Nature and the Rio Dulce along with a cooling on shore breeze contribute ease and relaxation to the special ambiance of Tortugal. Early morning sunrise is enjoyed with free serve yourself coffee or tea in the restaurant . Upriver from the busy town of Fronteras Rio Dlce, Tortugal provides the best natural place to swim in the river. The conveniently placed floating platform is a sunbathers delight and a great place to observe river life as it passes by. One can follow an elevated walkway through mangle and a gravel road through a hardwood and cacao plantation. A right turn leads to the village of Fronteras; Left to Castillo San Felipe. Borrow one of our kayaks and visit Castillo San Felipe in the early morning (only),
There is no car access into Tortugal, but Tortugal guests park for free at Dona Aracely's (make a quick turn down to the gravel road that goes under the Bridge on the El Relleno side of the Bridge and follow it to the red oxidized metal gate. Be sure to tell the attendant you are a guest of Tortugal. Then call us when you are ready and at the dock.
Arriving by bus? Walk (or take a tuk tuk)down the small street that goes from Litegua to the river and municipal dock. Call 5306 6432 or 7742 8847 when at the dock and ready to be picked up in our free water taxi.
Sorry, River conditions do not allow for pick up after 9 pm so plan to arrive early and relax, enjoy a nice homemade meal with us!
Dirección 1: on the Shore of the Rio Dulce between Castillo San Felipe and the Bridge , Department of Izabal
Ciudad: Rio Dulce - Izabal
Código Postal: Coordinates 15º 38.988´ N 90.0 00000
Contact Name: Daphne
Teléfono: 502 5306 6432 or 7742 8847
- Swimming in the river
- Floating lounge Platform in the River
- Lounging and Sunning Areas
- Trail to Walk to Town or Castillo San Felipe
- Dog to pet
- Wi-Fi in the Restaurant
- Free Kayaks
Políticas de Llegada / Salida
Esta propiedad tiene las siguientes tiempos y políticas de check-in / check-out.
Llegada: 03:00 PM
Salida: 12:00 PM
Políticas de Cancelación:
Términos y Condiciones
- prices quoted are best available.
- 22% tax will be added.
- payment in full is due at check out in cash or by credit/debit card.
- additional charges apply for children or extra persons.
- stated room occupancy cannot be exceeded.
- elevations at Tortugal vary from river elevation to 15 feet.
- walkways and handrails are not secure for persons with mobility issues or children.
- Tortugal is constructed of native materials and absolutely no cooking or smoking is allowed in the rooms.
- do not bring your own food into Tortugal
- no charge for use of the kayak but take care of it! Be sure to tie up both ends so the points will not be damaged!
- do not go out in the middle of the river, stick close to shore.
- kayak only in the early mornings as winds come up and the kayak could be swamped.
- leaving Tortugal is simple as taking our water taxi (extra charge if not during service times)or by walking out using our trails.
- free water taxi service to Fronteras is available in front of the restaurant at approximately 6:45 am, 2pm, 3 pm, 5 pm and 9 pm
- wait in the restaurant where you can see the boat. When you see the driver approaching the boat let him know you would like a ride.
- Parking is available at Super 24. Exit just before the Bridge on the El Relleno (East)side and follow the gravel road to the Super 24 gate. Let the attendant know you are a guest of Tortugal. Call us from the Super 24 dock. 5306 6432 or 7742 8847
- If travelling by bus, in Fronteras, Rio Dulce (the West side of the Bridge)follow the small road( that leads to the river and the municipal dock) just to the left (as you face the Litegua bus station) and call us from there. 5306 6432 or 7742 8847