Cabot Shores is a wilderness resort offering unique lodgings like yurts, domes, cabins, lodge rooms with ameneties like Hot tub, Sauna, Kayak, Paddle Board, Canoe and much more on Cape Breton Island, near the Cabot Trail.
Property Name: Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort
Street Address: 30, Buchanan Drive
City : Englishtown - Nova Scotia
Postal Code : B0C1H0
Contact Name: Paul Weinberg
Phone: (902) 929-2584
- Accessible Parking
- Beach area (private)
- Board games / puzzles
- Books, DVDs, music for kids
- Breakfast Buffet
- Cashless payment accepted
- Designated smoking area
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Fireplace, outdoor
- Guest parking
- Honeymoon / bridal suite
- Hot Tub
- Pool / Beach towels
- Property has wheelchair access
- Shared kitchen
- Smoke alarms
- Walking Tours
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
Check-In And Check-Out:
For check-in (4-7pm): Please park in front of the lodge, go in from the main door. A staff person will be able to assist you to check in. We charge 50% deposit on booking and remaining balance on check-in day. If you arrive after 7pm, please locate your accommodation by using the map provided and settle in for the night. We look forward to meeting you in the morning!
For check-out (11am): Please check with front desk by 11am to let us know you're checking out. You are welcome to stay on the property as long as your luggage is removed from your accommodation.
Location Of Washrooms And Showers: If you are staying in a Yurt / Dome or campsite you will have access to outdoor toilets and you will have access to an assigned public bathroom with hot shower (shower, toilet, sink). This information will be shared with you at check-in. Our bathrooms are cleaned by staff at least once daily. Cleaning supplies are provided in each bathroom should you wish to sanitize prior to your use for an added measure of safety. Tiny House, Lodge Rooms, and Chalets have private bathrooms.
Meals: Our Bistro is Open all year round but need to make a reservation to dine-in or take out to your accommodation and you are also welcome to bring a camping stove and cook your own food on a picnic table. If you want to or already have meals in package, please reserve your table and time by going to Cabot Shores Bistro.
Firewood: We regret to inform you that Cabot Shores no longer sell firewood for outdoor campfires so please bring your own wood. We do supply wood for fireplace inside yurts and domes in winter or in cold weather.
- First, fill the bucket provided with water.
- Build fires only in designated fire pits.
- Keep fires to a moderate level.
- Extinguish fire at evening's end, or if it must be left unattended, by using your bucket of water.
- Observe fire bans when posted.
- Please smoke outdoors only or at designated area outside main lodge, putting all butts in the ashtray provided. There is a $200 room recovery fee for smoking inside any accommodation.
- Please note that smoking is not permitted inside Lodge or accommodations according to Canadian law. There are two designated smoking areas – please inquire at the front desk.
- Refrain from playing music on your devices outdoors.
- Refrain from playing music at high volume indoors.
- Live music is always welcome. Try our outdoor stage!
- Please honour Quiet Hours, 10pm-7:30am.
- Hot tubs Keep glass bottles and cups well away from hot tubs.
- Cabot Shores discourages alcohol consumption while in hot tubs.
- Please do not leave youth under 18 unattended in a hot tub.
- Please rinse off in shower before using hot tub.
- Do not unplug hot tubs or alter the heat setting. Ask for assistance.
- Please fasten lid when you finish, weighting with rocks.
- Observe quiet hours beginning at 10pm.
- Option 1 - $25 fee added: Our housekeepers sort your garbage and recycling.
- Option 2 - Free of charge: You take all of your garbage and recycling with you.
- Option 3 - Free of charge: You bring your garbage & recycling to the RIGHT side of the lodge and sort it into the 5 types of containers provided:
- Beer, pop cans, & alcohol bottles (no bag inside of container provided),
- Plastic and aluminum cans, glass jars (blue bag inside of container),
- Paper and cardboard (blue bag inside of container provided),
- Organics and food scraps (greenish bag inside of container provided), and
- Regular garbage (clear bag).
Cabot Shores has garbage-sorting stations below the Event Space deck (building with solar panels).
Pet-friendly: We are a dog-friendly establishment with a maximum of 2 dogs per accommodation unless special arrangements have been made. The fee is $15 plus tax per day, per dog.
- Keep pets on leash, even on walking trails.
- Keep pets off beds and furniture.
- Keep pets to main floor of chalets, never upstairs.
- Kennel pets when unattended.
- Pets should not be left unattended for extended periods.
- Pet must remain outside the Lodge's Bistro and Front Desk area.
- Pick up after your pet! If you need bags, ask Front Desk. Dispose of at garbage-sorting station.
- Pet owners are responsible for any damage caused by their pets. Fees of up to $200 can be charged for excessive shedding, pets on furniture or in bedding, or pets upstairs in chalets.
We have gardens that produce veggies for the bistro in the summer, an apple orchard that produce cider in the fall, and also chickens year-round that are a delight for many of our guests, especially children. There is also a rooster that makes the hens happy and protects them from predators. He likes to wake up early – our apologies if you are not an early riser, especially for guests staying in the lodge and cedar yurt.
Directions: We have three sets of directions for reaching Cabot Shores: one from Halifax and the west, another from Sydney, and a third from the north or around the Cabot Trail. These directions are outlined below.