Experience New Mexico at High Country Lodge. At an elevation of 7500 feet our lodge is the closet accommodations to Ski Apache. Consisting of 32 nostalgic cabins nestled in the piney woods of the Sierra Blanca Mountain Range, and only six minutes from the quaint Village of Ruidoso your peaceful retreat awaits. Each cabin will sleep six guests, with a fully functioning kitchen and wood burning fireplace, onsite game room and swimming pool. Within a short walking distance kids and grown-ups alike will enjoy the ultimate sledding adventures at neighboring Winter Park. Not a winter person? No problem! We are minutes away from championship golf courses, amazing hiking trails and fishing across the street at Alto Lake. You can take a quick drive to the amazing Monjeau Lookout located in the Smokey Bear Ranger District just up the mountain from High Country Lodge. This area provides hiking trails that will cater to any experience level. Prefer some indoor entertainment? Alto is also home to the renowned Spencer Theater, providing world class performances weekly and often booked as a breathtaking wedding venue. Let’s not forget the shopping! Whether it’s souvenirs, fine jewelry or the ultimate piece for your home The Village of Ruidoso provides an abundance of boutiques, shops, restaurants and wineries where you can find unique items and enjoy a wine tasting, some great food and a relaxing atmosphere. Too many adventures to list individually, but rest assured there is something for everyone in and around the Village and our staff is available for inquiries you may have about High Country Lodge or the many things to do while visiting us. We look forward to welcoming you and helping you make lasting memories as you experience New Mexico at High Country Lodge.
Property Name: High Country Lodge
Address 1: 859 HWY 48
City : Alto - New Mexico
Postal Code : 88312
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- Swimming pool
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Late Check-Out Hour: 2:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: 20%
Late check out (after 11:00 AM and before 2:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM High Country Lodge Cancellation Policy: Full Charge - one night room and tax -If cancelled 48 hours prior to the 3 PM check in time.
During holidays the cancellation policy is extended to 7 days (168 hours) prior to check in.
TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY LODGING/LICENSE AGREEMENT:
The Licensee (“you”), agree to the following:
1. LODGING AGREEMENT: You hereby agree to license from C-R Lodging LLC -("High Country Lodge") the Cabin(s), located in Alto, NM, for use solely as a private transient occupancy vacation residence and for no other purpose (“Occupancy”). You acknowledge and agree that your occupancy is as a Transient Lodger of the Cabin(s) and not as a tenant under the New Mexico Uniform Owner-Resident Relations Act, and that New Mexico Civil Code Sections47-8 et seq shall not be applicable to Licensee since your occupancy is transient and therefore you agree there is no desire or manifested intent to make the dwelling unit a residence or household, even if the Total Occupancy Rate is paid on a weekly basis. This Agreement is subject to termination by C-R Lodging LLC - ("High Country Lodge")without recourse to eviction proceedings under New Mexico State law.
2. PAYMENT POLICY: You are responsible for full payment of the Total Occupancy Rate for the entire license period, plus applicable taxes as imposed by the State of New Mexico and local county and city laws. One hundred percent(100%) of the Total Occupancy Rate is payable to High Country Lodge in order to book and hold the Cabin(s) (Daily Rate * number of days in license period plus tax and other fees) (“Booking Deposit”). The Cabin(s) will not be reserved until the 100% Booking Deposit has been received by High Country Lodge.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF CABINS: You agree to accept the Cabin(s) upon arrival, provided the Cabin(s) substantially meets the basic description as described on our website.
4. REPORTING DAMAGE TO HIGH COUNTRY LODGE: You agree to keep the Cabin(s) in good condition, and upon your departure, the Cabin(s) will be left in good and habitable condition. Any damage to furnishings, fixtures, or furniture or other notable conditions found upon arrival will be reported to High Country Lodge within two (2) hours of Occupancy.
5. RESERVATION CONFIRMATION: Reservation of the Cabin(s) is not confirmed until the 100% Booking Deposit is received by High Country Lodge and High Country Lodge accepts the reservation, which acceptance shall be in High Country Lodge’s sole and absolute discretion.
6. MAKING PAYMENTS: Failure to make payments when due will result in cancellation of this Agreement.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel the reservation less than 48 hours before the Check-in time/date, or 168 hours for national holiday weeks you shall not be refunded any of the deposit paid (one night’s room and tax).
YOU HEREBY CONFIRM THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CANCELING THE RESERVATION LESSTHAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE CHECK-IN DATE WILL RESULT IN A FORFEITURE OF THEBOOKING DEPOSIT.
