A historic bicentennial greystone built in 1804. Located streamside at the base of the South Mountains, Mountain Creek Tavern provides a perfect place to find rest in Mount Holly Springs, PA. Situated just two miles from the Appalachian Trail, hikers and fly fishers alike return to this area to explore the trails and waterways. An area also rich in history, many visitors follow the trail of the Civil War from Gettysburg to Carlisle along this route and return to the Moutain Creek Tavern as a quaint destination to stay along the way. Formerly known as The Holly Inn, Terry and Kathi Rickert purchased the establishment in 2019 and have been working on renovating the hotel, restaurant, bar and banquet rooms to create a dining and entertainment setting that will enhance the charming experience so many have enjoyed for years.
Property Name: Mountain Creek Tavern
Street Address: 31 S Baltimore Ave
City : Mt Holly Springs - Pennsylvania
Postal Code : 17065
- Accessible Parking
- Air conditioning
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Guest parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Property has wheelchair access
- Smoke alarms
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Late Check-out Hour: 2:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $20.00
Late check-out (after 11:00 AM and before 2:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Partial Charge - First Night Stay - If canceled within 1 days of arrival
No Charge - If canceled within 2 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
Your reservation is guaranteed until the day ofarrival. After that time, it will no longer be guaranteed, and the room may bereassigned. We will charge your credit card the first day that you check in foryour stay. All reservations are required to have a major credit card on file toconfirm the reservation. We will send you a cancellation confirmation viaemail immediately after cancelling your booking.
Prices and Taxes
The standard booking price includes thefollowing:
- The room rate for the accommodation you have requested without taxes (taxes are 6% PA State tax and 3% Local/Hotel tax = 9%), these taxes will be in addition to the room rate that you are quoted
- Utilities (water, gas and electricity)
- Internet and Cable TV usage
- Towels, bed linen and hairdryer (unless damaged, you will then incur a charge to replace the specific item damaged)
- Cleaning before and after your stay (once per week for our weekly accommodations)
- All amenities and facilities as mentioned on our website pages and in our correspondence
-We are an unmanned hotel. This means thatwe have housekeeping and management that will intermittently beon site, however they do not have regular hours that they are scheduled to beon premise. Please call our main number if you have any questions orconcerns, 717-486-3823, and one of our staff can help address your issue.
-Our check-in time is 3:00 pm EST. Please callour main number to check-in and make sure your payment details are arranged.Most of our check-ins are done contactless and we will provide your room numberand stay details via phone.
-Our check-out time is 11:00 am EST. You canleave your key in your room and lock the door and pull it shut. If you have anyquestions about your billing or need an invoice to be emailed, please call ourmain number and we can accommodate your request.
Non-Smoking, Damages and Pet Policy
Our entire hotel and rooms are non-smoking. Bymaking a reservation you agree to paying a fine of $250.00 if ANYevidence of smoking is found in the room or in any of the building areas,other than outside on the deck areas. We do not allow pets in any of our hotelrooms. Please Note: Immediate termination of therental agreement is possible if:
- More guests stay in the property than agreed
- Excessive noise is made in the evening hours or at night
- Sub-letting the property you have rented (or giving it to other people). The number of people residing in the room should be the same as confirmed in the booking. Accommodation for additional guests may be requested
A $35.00 charge for each additional adult (after 2 adults per room) per night will be charged. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation, without refund, if an unconfirmed number of people stay overnight in the room.
- Mountain Creek Tavern does not allow any pets in the room. A $250.00 fine will be claimed if we have evidence that pets have been in the room.
- Rooms are located at 31 S. Baltimore Ave. Mount Holly Springs, PA 17065. All our guests are asked to respect the property and privacy of the neighbors and to not make any excessive noise between the hours of 9:00 pm - 7:00 am. This rule is applied as per the Borough of Mount Holly Springs, PA: General Legislation 366-2 Definitions. Any late and loud partying is not permitted.
- Mountain Creek Tavern is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal things on the hotel’s premises.
The room and all equipment and furniture shouldbe treated with care and kept in order. Immediate notification to MountainCreek Tavern staff will be expected of any damages or breakages in theroom. You (The Tenant) are financially responsible for any damage to the room.This includes losses caused by you (The Tenant) or a third-party’s negligentactions and behavior. A summary check will be made of the roomat check-out time. However, a more detailed review of the condition of theroom and all equipment and facilities will be made soon after check-out andbefore another guest occupies the room. The Tenant is responsible for anydamages or breakages found that are over and above normal wear and tear andusage. In this case, a detailed statement of damage along with an invoice forthe repair or replacement cost will be sent by email immediately. Anycosts will be deducted from the deposit immediately if this is stillpossible or charged to your credit card. Please note,immediate notification after check-out of any damages to, breakages in orissues with the room is expected from all guests.
Room Cleaning Policy
Rooms will not be cleaned during your stay,unless you are a weekly rental. You can request extra towels by calling ourmain number 717-486-3823. Weekly rentals will have a scheduled day that ourhousekeeping will come in and do light cleaning and inspect your room fordamages every week. A member of our housekeeping team will set this up with youshortly after your arrival. If there are damages to the room or cleaning thatexceeds what we deem "normal" cleaning, a deep cleaning fee of $250will be charged to your credit card.
Guest Safety Policy
As part of our commitment to guest safety,employees will not disclose the identity, room number or presence of a guest toanyone other than appropriate law enforcement. This includes the taking of ordelivery of messages or indirect forwarding of phone calls. It is theresponsibility of guests to communicate their presence and room number to anyperson they wish to receive calls or visits from. Safety camerasare used throughout the premises, and anyone on our property may be recorded.The hotel assumes no responsibility for any personal bodily injury incurredwhile on the property of The Mountain Creek Tavern.