Rebel Rebel Hostel is Groningen’s first container hostel. A unique, sustainable and generally just great hostel at a site which used to house a sugar factory. A stay with us offers a range of facilities such as yoga, bike/hike/boat trips, BBQ nights, beer-tasting events, games nights and campfires.
Rebel Rebel is a place which will feel like a home from home, with its cosy communal living room and bar where you’ll meet new hostel friends. You can cook your own meal in our shared kitchen using herbs you can pick from our own vegetable garden. In short, Rebel Rebel is a new and unique hostel experience in Groningen.
Additionally the former sugar factory site, where Rebel Rebel is located, is a developing site with many projects, events and festivals on the way. You can enjoy a meal at the 'Wolkenfabriek' ('Clouds Factory') and if you're in town to party at Paradigm or Em2, your Rebel bed is just a stone's throw away. And we can give you more tips about events and things to do in the great city of Groningen.
Big group or plans? Give us a call to discuss possibilities (+31 6 83695965)
monday: 8:00 - 22:00
tuesday: 8:00 - 22:00
wednesday: 8:00 - 22:00
thursday: 8:00 - 22:00
friday: 8:00 - 23:00
saturday: 9:00 - 23:00
sunday: 9:00 - 22:00
Rebel Rebel Hostel has uniquely themed rooms. Each one is different so take your pick! Please note that the bathroom is not adjacent to any of the rooms.
The jungle room is a mixed 10 bed dorm. If you're into plants you'll feel right at home. Besides a comfortable bed you can use a locker for the safekeeping of your belongings.
Our lazy stardust is a 5 bed female dorm. If you don't like boys and you do like pink, book a bunkbed made of old pallets. (This room can also be booked for a group of 5 of course). Besides a comfortable bed you can use a locker for the safekeeping of your belongings.
The Queens room is our fabulous private room so if you would like a little more privacy you can spend the night between our kitch figurines and decorations.
Our dorms are detached containers. The same goes for our bathroom we call Waterloo Sunset because of the great view. So, since you have to leave your room to get to the showers or toilets, we advise bringing something like slippers and a bathrobe. Our Waterloo Sunset is sustainable. This means we flush the toilets with the water we’ve collected from the showers.
Property Name: Rebel Rebel Hostel
Address 1: Suikerlaan 21
City : Groningen - Groningen
Postal Code : 9743DA
Contact Name: Anna & Anika
Phone : +31683695965
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laundry service
- Linen Included
- Free Internet
- Free Breakfast
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryer
- Towels for Hire
- Bicycle Hire
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
For group bookings larger than 10 people the following terms and conditions are applicable.
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation Policy: You can cancel your booking with us cost free up to 48 hours before arrival. If you fail to cancel 48 hours in advance you'll pay for your first night.
Hi there, Rebel guest. Please take a few minutes to read these house rules, because we expect you to stick to them!
- under 16? No bed for you. Under 18? No alcohol
- Pets are only allowed on our terrace outside, not inside any of the rooms
- You can check in between 14.00 and 22.00 at the bar. Check out between 08.00 and 11.00 (on weekends between 9:00 - 11:00)
- Don’t forget to bring a €20,00 deposit (cash) for keys
- Breakfast is served between 08.00 - 11.00 & between in 9:00 - 11:00 on saturday and sunday
- When you leave please, strip the sheets and leave them in a little pile on the bed.
- When you frst enter the dorm, check to see where the emergency exit is and the fre extinguisher.
- If you do hear the fre alarm, leave the dorm and assemble at the meeting point.
-Ssssshht from 23.00 - 08.00. Think of your fellow hostel-guests and give them those 8 blissful hours of sleep if that’s what they want.
- Your bed is meant for you alone. So don’t move it, nor share it - You know what we mean!
- The use of (or dealing in) drugs is prohibited in the hostel. Also, leave your weapons at home.
- You can’t smoke inside, but outside it’s fne. If you do light up inside, the hellishly loud fre alarm will go oﬀ. If you’re the cause of this, you’ll have to apologize to everyone
- Don’t leave your valuables unattended. Rebel Rebel Hostel cannot be held responsible for damages, loss or theft. Tip: use the lockers provided in the dorms.
- improper use of fre extinguishers will result in a fne of at least €150,00.
- RESPECT each other and each other’s stuﬀ.
- Rebel Rebel Hostel cannot be held responsible for any physical injury or damages of any kind. So be careful when you choose the top bunk.
- If you’re staying with us, you can prepare your own meals in the kitchen and store your food in the refrigerator. Don’t forget to label it though! And of course, clean up after yourself - we’re not your mum!
- We like sustainability and recycling. It would be great if you could do your bit by separating your garbage and not waste water or electricity.
- Bonfires are an option but consult us first! Only until 23:00
- The beach is closed between 23:00 - 8:00. Enter at own risk