8. DAMAGE POLICY: You shall be responsible for all damage, breakage and/or loss to the Cabin(s), except for normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualties (as deemed by High Country Lodge in its sole discretion, which may result from your occupancy. You agree that all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing, household contents, and other equipment and fixtures will be in the same condition upon departure as at the time of check-in, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty are the only exceptions. You understand that the Cabin(s) will be inspected prior to your arrival and upon your departure. You acknowledge any loss and/or damage to the Cabin(s) will result in a charge or charges for repair and/or replacement value.
YOU HEREBY CONFIRM THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THESE CHARGES MAY BE POSTED TO THECREDIT CARD ON FILE, OR, IF HIGH COUNTRY LODGE IS UNABLE TO CHARGETHE CREDIT CARD, YOU WILL PROMPTLY (AND IN NO EVENT MORE THAN 10 DAYS) SUBMITTHE MONIES DUE TO HIGH COUNTRY LODGE FOR FULL COST OF THE REPLACEMENT ORREPAIR.
9. HIGH COUNTRY LODGE PROPERTY TOURS: A tour of High Country Lodge may be available upon request, but is subject to availability. If you or your proxy tours High Country Lodge after the reservation is confirmed, you are subject to the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy including any and all cancellation fees.
10. SMOKING: This is a non-smoking property. Any violation of the smoking policy will incur a $250.00 additional “Smoke Damage” Cleaning Fee to remove smoke odors from the unit and/or linens.
11. PETS: Pets are allowed at High Country Lodge - ONLY WITH prior authorization and a $30 per night fee. If you bring a pet or pets without approval, you will be charged a $100 per night fee and may be immediately evicted from the Property. You will not leave PETS in the room alone during any part of your stay. You are responsible for all solid pet waste at all times. Should you neglect to pick up after your pet/pets, you agree to be charged $100per occurrence. For the safety of other guests, no pet is allowed to run freely on High Country Lodge grounds unless on a leash.
12. CLEANING: If a unit is left in an unacceptable condition (ie excessive trash, dirty dishes or un-kept manner), you agree to pay an additional $100cleaning fee billed to the card on file.
13. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS: The Cabin(s) is to be occupied by no more than the maximum sleep number stated on the listing website unless approved inwriting by High Country Lodge. If you exceed the occupancy limit and falsify occupancy information at the time of reservation, you shall be subject to eviction. “Occupants” includes small children, infants and overnight visitors. If more than the maximum number is found to be occupying the Cabin(s),you agree that a charge of $50 per person/ per day will be made to your credit card. Additionally, this Agreement may be immediately terminated without are fund of any amounts paid. Exceptions: You may have an additional five (5)daytime guests at High Country Lodge beyond the maximum sleep number stated on the website. All parking, noise and community rules and restrictions must be followed. A day time guest is understood to be any guest not sleeping at the lodge and leaving High Country Lodge before 12 mid-night.
14. EVENTS/VENDORS: Any vendors entering High Country Lodge or events held at High Country Lodge must be disclosed by you to the manager at High Country Lodge and are subject to vendor/event fees to be determined by High Country Lodge. Your failure to notify High Country Lodge of any vendors or events could result in additional charges as determined by High Country Lodge and/or removal from High Country Lodge. High Country Lodge retains the right to determine if a gathering constitutes an event. All vendors must be licensed and insured and include C-R Lodging LLC dba High Country Lodge, as additional insured. Vendors must provide proof of insurance prior to the meeting or event.
15. RETURN OF SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT (if applicable): Your Security/Damage Deposit, minus any charges against it, will be refunded to your credit card within twenty-one (21) days of your departure. If there are damages that require us to retain part of your Security/Damage Deposit, there may be a delay in its return.
16. CHECK-IN: Check-In is no earlier than 3 pm on the day of arrival unless prior arrangements have been made with High Country Lodge.
17. CHECK-OUT: Check-out is no later than 11 am on the day of departure. Check-out is defined as completely off the High Country Lodge Grounds, with the key returned to the office or back in the lock box, if applicable. The entire 4-hour window between check-out and check-in is needed to adequately clean & prepare the cabin for the next guest. Out of respect for our housekeeping staff and newly arriving guests we ask that you adhere to our arrival/departure times. If you fail to be completely out by 11 am without prior approval you will be charged a minimum of $50. Special arrangements must be made ahead of time to be sure that a longer stay will not pose a problem. Please understand this is not meant to be an inconvenience but to ensure that everyone has the same opportunity to enjoy their stay at High Country Lodge. There shall be no pro-ration of the Total Occupancy Rate for late arrivals or early departures.
18. ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: Illegal substances are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate eviction from High Country Lodge. You, your guests and visitors, agree that any drug use on the grounds of High Country Lodge or in the Cabin(s),or using the grounds of High Country Lodge or Cabin(s) for any immoral or unlawful purpose, or violation of any law or ordinance on or about High Country Lodge will immediately terminate your occupancy and be grounds for immediate eviction from the High Country Lodge. You shall be liable for any and all costs incurred by High Country Lodge as a result of the breach of this Section.
19. ENTERING PREMISES: Owner, Owner’s Agent or representative of High Country Lodge may enter the Cabin(s) at any time, with no prior notice in order to perform necessary repairs and/or maintenance, wellness check or any other concerns and at their sole discretion.
20. MOVING FURNITURE: Each cabin is provided with furniture and fixtures, linens and towels, and a fully equipped kitchen. Licensee is responsible to return any furniture that was moved to its original position.
21. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND: High Country Lodge shall not be liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call High Country Lodge as soon as possible, and we will arrange for shipment. We will inform you of the shipping cost and with your approval, charge the credit card on file to cover the expense.
22. LIABILITY: C-R Lodging LLC, its agents, employees and High Country Lodge shall not be liable to you or your guests or invitees or any other person for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property on or about High Country Lodge. Licensee shall hold Owner, C-R Lodging LLC its agents and employees and High Country Lodge harmless and indemnify Owner, C-R Lodging LLC, its agents and employees and High Country Lodge from and against all loss, injury or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of the High Country Lodge property and from or against any omission, neglect, or default of Licensee, its guests, licensees or invitees.
23. SUBLETTING: This Agreement may not be assigned or the Cabin(s) sublet or occupied by anyone other than you and your guests.
24. CHANGING THE LOCKS: No physical changes to the Cabin(s) or changing of locks on the Cabin(s) are permitted.
25. FILM/VIDEO: No part of High Country Lodge shall be used as a location for amateur or professional film/video without the prior written consent and arrangement with High Country Lodge.
26. INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS: You agree to indemnify and hold C-R Lodging LLC, its employees and agents and High Country Lodge harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on High Country Lodge property by you, your guests or invitees, or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons occupying or visiting High Country Lodge during your occupancy pursuant to this Agreement.
27. EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the rules and regulations as written herein must be approved in writing in advance by High Country Lodge.
28. BOOKING POLICY: Occupancy rates naturally fluctuate throughout the year based on market conditions. When reservation confirmation is received, occupancy rates are locked in for the dates in the reservation. Should occupancy rates go up, you understand you will not be required to pay more. In addition, should occupancy rates go down, you understand you will not be entitled to a refund.
29. AMENITIES: High Country Lodge makes every attempt to ensure the property lives up to the cleanliness & amenities of the pictures and/or video as seen on the High Country Lodge website and social media channels such as its Facebook page. Naturally, some of High Country Lodge’s features and amenities will need to be updated, replaced or changed over time and may not be the specific amenity or feature shown in the pictures and/or video.
30. EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES: There may be circumstances in which High Country Lodge might not be available for your stay. Examples of these include(but are not limited to) destruction of or damage to any part of High Country Lodge, changes in local occupancy regulations, or other reasons. In the event High Country Lodge is not available, for whatever reason, we will do our best to make alternative arrangements for you where possible. If we cannot, or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to you, then we will refund all monies paid. This will be the full extent of our liability to you in such circumstances, and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
31. NO REFUND POLICY: While every attempt is made to keep High Country Lodge in good working order, occasionally things break, fail or go out of adjustment. This is an unavoidable part of life. This may include, but is not limited to, disruption in internet service, TV service, or heating and A/C system. When these types of events occur, High Country Lodge will make every attempt to correct or repair the problem as soon as possible, but only after High Country Lodge has been alerted to the problem. However, it may happen that a repair cannot be made during the time you occupy the Cabin(s).No matter what happens, if the Cabin(s) is otherwise habitable and you remain in the Cabin(s), you hereby confirm and agree that no refunds will be issued.
32. SPECIFIC ROOM NOT GUARANTEED: We do our best to offer you the specific room which you booked; however, occasionally we have groups who need special accommodation, and we may need to move you to a comparable room. You will never be charged more to be moved to another room, and depending on the comparable room rate, you may qualify for a rate reduction.
33. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the High Country Lodge, and it supersedes any and all prior memorandum, options, oral agreements and understandings of the parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement, and supersedes all other prior documents made by the parties in connection with the transaction described herein.