Property Name: City House Hostel Philadelphia
Address 1: 17 North 2nd Street
City : Philadelphia
Postal Code : 19106
- air conditioning
- free wifi
- free towels
- no lockout
- 24 hour access
- nightly happy hour
- central heat
- media center
- Free nightly event
- Self-guided tours available
- Shared kitchen
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Any group of 5 guests or more must be prepaid 7 days prior to your scheduled check in date. Any group that wishes to cancel must cancel 5 days prior to your arrival.
Terms and Conditions
Taxes are not included in the rates shown online. Local and state taxes will be charged at check-in based on local and state tax rates.
RESERVATIONS & CHARGES:Cash, Visa, American Express, Discover, and Master Card. If you have a debit card, it must have been issued by Visa. To Note: No Laser cards are accepted.
Within 30 days prior to arrival, all reservations will be charged a deposit equal to the price of the first night of the reservation including all taxes and fees. This deposit is refundable per the stated cancellation policy.
No one under the age of 18 allowed.
All guests in a party must be over the age of 18. If you wish to bring along guests who are under the age of 18, you must contact us and receive written approval prior to arrival, otherwise we will be unable to honor your reservation.
Ages 0 – 7:
Not allowed under any circumstances
8 – 13
Only allowed if you reserve an entire room for your party. This means you could reserve a private room or a larger room, but you must reserve the entire room. At least one member of the party must be 18+ and they will be 100% responsible for any other under age guests.
14 – 17
Please contact us before hand. At least one member of the party must be 18+ and they will be 100% responsible for any other under age guests.
We are a “shoes free” hostel to help ensure cleanliness and to provide a “homey” feeling. Please feel free to bring an extra pair of slippers for indoor use!
If you are a resident of the city or zip codes within a 10 mile radius, you MUST provide proof of ongoing travel, as this is a travelers hostel. Otherwise, you are not permitted to stay.
A valid international passport or US government-issued ID (such as a US state drivers license) is required to check in to the hostel for your stay.
Due to the close communal quarters share by our guests and our staff, we need to consider the safety and needs of the many. In doing so Management reserves the right to deny stay/use of the facilities to anyone for the following reasons but is not withheld to the reasons listed. These reasons are up to the manager’s discretion and may include Overall Health, Cleanliness and Mental State.
There is a limit for reservations of 14 days in any given calendar year.
GROUP RESERVATIONSAny group of 8 guests or more must contact us in advance.
Groups of 8 – 19 guests:
Groups of 20 or more:
Failure to contact us in advance may result in your group being split into multiple rooms.
Any group that wishes to cancel must cancel at least 7 days prior to your arrival.Please note that while we try to keep all groups in the same room, we cannot guarantee that all guests on reservations with 3 or more guests will be placed in the same room. Please contact us ahead of your check-in date to confirm that your group is placed in the same room.
CHECK-IN CONDITIONS:By checking in the guest acknowledges all statements herein.By checking in the guest understands that this is NOT A LEASE and their stay is TEMPORARY ONLY. This is not accommodations for long term. As such, the guest understands and agrees that they have no legal tenant rights as prescribed by law; rather they are held to the short term housing and hoteliers law and statutes.
By checking in the guest agrees to abide by all rules set forth herein as well as follow the legal direction of City House Hostels and its subsidiaries staff, employees, managers, and its agents. Should a guest fail to comply with any of the herein agreed to terms and conditions, City House Hostels and its subsidiaries reserves the right to charge the guest $25 per infraction and / or request that the guest vacate the property immediately. Any destruction of property will result in a minimum remuneration of $150.
Your bed will be ready by 3pm on the day of your checkin
CHECKOUT CONDITIONS:On the day of your check out:We request that you vacate the property by 11am. This means all of your belongings must be out of the room.
YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE IN OUR SECURE CLOSET AREA WHILE YOU SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY IN THE CITY, BUT IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT TODAY, YOU MUST BE OUT OF THE BED BY 11 AM SO WE CAN CHANGE IT FOR THE NEXT GUEST.
If your bed sheets, linens, and towels are not returned your credit card on file will be charged for any missing items.
PROPERTY RULES & CONDITIONS:***There is a 14 night limit to your stay***
By checking in the guest acknowledges all statements herein:
By checking in the guest understands that this is NOT A LEASE and their stay is TEMPORARY ONLY. This is not accommodations for long term. As such, the guest understands and agrees that they have no legal tenant rights as prescribed by law; rather they are held to the short term housing and hoteliers law and statutes.
By checking in, the guest agrees to abide by all rules set forth herein, as well as follow the legal direction of City House Hostels, its subsidiaries, staff, employees, managers, and its agents.Should a guest fail to comply with any of the herein agreed to terms and conditions or cause damage to the property, City House Hostels and its subsidiaries reserves the right to charge the guest and/or request that the guest vacate the property.
1) NO SMOKING INSIDE THE BUILDING, NOR OUT OF THE WINDOWS. GUESTS MAY SMOKE OUTSIDE ON THE SIDEWALK AND NOT BLOCKING THE DOOR.
2) IF YOU USE ANY OF THE DISHES, PLEASE WASH THEM AS SOON AS YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THEM AND PLACE THEM IN THE DRYING RACK SO THAT THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER GUESTS TO USE — DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE SINK OR ON THE COUNTER.
3) PLEASE DISPOSE OF ANY TRASH THAT YOU BRING INTO/MAKE IN ANY OF THE COMMONS AREAS AND GUEST ROOMS.
