Welcome to Villas Mayaluum, the ideal place in Cozumel to give you privacy, comfort and a stunning sunset views.
Villas Mayaluum are fully furnished two or three bedroom condos, where you can rest and replenish after a day full of wonderful activities. Our common areas include an amazing swimming pool, a kiosk with bathroom and a barbeque/entertainment area and a beautiful garden. Our facilities are perfect for either vacation rental or long term stay.
We are a family managed propety and we'll be delighted to provide any information about Cozumel island or help you with any special request.
The following Policies, Rental Terms and Conditions apply to your vacation rental. Please read these terms carefully; you agree to be bound by these terms when you place a reservation through our website.
"You" refers to the individual placing the reservation. “Your” refers to all members of your party. “Principal Guest” refers to the individual placing the reservation. "We" and "Us" mean the Owners of Villas Mayaluum.
What Happens When You Make a Reservation
All bookings are made and accepted subject to the terms set out in these conditions. When You make a reservation, we will email your Reservation Confirmation.
A confirmed reservation indicates your agreement to abide by the policies, terms and conditions as set forth herein:
1. Age: You, the Principal Guest, must be 18 or over in order to make a Reservation. The Principal Guest must be present during the entire stay and is completely, solely, and unequivocally responsible for his/her personal actions as well as the actions, both financially and physically, of other guest occupants during the dates of stay. The Principal Guest agrees not to sublet share or assign the property to any unauthorized persons. Villas Mayaluum must be notified of any changes to the original booking.
2. Number of guests permitted in the apartment: Each apartment has a maximum occupancy and indicated on each unit’s description, which cannot be exceeded. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, there is an extra charge.
3. Maintenance: We have no control over the scheduling of pool or closures or other items relating directly to the building itself, but we will do our best to keep you informed of issues which may affect your stay. We cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience due to maintenance or construction in or around the apartment. No refunds or relocations will be given due to construction or maintenance issues.
4. Minimum stay periods: There is a 2 night minimum on all nightly rental properties. There may be a long term rate for minimum period stay of 6 months. Please check with our reservation department for details and special requests. These terms are subject to change without advance notice.
5. Rental rates: All rates are in Mexican pesos (MXN). The rate for each rental is set to be fair to all concerned. Once a booking is confirmed in writing by us, the rental rate is fixed and will not alter. If you later change your reservation, your new confirmed rate will be the rate in effect at the time of the change.
6. Accidental damage repair program: Even when on vacation, accidents can and do happen. Accidental damage MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO CHECK-OUT. Accidental damage IS the responsibility of the Principal Guest.
The Principal Guest is responsible if damage occurs due to the following, which are not viewed as accidental:
1) intentional, willful, reckless, or malicious acts of the Principal Guest or others on the premises during the tenancy 2) damage by pets 3) removal of Owner's property from premises without specific permission from Owner or Owner's Property Manager 4) gross negligence of Principal Guest or his party, or intentional misuse of furnishings, appliances, equipment, or other amenities provided with the home 5) damage caused while under the influence of alcohol or drugs 6) damages to real property resulting from operation of any motorized vehicle by a Principal Guest.
7. Rental period: You agree that the rental period will begin and end on the dates shown on your reservation email. At the end of your stay, you agree to leave the apartment by the 12:00 pm check-out time to allow time for our housekeeping service to make the property ready for our next guests, unless an extension has been granted by our Manager. If you have a late departure flight, we recommended reserving the apartment for an additional night so you will have the use of your accommodation all day and depart at leisure.
Check-In is 3:00 pm on the day of your arrival (except SAME DAY bookings which have a guaranteed check-in of 5pm).
Check-Out is 12:00 pm on the day of your departure. You may request a later check-out, but since another guest may arrive the same day you are departing, late check-out cannot be guaranteed unless you reserve the unit an additional day. If you have a late departure flight, we recommended reserving the apartment for an additional night so you will have the use of your accommodation all day and depart at leisure.
Changing dates: If you need to change dates, we will do our best to help make the requested change, subject to availability.
8. Right to enter: If necessary, our staff may enter the property in order to inspect or make necessary or requested repairs. Villas Mayaluum will give Guest at least 3 hours minimum notice before entering the property, and will only enter during reasonable hours except in the case of emergency.
