What we are?Bambuda Lodge is a waterfront eco-friendly hostel/lodge hybrid that combines chilled, sociable vibes with boutique hotel features. Hidden in unspoiled rainforests of Isla Solarte, you’re away from the crowd, but not too far away. It’s just a short boat ride back to Bocas Town, or to other islands.
About UsFriends and veteran backpackers Dan and Tom started Bambuda Lodge from scratch back in 2014, it all started with a vision to provide travelers with a unique hostel experience where comfort, style and a great atmosphere are combined to give travelers an unforgettable stay.
Bambuda Lodge is the only hostel in Bocas del Toro with a waterfront location, massive fresh water pool and 150 ft waterslide from the bar straight into the Caribbean ocean. Only 5 minutes from town, Bambuda Lodge offers the perfect blend of good vibrations and chilled out atmosphere. We have a coral reef for snorkeling and acres of lush jungle for exploring.
Our on-site bar and restaurant will keep the cold drinks flowing while you relax by the pool. Spend time in one of our many interesting hang out spots where you can enjoy the amazing view and the delicious food with friends.
What makes us Unique?
EXPERIENCE THE SUPER-CHILLED ATMOSPHEREHard to explain but easy to recognize, Bambuda has a special feel. A mystical vibe takes place somewhere between the lush scenery, great music, family-style dinners, the poolside stories and the amazing people. We’re very lucky to attract a great crowd here. Different ages, different nationalities, different stories, but always friendly, interesting and cool people you’ll want to get to know and create memories with.
WALK OUT THE HOSTEL, STRAIGHT INTO RAINFORESTIt’s not often you’ll stay somewhere with the sea right out front and the rainforest right out back. You can hike our endless jungle trails or grab a snorkel kit and explore our nearby reefs, kayak around bay or enjoy our beautiful sunsets from our wooden dock.Isla Solarte’s location is ideal for exploring the Bocas archipelago, our boat drivers are always available to show you around the best white sand beaches, secret islands, diving spots and much more. Ask our front desk for the best recommendations.
ENJOY AND KICKBACK IN OUR GORGEOUS SURROUNDINGSOur main common space is a stunning split level deck overlooking the sea, perfect for all-day lounging. Its poolside area blends into the bar/restaurant, all surrounded by hammocks, daybeds and cushions to sink into. After sunset, gather together for our famous three course family-style dinner, cooked by top local chefs using natural and locally sourced ingredients.
BAMBUDA LODGE IS 100% OFF-GRID AND SUSTAINABLY RUNAt Bambuda Lodge you’ll feel so comfortable you will forget you are in an eco-lodge. But as recognized by various green awards, Bambuda Lodge is 100% off-grid, our hostel runs on its very own solar energy, rainwater catchment and sustainable waste systems.We source everything responsibly – from the sustainably harvested building materials to the ingredients in your cocktails. So you can feel proud you’re helping Solarte stay beautiful.
Bambuda Lodge was designed to be enjoyed by everyone. From backpackers on a budget, to adventurous newlyweds on their honeymoon. That’s part of what makes our vibe so unique. As such, we offer a wide variety of rooms catering to all budgets. From shared dorm rooms rented by the bed, to our Jungle Cabin Suites and everything in between, our wide range of accommodations options has something for everyone. No matter what accommodation you chose, all of our guests have the same access to our fantastic facilities and renowned restaurant. Given the fact that we are an eco-lodge running entirely off the grid, we do not offer air conditioning in any of our rooms. We do, however, have hot water, high-efficiency fans to keep you cool, and the beautiful sounds of the jungle to lull you to sleep each night. There is WiFi access in every room (as well as all common spaces). All private rooms include towels and daily housekeeping service. Towels are available to rent for those staying in our shared accommodations.
Property Name: Bambuda Lodge
Address 1: Isla Solarte
City : Bocas del Toro
Phone: +507 6962 4644
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Swimming pool
- Family Style Dinners
- 50 Meter Bar-to-Ocean Water Slide
- Jungle Trail
- Giant Hammocks
- Off-the-Grid Experience
- Kayak & Paddleboard Rental
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Late Check-Out Hour: 1:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $ 20.00
Late check out (after 11:00 AM and before 1:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If cancelled within 3 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- We do not accept children under the age of 16
- All rooms are non-smoking. Any evidence found of smoking inside of guest rooms will be subject to a $250 cleaning fee
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas
- Pets are not permitted
- Rates do not include 10% tax
- All private rooms are 2-person occupancy only unless otherwise noted
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed
- Check-in time is at 3:00pm / Check-out time is at 11:00am
- Late check-outs can be arranged for an additional fee depending on availability
- The front desk is open daily from 8:00am - 9:00pm
- If you are planning to arrive after 9:00pm, please contact the property in advance using the contact info in your booking confirmation to arrange a late check-in
- Minimum age to check-in is 18
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges
- Bookings may be canceled or modified up to 72-hours prior to the date of check-in
- To make any modification or cancelation to your booking, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +507-6962-4644
- Any no-shows or cancelations made within 72-hours of your check-in date will be charged in full for the total amount of the reservation including all rooms nights and taxes
- According to our group policy, the property reserves the right to cancel any reservation made for 5 or more rooms, or for ten or more individuals.
- Individual reservations made under the same name, or with the same contact details, will be categorized as group reservations and subject to relevant policies.
- We reserve the right to pre-authorize your card for up to the first night's room fees & taxes
- Reservations made with the "TRANSIENT - AGENCIES RATE" are nonrefundable 14 days before checkin. The payment for the total of the stay plus tax must be paid by bank transfers or credit card.
- If the card used to make your booking is not valid or does not have sufficient funds we will contact you to update your card on file. If a valid card is not added within 24-hours of notification, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation.
- Payments may be made through the following methods:
- Bank Transfer
- All credit card payments are subject to a 3% fee
- All PayPal payments are subject to a 5% fee