The West End Hotel offers stylish, comfortable accommodation in a mixture of tastefully decorated standard and ensuite rooms in the centre of Edinburgh, close to all that this magnificent city has to offer. Providing a high standard of customer service and with a great location well-equipped accommodation; the West End Hotel is a great choice, whether you are visiting Edinburgh on business or pleasure.
The hotel is located in a quiet residential area, while still in the heart of the city, just a 15 minute walk from the West End of Princes Street as well as being conveniently located within walking distance of Edinburgh's many tourist attractions and the city's main business districts. It is also only a 5 minute walk to one of Edinburgh’s main bus routes and a 10 minute walk from Haymarket Train Station.
The high ceilings, beautiful traditional cornicing, bay windows and warm colour scheme complement one another wonderfully. This small hotel prides itself on modern, clean and fresh accommodation along with high standards of customer service. Each of the private double or family hotel rooms now boasts an LCD TV with built-in Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities and a brand new modern ensuite bathroom. With stylish contemporary decor and crisp white cotton sheets, the rooms are attractive, modern and comfortable. For larger groups or individuals looking for shared accommodation, we also have some dormitory rooms.
The bar is open daily and serves a wide variety of traditional Scottish malts, wines, bottled and tap beers and lagers. This venue is a great place to relax and have a quiet drink, meet with friends, watch international sporting events on the two large television screens or listen to live music. Live music nights take place each month on a Friday and Saturday night. Please contact us or look on our website for details of upcoming events.
Please note, we do not have lift facilities in the hotel and rooms are located over 3 floors all accessible by stairs. Free wifi internet access is available in the public areas of the hotel and left luggage facilities are available.
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Late Check-out Hour:
Late Check-out Fees: £5.00
Late check-out (after 11:00 AM and before 12:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Terms and Conditions
Other Important Information:
• Children are welcome when adults are booking a full occupancey room - unfortunately children under 18 are not permitted in the dorm rooms. Anyone booking children into one of our dorm rooms will not be allowed to stay and will be required to find themselves alternative accommodation.
• There is no capacity for extra beds in the rooms.
• ALL guests checking into the hotel must have photographic ID with them in the form of passport, driving license etc. Unfortunately check in will not be permitted unless photo ID is provided.
• No pets are permitted in the hotel
• We do not have lift access in the hotel and all rooms are accessible by stairs only over 3 floors
• Free Internet Access Available
• Free mobile phone charging lockers in each dorm
• Small lockers for valuables are available with access from 8am until 11pm
• Laundry (wash and dry for £6) – this is subject to availability as hotel laundry is done in house.
• Female only dorm - Unfortunately any males who book the female only dorm will have their booking cancelled and their deposit will not be refunded
• Full Scottish Breakfast included with private hotel rooms only
• Continental Breakfast is optional at £6.00pp.
• Check in is from 3pm and check out is 11am. Luggage can be left with us out with these times.
• Late Check In Fee - Any guests arriving after 11pm Sunday to Thursday and after Midnight Friday and Saturday will be required to pay a £5 late arrival fee to the member of night staff. Please note this is a one off fee of £5 and not £5 per person.