Bushpig is located on Acacia Avenue in central Kampala, near the city centre and very close to some of the city's best eating, drinking and shopping. We offer accommodation options to fit all budgets and group sizes, from comfortable dormitories with big beds, to large en-suite double rooms with a great view of the city skyline. We also cater for long-stay guests, interns and volunteers. All rooms have linen and mosquito nets, the showers are hot, the rooms are big, the staff know the city inside out and there's even a garden and a fire pit.
Property Name: Bushpig Backpackers Ltd
Address 1: Plot 31 Acacia Avenue
Address 2 : Kololo
City : Kampala - Kampala
Postal Code : 74994
Contact Name: Reception Manager
Phone: +256 772285234
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
No Charge - If canceled within 1 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
The Legal Bit! By staying with us you agree to the following rules:
- Check-in is from 3PM. We're flexible, but the housekeeping staff need time to clean the rooms!
- Guests must fill out a check-in form and must present a valid government-issued ID.
- You may pay for your stay at any point during your stay, up until check-out. You can pay in UGX or USD, and we accept Visa and Mastercard in both currencies. All dollar bills must be 2006 or later, unmarked and not torn. We accept small bills at the same rate as big
- You are responsible for your key, and we may charge a $10 replacement fee for lost or broken keys.
- If you need to change your booking during your stay please notify us before checkout time (10am) or you may be liable to pay for the night.
- Secure parking is available on-site and is free for guests, but spaces are limited. Please let us know if you're bringing a car and we will book you a space.
- While children are allowed to stay at the hostel, we must remind all guests that this is an adult-oriented business.
- We are not a very accessible hostel for wheelchairs and other disability aids. This is down to the design of the building, which was built with no consideration of this. However our staff will do their best to be helpful to all guests at all times, and generally it works well.
- If you are staying more than a week, you must clear your outstanding accommodation balance on the Monday of each new week.
- If you are staying more than a month, you must pay each month's accommodation in advance before the 5th of each month.
- Guests who incur more than $1,000 in accommodation fees must deposit their passport with reception as collateral.
- We do not charge deposits on bookings, and we do not charge cancellation fees unless previously agreed. However we are a small business and we cannot afford regular cancellations from clients using us to secure visas. Thus we reserve the right to flag any booking we regard as having a fraudulent basis to the relevant authorities.
- We hate making rules like these, but we've had a run of bad clients and we're only just surviving at the moment. Sorry.
- Guests are advised to lock the door of their room when going out/going to bed. There are no lockers in the dormitories at present, but valuable belongings can be stored in the safe at the reception. The Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss or damage to any guest's belongings or any other property from either rooms or any other part of the Hostel for any cause whatsoever including theft.
- In shared rooms guests may only use one set of bedding per person. You can ask for extra blankets or linens at the reception free of charge. During longer stays we change the beds regularly.
- You can rent a towel for UGX 4,000 ($1.00) at the reception.
- Reception shift-change takes place between 8AM and 8.15AM, and again between 5PM and 5.15PM - we kindly ask you to be patient during this period.
- This is not a party hostel- we wish we had more space for people to make noise but we don't! Please keep voices and other noises down after 11pm. If you want to stay up late, we recommend setting up in the garden (ask at the reception for chairs) or the reception can advise on places to go to so that the fun may go on – elsewhere, without causing inconvenience to others.
- There is STRICTLY NO SMOKING in any of the hostel rooms, without exception. Please use the balconies, verandahs, terraces, garden, bar or parking lot, and be conscious that on the whole Uganda is not very smoker-friendly, so please be mindful of your surroundings and try not to annoy people.
- Don’t leave your room in chaos at check-out. The rooms are monitored and if we find damage or unnecessary mess, we may be obliged to charge an addition fee for cleaning or repair. The guest will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hostel property caused by themselves, their guests or any person for whom they are responsible.
- It is agreed that the guest will conduct him/herself in a respectable manner and will not cause any nuisance or annoyance within the hostel premise.
- Check out time is 10 AM.
- Extensions may be granted depending on availability.
- Subject to availability of storage space, guests may store luggage in the luggage room. We do not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged luggage.
- To cancel your booking, either contact the Booking Centre the booking was made with or contact the destination hostel directly, quoting your booking reference number.
- Cancellations can be made at any time prior to arrival. If you are able to cancel at least 24 hours before arrival, you will help to make a bed available to other travellers.
- Changes to bookings can only be made directly with your destination hostel(s).
- All changes are at the discretion of the hostel manager.
- The management reserves the right of admission.
- On failure of the guest to vacate any room after check-out time, the management shall have the right to remove the guest and/or his/her belongings from the room occupied by the guest.
- The Management has the right to request any Guest to vacate his/her room or other areas of the Hostel forthwith without previous notice and with no refund or compensation in case of any breach of property rules or policies.