The Valley House Hostel and Bar is located on Ireland's beautiful Wild Atlantic Way. Our historic Victorian house is set in scenic wooded grounds close to Blue Flag beaches, lakes and hills. We have a Woodland Faerie Trail and Shop (open June-September) and a beautiful lake stocked with trout on our grounds. The music sessions, conversation with locals and the flowing pints of creamy Guinness in our friendly Traditional Pub will keep you well entertained in the evenings! Our courtyard beer garden is a lovely place to sit out and enjoy the fresh air. Please note our Restaurant is open in the high season only, from June to September.
We have a mix of private and family rooms in the main house (with ensuite or private bathrooms adjacent) which are individually decorated in keeping with the historic nature of The Valley House. In addition, we have two large en-suite dormitory rooms in our Courtyard building that are ideal for groups of friends or family. Breakfast is served in our beautiful Victorian dining room and guests can relax in the Lounge by the cosy open fire. We have a hostel kitchen for the use of our guests and it has everything you need if you would like to self-cater meals during your stay.
Achill is a stunningly beautiful and special island that is connected to the mainland by a bridge - it's just 50 minutes drive from Westport and can be accessed by public transport.
Property Name: The Valley House Hostel & Bar
Street Address: The Valley
Apt, suite, floor etc. : Tonatanvally
City : Achill Island - Co. Mayo
Postal Code : F28 D8F7
Contact Name: Alice Gallagher
- Baggage storage
- Billiards / pool table
- Board games / puzzles
- Breakfast, Continental
- Breakfast, free
- Cashless payment accepted
- Common areas disinfected daily
- Designated smoking area
- Family rooms
- Fire extinguishers
- Guest accommodations disinfected between stays
- Guest parking
- Linens, towels, laundry washed per local authority guidelines
- Local safety protocols followed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Shared lounge / TV area
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
- Towels changed upon request
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancelation Policies :
- Your credit card may be charged for the full amount of the stay any time after the reservation is made.
- We will usually charge your card for the entire amount of the stay 3 days before arrival.
- If you need to cancel the booking, please do so no later than 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival. If less than 72 hours notice of cancellation is given, we reserve the right to charge your credit card for the full amount of the stay. This amount is non-refundable.
- In the event of a "no-show", you will be charged for the full amount of your reservation.
- If you arrive late, or check out prior to the reserved departure date, you will be charged for the entire stay.
- For non-refundable rate bookings the full amount will be charged at the time of booking. Non-refundable bookings will not be refunded if cancelled.
Terms and Conditions
-A valid Photo ID is required at check-in.
-Children 17 years and under must be accompanied by an adult and must be booked into family or private rooms only.
-Group bookings of 10 people or more: You must pre-pay for your reservation in full 30 days before arrival. In this case we will contact you directly with our group booking terms and conditions.