ABOUT USSouth Landing Inn was founded in 1827 and has a long history of being one of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s most well reputed and excellent hotels for tourists of the region. It features the quiet, unspoiled charm of a country inn while being situated in the quaint, historical village of Queenston.Our hotel is nestled in one of Canada’s most popular tourist destinations, the Niagara Falls, surrounded by all of its history and close to Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake. Around the hotel’s immediate area, you will find plenty of places offering, fine and casual dining, music, performing arts, cycling, nature trails, fishing, golfing, and vineyards offering exclusive wine tours of our regions most excellent local wines.
OUR STORYThe South Landing Inn was built in the early 1800’s by Thomas Dickson who saw the opportunity to accommodate the many travellers the region catered to even back then. The usual tenants would be tourists on route from the far reaches of America and Canada to the ever famous Niagara Fall. Queenston was a thriving town for tourists boasting 13 inns and taverns but now only the South Landing Inn remains and has managed to stand through 200 years of history to be a premier destination for the location.
THE INNSouth Landing Inn has undergone some gentle renovations to improve the already high standards of service it provides to thousands of guests every year. This is the first time it has been updated since the 1980s, bringing much needed additions and updates to bring it into the modern era while maintaining its country charm.
Property Name: South Landing Inn
Address 1: 21 Front st S
City : Queenston, Niagara-on-the-Lake - Ontario
Postal Code : L0S 1L0
Contact Name: Reception
Phone: +1 905-262-4634
- Gift shop
- Meeting rooms
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Deposit - If cancelled within 1 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
All reservations are to be followed up with a valid credit card number
We are a non-smoking Inn
We do not allow pets
Candles are not permitted in any guest rooms
Cancellations within 24 hours of the date of reservation will be charged the full cost of the stay
No items or property may be altered without permission from the Inn
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Check-in for guests is after 4:00 P.M. (16:00) and checkout is by 11:00 A.M (11:00)
All personal items brought in for the duration of the stay shall be removed upon check-out
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
This property accepts credit and debit cards only; cash is not accepted
Safety features at this property include carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher, smoke detector, and a first aid kit
We do not allow children under the age of 14, except by written permission only
A cleaning fee of $35+HST will be added to your overall room charge
Termination by Owner
The Inn reserves the right to terminate your booking and retain all deposits/payments made in the event that unruly behaviour occurs that can or has injured a person, the property, or its contents. Guests shall not disturb or offend any neighbours. In order to preserve the peaceful surroundings, we reserve the right to refuse service or terminate bookings for drunken, loud, or unruly behaviour. Furthermore, all guests at any event or stay must comply with reasonable requests made by the Inn or his/her/their representative(s) to ensure the orderliness or success of the event/stay or for the protection of the property, its contents, or the grounds. Failure to comply will result in eviction of the offending person(s) or the entire party.
The guest is liable for any damages to the facility, equipment or grounds. The guest is responsible to cover the cost of repair(s) for any damages incurred by the guest.
The guest cannot hold the Inn responsible for property damage caused by natural catastrophes which may make the Inn an unsuitable venue. In the event that the facilities have to be evacuated due to the aforementioned reasons or the event space is not suitable to move forward, the Inn will allow for the event to be rescheduled or the Client will be given a full refund.
We are a company built on the values of excellence and responsibility. As such, we want to ensure the trust and safety of our guests, staff, suppliers, and community. This means, in the face of COVID-19, putting in thoughtful and cautious measures to protect all with whom we interact:
- Cashless transactions are available for all charges at the property
- We require all guests and staff to practice physical distancing by staying at least six feet away from one another at all times
- We ask guests to respect common spaces. Two people maximum will be allowed in these areas unless you are a family unit of more than two travelling together
- We have modified our breakfast offering to minimize contact points through dishes and cutlery offering our usual creative, high-quality food in new formats
- Outdoor furniture will be strategically arranged to ensure you can still enjoy our outdoor spaces safely
- Rooms will no longer be cleaned mid-stay to prevent unnecessary interaction between our guests and staff. Your room will be well-stocked with extra towels and other amenities for the duration of your stay. For any top-ups, contact us please
- Check-in and check-out will be contactless if requested
- Common areas will be stocked with hand sanitizer for your use during your stay. We encourage frequent hand washing
- We’ve increased the frequency of property-wide cleaning and disinfecting with extra focus paid to high-touch surfaces like door knobs, remote controls, etc. and all staff areas are cleaned and disinfected several times a day
- Face masks are mandatory for all staff when interacting with guests
- Masks and gloves are available for guests upon request.