- The really important issue....we are the closest pillow to the surf breaks .... our little piece of paradise is closer to the breaks than any other establishment by at minimum a five hundred meter walk with a river swim. At the finca, you are just 18 steps down to the beach and directly in front are five distinct breaks.
- Finca Popoyo is our 88 acres of paradise. We are carefully building a residential resort community. Our northern hills and southern meadow drape the 1300 meters of the beach known for hundreds of years as Bahia Punta Sardina .....still today from time to time the mackerals or dorados run the feeder sardines into the bay's rocks and form fish boils.... a site to see and usually soon after eaten. Today, the breaks in the bay are more commonly known as Popoyo, a global brand name in the world of surfing. The Breaks Lodge at FP is our first lodging option.
- Our one bay includes arguably eight surf locations, four prospective world class. The breaks include the varied slow rollers of the South Bay(l/r), the delicate, but massive Outer Reef(l), sometimes there, La Lejana(l), the nearly endless wave machine – Popoyo(l/r), next up, La Piedrita (r) - beware of the name and finally Rio Nauhaulapa(l) . All of the other world class breaks of Tola are but minutes drive from our gate. Truly a surfers paradise! We are the CLOSEST PILLOW TO THE BREAKS....by far!
- A community with a conscious vision, Finca Popoyo is dedicated to families and individuals who seek to carve out just a bit of paradise for a gourmet life on a sustainable diet. We strive to live with and among our Nicaraguan hosts, to celebrate the beauty and passion of all things Nicaraguan, to create a model for others to follow.
- We are situated just in front of the ages old salt plazas of Las Salinas de Nauhaulapa in the north of the municipality of Tola, department of Rivas, Nicaragua. With each passing season we grow closer - in time - to you as the national government of Nicaragua successfully completes and improves transportation infrastructure.
- Today, the international airport in Managua is just two hours distant. We are only 11 minutes to the new international airport, Aeropuerto Costa Esmeralda, here in Tola. The paving of the coast road is now just 6 kilometers south at the airport.. Our new power sub-station has begun construction.
- Day by day, we become more than just a world class surf destination at the end of the earth. Horse back riding, world class yoga instruction, mountain biking, thermal baths, spectacular sport fishing, ropes course, local benefits work and more activities are now available.
- Join us! Grow with us! Stay with us first and explore our little, not so little, piece of paradise.
- Meet with us at the Breaks Bar for a chat and a cold beverage!
Property Name: The Breaks at Finca Popoyo
Address 1: Calle Popoyo, 800 meters sur de La Costernera (62)
Address 2 : El Porton en la derecha
City : Tola - Rivas
Postal Code : 48500
Contact Name: Philip Christopher
- Baggage storage
- Foreign currency exchange
- Laundry service
- Surf Board Rentals
- Free Wifi
- 24/7 Security
- Airport Transportation
- Horse Back Riding
- Fishing Trips
- Guided Surf Trips
- Coldest Beer on the Beach
- Closest Pillow to the Break....by a long ways!
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Late Check-Out Hour: 16:00
Late Check-out Fees: 50%
Late check out (after 11:30 and before 16:00) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Deposit - If cancelled within 1 days of arrival
Partial Charge - 25% of Full Stay - If cancelled within 7 days of arrival