reservations - Your credit card will be charged for the full amount of the reservation 7 days prior to your check-in day. If your reservation is for 7 days or less from today then your credit card will be charged upon booking the reservation.
For "Non-Refundable" and Reservations that use a Promo Code - Your credit card may be charged at any time between booking and 7 days prior to your check-in day.
For Reservations that use a Group Code - Your credit card will be charged three weeks prior to check-in. If check-in is less than three weeks from the booking date then the credit card may be charged at any point prior to check-in.
Terms and Conditions
View our Terms & Conditions here: http://www.extras.mmecoretreat.com/T&C.html