4) IF YOU LEAVE PERSONAL BELONGINGS OUT IN COMMON AREAS OR BATHROOMS, THEY WILL BE PLACED IN LOST AND FOUND — Please help us keep common areas free of clutter!
5) PLEASE SLEEP IN THE BED ASSIGNED TO YOU – BEDS ARE ASSIGNED AUTOMATICALLY BY THE COMPUTER AND OFTEN TIMES SOMEONE ELSE IS ALREADY ASSIGNED TO THE BED YOU WANT TO TAKE. PLEASE SEE AN R.A. WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING BED ASSIGNMENTS.
6) NO SLEEPING ON THE SOFAS OR IN ANY OF THE COMMONS AREAS.
7) PLEASE KEEP YOUR TOWELS EITHER ON YOUR BED, HANGING OFF YOUR BED, OR LEAVE THEM IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET AT THE END OF THE HALL.
8) IF YOU WISH TO HAVE A FRIEND VISIT, PLEASE HAVE THEM IN THE COMMON AREAS ONLY, AND NOT IN THE GUEST ROOMS.
9) PLEASE LABEL YOUR FOOD WITH YOUR NAME AND YOUR CHECK-OUT DATE AND STORE IT IN THE KITCHEN. ALL FOOD ITEMS WITHOUT A NAME AND/OR DATE MAY BE DISCARDED. ALL FOOD IS TO BE EATEN IN THE KITCHEN OR LIVING ROOM. PLEASE DO NOT STORE OR EAT FOOD IN GUEST ROOMS SO AS TO NOT DRAW BUGS.
10) NO ILLEGAL DRUGS ON THE PROPERTY. NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10 PM AND 10 AM.11) QUIET HOURS ARE FROM 10 PM TO 10 AM EACH DAY — Please no drinking or excessive noise during this time so as not to disturb other guests.
12) CHECKOUT IS BY 11 AM. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE IN OUR LUGGAGE STORAGE AREA WHILE YOU SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY IN THE CITY, BUT IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT TODAY, YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR BED BY 11 AM AND STRIP YOUR BED OF THE DUVET COVER, PILLOW CASE, FITTED SHEET, AND TOWEL AND PLACE THEM IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET AT THE END OF THE HALL SO ROOMS CAN BE CLEANED AND BEDS CAN BE RE-MADE IN A TIMELY FASHION FOR THE NEXT ARRIVING GUESTS.
13) Guests may only eat or drink what they bring into the hostel — If you take something from another guest or staff member, your card may be charged to replace what was taken
14) Items turned in to Lost and Found will be discarded every seven days. If you think you’ve lost something, please contact us within this time frame.
IF YOU FAIL TO ABIDE BY THE RULES YOU ARE AGREEING TO, OR IF YOU CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY OR DISTURB OTHER GUESTS OR STAFF MEMBERS/MANAGERS, YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY OR YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE MAY BE CHARGED ACCORDINGLY.
If your bed sheets, linens, and towels are not returned, your credit card on file will be charged for any missing items.No one under the age of 18 allowed without prior written approval of Property Manager.
Any disturbances caused by a guest to other guests, staff, or the property itself may result in the guest being asked to leave the property.
Each guest is required to clean up after themselves and keeping tidy, including but not limited to their bedding, clothing and personal belongings in the bedroom and common areas, keeping clean of dishes and utensils that the guest uses, and anything else that is left in any common area.
All common areas are secured with CCTV digital recording cameras. By checking in to the property, you acknowledge that recording is in progress.
While every attempt is made to provide a safe and secure housing solution, City House Hostels and its subsidiaries, its management, staff, and associates take no responsibility for any personal belongings; the guest is responsible for the security of all their personal belongings.
Guest understands that City House Hostels and its subsidiaries, its staff and management are not responsible in any way for any injuries caused while guest is on the property. Guest assumes all risk and any subsequent responsibility to their well being while at City House Hostels and its subsidiaries. Furthermore, by agreeing to the Terms & Conditions Guest agrees to waive all perceived or actual responsibility against City House Hostels and its subsidiaries its staff, and management for any injuries occurred while at City House Hostels and its subsidiaries.
If you wish to cancel all or part of your reservation for any reason, please contact us at least 3 days in advance of your check in date. Otherwise the first night of your reservation will be charged in accordance with the booking channels policy and the stated policy of City House Hostels; as is stated in the Terms of Service you agreed to upon your booking.
SPECIAL EVENTS POLICY — If you are unsure – please ask!All reservations will be pre-charged in full up to 60 days prior to arrival.
Any cancellations within the 60 days prior to arrival will be charged the total price of the reservation.
If you need to update your credit card information, please contact us and we will make secure arrangements.
If your credit card is declined, you will have 24 hours to update us with valid credit card information.
Any reservation that is unable to be confirmed with full payment will be cancelled after the 24 hour grace period. These reservations are NON-REFUNDABLE!
Special Events include, but are not limited to:
All festivals in New Orleans ( ex: Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Voodoo Fest )
Sporting events being hosted in the city
Entertainment events being hosted in the city
Major holidays ( ex: New Years, Fourth of July )Mardi Gras
Bayou Country Superfest / Memorial Day Weekend
Southern Decadence / Labor Day Weekend
Voodoo Fest / Halloween
All “fests” or “festivals”
All music or music related events