Located less than a mile from the beach, and nestled along the Indiana Dunes National Park, this family-owned vintage motor lodge has been providing guests with large, comfortable rooms and friendly service for more than 40 years. Beginning mid-May 2021, new owners (still family owned!) began an extensive exterior renovation that has included new paint, landscaping, the addition of outdoor Adirondack chairs, flower boxes, grills, additional picnic tables, and sealcoating & striping the parking lot. We are especially fond of our new fire pit area, which many guests have already enjoyed! We provide grilling tools and long skewers for making s'mores around a bonfire; guests must provide their own charcoal and fluid.
Some rooms have been remodeled in between guest check-ins, and more room renovations will continue after Labor Day. Please check back with us for updates on our progress. New upgrades include all new furniture in some rooms including brand new pillow-top Serta beds and luxury linens. In room refrigerators, microwaves, Keurig coffee makers and complimentary K-Cups are provided. At this time, all rooms offer cable television, and some have been upgraded with 4K Smart TV's which enable guests to also enjoy their favorite shows and movies from their own streaming accounts. Our pool and tennis court are not operational at this time, but we are working to offer those once again in 2022.
Our charming roadside lodging is centrally located to many of our area's attractions:
2.8 miles from Indiana Dunes National Park
2.2 miles from Mount Baldy
3.3 miles from Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets
4.0 miles from Washington Park Zoo
4.3 miles from Blue Chip Casino
and close to countless area restaurants and bars.
Property Name: Al & Sally's Motel
Address 1: 3221 W Dunes Hwy
City : Michigan City - Indiana
Postal Code : 46360
- Air conditioning
- CCTV outside property
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Fire extinguishers
- Fireplace, outdoor
- Outdoor furniture
- Picnic area
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
You may cancel your reservation without charge until 4:00 p.m. seven (7) days prior to arrival. Refunds will not be given if you must cancel after this deadline. Please also note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change.
Terms and Conditions
- Al & Sally's Motel is a 100% SMOKE FREE facility. In room smoking of any kind will result a $250 charge to the guest's credit/debit card on file.
- Room prices are subject to change at any time without notice. Published room prices do not include state and local taxes, or the 2% resort fee.
- All reservations are required to be paid in advance of arrival. A valid credit/debit card is needed at the time of check in, which will be pre-authorized for up to $250 for incidentals or damage/loss/theft, if necessary.
- Guests arriving after 7:00 PM should call or text the front desk at (219) 872-9131 to obtain a one time code for the keyless entry to their room. The key fob will be placed inside the guest's room. Guests should immediately check in at the front desk the morning following their late arrival.
- Please be respectful by keeping TV's, music and other potentially disturbing noises at a level which ensures the comfort of all guests. Failure to do so will result in guests being asked to vacate the premises without refund. In room parties are prohibited. Al & Sally's maintains a family friendly atmosphere at and around all common areas on campus. Use of loud profanity, public intoxication, unsafe behavior and fireworks is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and you may be asked to vacate the premises without refund.
- Use of the grills and firepit area is for the enjoyment of guests. Fire extinguishers are located on the front of the building in case of emergency.
- Wi-Fi is complimentary in all rooms. Al & Sally's is located in an area with temperamental Wi-Fi service. We assume no liability for, and give no room discounts for lost or weak Wi-Fi signals or interruption in cable/internet/cellular service due to location, weather, or some other reason beyond our control.
- Each room has a designated parking spot in front. Guests arriving separately are asked to park extra vehicles in the overflow parking located between the two buildings.
- The pool and tennis court are not in operation. For your safety, this area is off limits to all guests without exceptions.
- In the event of an emergency or fire - call 911 immediately then notify the front desk.
- Al & Sally's Motel reserves the right to compensation in the event of damage or theft of motel property. Any damage or theft arising from a guest's stay will result in appropriate charges to the credit/debit card on file. Any room requiring excessive cleaning after a guest's departure will result in a $250 charge to the credit/debit card on file.
- Al & Sally's makes every effort to ensure that all information that appears on our website is accurate. However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given that the information provided on this website is without error. Al & Sally's Motel does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions, and reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time and without notice.