Siolim House is a 350 year old Heritage Hotel in Goa, built in 1675. It was restored 25 years ago, in 1996. It is a Palacio that dates from the earliest times of the Portuguese occupation of Goa, beautifully restored as a home which, now doubles as a private nine room heritage boutique hotel in Goa.Surprisingly hidden from view behind a tall row of Ashoka trees, the house understates its stature as one of Goa's most unique and oldest manor houses. There are very few examples of the aristocratic late 16th century 'casa do sobrado' style of Goa-Portuguese architecture remaining in North Goa. The manor once housed the governor to Macau, and a family of administrators that included a governor to Mozambique. We are classified a 'Heritage' Boutique Hotel in Goa by the Dept of Tourism, and situated in the quiet coastal village of Siolim, Goa. We are perfectly placed for the lovely beaches just to the north of Morjim, Ashwem, Arambol and Mandrem beaches and the action of the Candolim – Calangute – Baga – Anjuna beaches to the South.As a unique Heritage boutique hotel in Goa, we operate with a sensitive philosophy to our village, its culture and our surroundings. One reviewer described us as 'lacking artificiality'. Others describe us as 'understated' and 'elegant'. We have received many great reviews about our boutique hotel, but we are not searching for that – what really counts for us is to make our guests truly enjoy their time in our boutique hotel in Goa.
Property Name: Siolim House
Address 1: Siolim House
Address 2 : opposite Wadi Chapel
City : Siolim - Goa
Postal Code : 403517
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Welcome drink
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
These policies only apply to bookings made on our site not via any portal.Barring the New Year period, you may cancel up to 7 days in advance for no charge. If cancelled less than 7 days and more than 2 days before arrival then 50% of the cost of your accommodations shall be charged. If less than 2 days then the entire amount shall be due.
As you can imagine hotels have been also hit hard by this crisis, and while we wish to be as flexible as possible, cancellations need to be justified.
Therefore, if you have COVID (as evidenced by Test Results) or other illness or your close family (first degree relations or people under your care), or if there is a new lockdown that does not allow you to travel, and flights are cancelled due to this purpose then we will refund you, or credit your account for a future booking (at your option).
As regards bookings between 26 Dec and 2 January, these must be fully paid and cancelled at least 3 weeks before, unless you or your direct family members have COVID or other serious illness (as per test results), or if there is a new lockdown that does not allow you to travel on that day, and flights are cancelled due to this purpose. In that case, we will refund you or credit your account for a future booking (at your option). If you cancel less than 3 weeks before your arrival date then no refund will be due and we will refund you only if we have been able to secure another booking.
Terms and Conditions
- Number of Guests: Even though you have booked one or several rooms, only those number of guests (including children of any age), that have been booked or have been accepted in advance by the Hotel will be able to be accommodated in the room. Please make sure of this before arriving in the hotel, as any wrong information may mean that we will not be able to check you in, and there will not be any refund possible.
- Extra Beds in Rooms: Only members of the same family unit (children under 16) can be accomodated in extra beds in a room where it is allowed. For ages 3-16 an extra bed will be required and an extra cost will be levied (5-12: Rs 750, above 12, Rs 1500). Please check with us to confirm we have these extra beds as they are limited. The Malabar Family suite accommodates 2 adults and two children of the same family below 18 years age, and features 2 double beds.
- Children Policy: If you have children please ensure your booking is accepted, because at one time we only can accommodate a certain number of children on the property. Children below are 3 who share a bed with the parents, will be accommodated for free.
- Non-Resident Guests: For the security of our guests and per their requests, non-resident guests are not allowed in the restaurant area or to have meals. Our restaurant services and pool are also only for in house guests.
- Food delivery services are not encouraged for the same reason (to avoid contamination under our COVID policy). We will not be able to serve this food in our restaurant area.
- No Leftovers: For sanitary reasons, we will not be able to place in our refrigerator, reheat or serve leftovers from any meals including from takeaway packages from a restaurant you have visited. Please do not bring these packages into the hotel.
- Check in/Check out time 2pm and check out time 12 pm
- Security: Please ensure security of your belongings, by placing them in the in-room safe or by giving them to us for safekeeping while you stay with us. Any loss would not be our responsibility.
- No meals can be consumed in the Room
- Mealtimes: Please note our mealtimes are strictly as follows: Breakfast : 8-10 AM, Lunch 12 - 2.30 PM, and Dinner 7-10 PM
- No Smoking: The entire property except the garden area is strictly no smoking. Smoking in the rooms will invite a cleaning and refreshment charge of Rs 10,000/-, as we would have to leave the room vacant and may have to provide compensation.
- No Unregistered Overnight Guests: Unregistered guests are not allowed in Guest Rooms, or to stay overnight without prior agreement
- No Noise/ No Parties: Music, private parties are not allowed in the house. Any Music played after 07:00 PM within the premises or loud music in the rooms will be taken as disturbance to our neighbours and guests. Drinking is not allowed by the pool-side.
- No Events: The booking of more than 3 rooms per group and especially the booking of the entire property by one group automatically via an online channel would require prior agreement before being confirmed.
- Pool Timings: Swimming pool is closed at 6:30pm and noise late in the evening outdoors can cause disturbance. Swimming is at your own risk as there is no lifeguard around. Please supervise your children.