Cocolia Hotel offers nine eco-friendly accommodations with ocean and jungle
views, located amidst the Oaxacan Coast of Mexico. The hotel was built mixing vernacular architecture and new technologies
in order to preserve and protect the topography of the land and the flora and
fauna covering the rolling hills. Rain water is collected to prevent erosion
and recycled for use in the dry season, and all power requirements provided by
Cocolia is a perfect retreat for nature lovers, adventurous and those seeking for reconnection with themselves, their loved ones or nature.
We are an adult-only, gay-friendly, pet-friendly hotel.
Property Name: Cocolia Hotel
Address 1: Camino de Mermejita Alta, Sin Nombre S/N
Address 2 : Santa Maria Tonameca
City : Mazunte, Oaxaca
Postal Code : 70946
- Baggage storage
- Gift shop
- Room service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- Valet service
- Welcome Drink
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Cancellation without charges until 7 days before the date of entry.
- 100% of expenses on the total reservation for cancellations made within 7 days before arrival.
- 100% of the expenses on the total of the reservation for non-appearance or early departure on the first day of the stay.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age accepted at the hotel is 16 years old
- Smoking is prohibited inside and around the rooms. Smoking is only permitted in the common areas.
- It is not allowed to make loud noise in the rooms or common areas after 9pm.
- A 20 USD supplement will be charge for late check out.
- A 16% VAT + 3% accommodation rate per night must be paid at the time of check out.
- Our energy is based on solar panels, so we have a restricted use of it. It is forbidden to use irons, hair dryers or curling irons, coffee makers or any electronic device similar to those mentioned above.
- We are located in the highest area of Mermejita in a semi-virgin area, 1km from the town and the beach. The way to get to the hotel is via a dirt road with steep climbs and descents, so walking takes between 20 to 25 minutes (not suitable for people with walking difficulties or older adults).
- The access to the hotel is with vans or high cars, ATVs or on foot. We have a taxi service from 9:00 to 15:30 and from17:30 to 22:00 at an additional cost. Only 3 taxi drivers from the town of Mazunte go up to the hotel and charge 100 pesos, the schedule is subject to availability, the service ends at 20:00 hours.
- It is very important to indicate your arrival time to schedule the transfer from the town to the hotel. We would appreciate if you could respect the check-in time which is from 15:00 to 17:00. During this hours we will pick you up to bring you to the hotel as we do not have an address with streets and it is easy to get lost. The meeting point is the tourist information office located in front of the Tania restaurant at the entrance of Mazunte.