9. Private property: Guest acknowledges that the accommodation is a privately owned apartment as opposed to a hotel. As such, hotel-like amenities such as daily cleaning (can be requested with extra charge) and bell service are not provided.
10. Flight information: Because one of our property managers will personally check you in, we ask that you provide your flight details (airline, flight numbers, and arrival and departure times) in case of flight delay. Before you proceed to the apartment from the airport, you will need to call the property manager to arrange a meeting time. The property manager will only go to the unit after he hears from you, so be sure you have the number to call.
11. What's included? Your island “home away from home” includes bed linens, bath, beach & kitchen towels, dishes, silverware, cookware, beach beds, coffee maker, dish soap, toilet paper, and basic cleaning supplies. Additional sundry and food items are available at local markets and grocery stores, for example, Soriana Mega, at Rafael Melgar corner with 11th avenue, or Chedraui at Rafael Melgar corner with Xel-ha.
We do not provide beach umbrellas, beach toys, aluminum foil, zip-Lock baggies, coffee, condiments, seasonings, cooking oil, fabric softener, and bleach.
12. No smoking: All the property is designated "No Smoking" which includes inside the apartment and/or on the balcony and common areas. There will be a cost due to damages by tar, ashes, or burns.
13. Neighborly conduct: Your vacation rental is a privately owned property which has neighbors. Please ensure that you act in a neighborly and courteous manner towards your neighbors, who will most likely not be on holiday. Please respect their space, and keep noise to a minimum before 8:00 am and after 10:00 pm. We ask that you treat the property, furniture, fittings, utensils and other facilities with all due care and respect. Please be aware that you are responsible for any damage caused during your stay in our vacation home.
14. Advising of damage or loss: Please let your Property Manager know right away if anything breaks, is damaged or needs maintenance so that repair or replacement can be done as quickly as possible, for your continued enjoyment.
15. Force majeure: If the island closes due to "force majeure" conditions, we can change your booking dates. If there aren't any apartments available for the new dates, you will be refunded. In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, but are not limited to natural disaster (hurricane, fire, flood), technical problems with transportation, closures of ports, ferries or airports, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, or any other event beyond our control.
16. Personal injury and lost or stolen property: You understand that we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any physical accident, injury or illness sustained during your rental period, regardless of how it may occur. You are liable for lost or stolen personal property of yours from the property during the rental period. In the event that you have any property lost or stolen, please notify the police immediately by dialing 911, and then please call and advise us of the situation to help you any way we can.
17. Pool safety: All use of the swimming pool and surrounding area is solely at your own risk. We request that you accompany and supervise children at all times, being extra cautious in and around the pool area. Use of glass inside the pool is forbidden.
18. Equipment failure: In the event of equipment failure, please notify us immediately so that we may remedy the problem.
19. Service animals: A service animal is a dog that has been, or is being, individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Service Animals are permitted in public facilities and accommodations such as vacation rentals.
With regards to Service Animals, guests must agree to the following:
1. Animal is current with vaccinations and Health Certificates.
2. Animal meets sanitary standards.
3. All solid and liquid animal waste will be removed promptly and area cleaned accordingly.
4. Animal will be well-behaved and under full control of the owner at all times; animal will not be disruptive, growling, biting, or a threat in any way.
5. Guest agrees to be is responsible for flea prevention and extermination and also for any damages caused by the animal (i.e. professional carpet cleaning, deodorizing, furniture damage, etc.).
6. Animal is not allowed inside the pool.
All Service Animal reservations must have prior written approval from the apartment building before the reservation is accepted.
20. Insect and pest issues: Cozumel is a tropical climate in which insects and lizards are common. Even though all apartments receive regular pest treatment, you may still encounter these pests during your stay. Residue from these treatments may leave some dead insects in the properties. This is not a sign of infestation, but shows the treatment is working. An encounter with a pest inside or outside of your rental is neither reason for termination of your rental agreement nor grounds for refund of all or any part of your money.
21. If you have any concerns: If you are unhappy or unsure of any aspect of your booking, please contact us before you travel so we can ensure you are completely satisfied with your arrangements. During your stay, please call us as soon as anything arises that needs our attention, and give us the opportunity to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
22. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: Placing your Reservation Request with us means you agree to accept these Rental Policies, Terms, and Conditions.