Not suitable for under the age of 18s. We can, under certain conditions, accept families with children 13 and over but prior contact must be made before bookings are made. Private rooms are mandatory in these instances.
No children under the age of 13 (as stated on all our booking platforms)
If you have an UNDER 18 you must contact us IMMEDIATELY if you have not done so prior as requested. There are very specific rules we must follow including a private room being essential as under 18s CANNOT under ANY circumstances stay in a dorm room.
- NO PETS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- Reception is open between 07:30-11:00 and again between 17:00 and 23:00.
- If you are making a booking of 5 or more people, please contact us directly before booking.
- Stag or Hen parties are not permitted
- Sadly we cannot accept American Express payments
- The latest check in is 23:00 when reception closes, after this there is a £5 late fee per hour per person in the booking starting from exactly 23:00.
- If you think you may be later than 23:00 please contact us IMMEDIATELY
- No eating or drinking in the rooms
- There is a designated smoking area
- The front door and fire escape door get locked every night at 23:00 for safety.
- It gets very dark at night and hard to see the road, we do not want anyone to run out into it accidentally. so please be careful.
- The kitchen and lounge are 24/7 (all day)
- CHECK OUT is at 10:30 am. We just ask that you remove your duvet (comforter) from the bed and place it on the floor so we know that bed needs changing
- Reception closes at 23:00 and re-opens at 7:30 am for breakfast.
- We serve breakfast for £3.50 every morning from 7:30-10:30 am. There is no reservation for it, just pay beforehand
- If you need a towel we rent them out for £1.00 per towel. Just ask me at reception for one.
- We also do laundry service for £5.00 we wash and dry it for you.
- Important note, our alcohol licence runs out at 11:00 pm so we can only serve you beers up until this point.
- If you are the last to leave the lounges/kitchen please switch off all lights.
Perched on the banks of legendary Loch Ness, The Lochside Hostel offers unrivalled views of Scotland’s most famous loch, and direct access to the water's edge! Perfect for walks, monster spotting and even a dip into the magical waters.
As well as our unique location, and lovely facilities we are so easy to get to! All busses from Inverness, Skye and Fort William stop at our door (hop onto the 919 or 917). If you travel by car we make a great base to explore most of the Highlands from Skye to Ullapool to Ben Nevis to Inverness to Aviemore and the rest.
Great for hikers and Cyclists – we are on the Great Glen Way !
Canoeists – a jaw-dropping expanse of water at your doorstep!
However you travel, you are assured of a great welcome at our delightful hostel.
Lochside is a pick up point for MacBackpackers Tours. If you'd like to book onto a tour or find out more info then chat to our receptionist when you arrive at the hostel.
Our location means that you could come prepared with food to cook [in our extensive self-catering kitchen], though we also sell some food to cook at reception, we also sell beer and wine! And snacks. Breakfast is available from £3,50, and free tea and coffee all day.
Property Name: Lochside Hostel
Street Address: Altsigh, Glenmoriston, Inverness
City : Loch Ness
Postal Code : IV63 7YD
Phone: +441320 351274
- Non-smoking rooms
- Table tennis / Ping pong
- Tour Assistance
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 5:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:30 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
Our usual minimum age is 18 years old, and this is a strict rule for an shared dormitory rooms. Please contact the hostel if you would like to enquire about private bookings including guests under the age of 18 years old. We are backpackers accommodation designed to help solo travellers and small groups meet one another. We therefore do not accept family bookings with young teenagers, children, and accompanying adults.
Our self catering kitchen is fully open and we provide everything needed to prepare your own food. Supplies to make a basic meal are available to purchase from reception as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
Reservations are subject to cancellation at any point due to Force Majeure, refunds will be issued where appropriate.
FOR BOOKINGS FOR MORE THAN 6 PEOPLE YOU MUST CONTACT THE HOSTEL DIRECTLY BEFORE YOU MAKE A BOOKING. Be aware that if you book for more than 6 people without our manager's approval your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. This includes guests making separate/individual reservations for 6 people or more.