Step into an idyllic setting in Deltaville, Virginia where your early morning walk will be welcomed with a wisp of salt air coming from the Chesapeake Bay. Take in the beauty of small marinas where boats set ready for a day of sailing or fishing in the rich waters of the Bay or the rivers feeding it. Our motel offers 24 rooms that have all been updated from floor to ceiling. Our rooms are inviting and calming. We look forward to hosting your stay in Deltaville.
Property Name: Dockside Inn LLC
Street Address: 70 Dockside Drive
City : Deltaville - Virginia
Postal Code : 23043
Contact Name: Office Manager
- Laundry service
- Photocopying services
- 24-hour check-in
- Accessible Parking
- Air conditioning
- Bicycle rental
- Breakfast, free
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Fire extinguishers
- Guest parking
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Local safety protocols followed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Picnic area
- Property has wheelchair access
- Smoke alarms
- Towels changed upon request
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Breakfast at Cafe By The Bay for two
- Pool Passes Available (Deltaville Community Center Pool) $5 each
- In Shower Toiletries
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Late Check-out Hour: 13:00
Late Check-out Fees: $35.00
Late check-out (after 11:00 and before 13:00) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
CANDLE, INCENSE, ESSENTIAL OILS: Candle, incense, essential oils (diffusing,vaporizing, etc.) are prohibited. These items and activities will be treated as smoking, a fine accessed, and the guest may be evicted with no refunds.
NO-COOKING, COOKING APPLIANCES,COMBUSTIBLES, OR FIREWORKS: The safety of our guests, staff, and this facility is extremely important to us. Except for the microwave and refrigerator units that the hotel provides, preparation of food in guest rooms by any type of cooking appliances is prohibited. A minimum fee of $300.00 will be charged for cooking in a room,including, but not limited to hot plates, toaster ovens, water heaters, rice cookers, combustible, open flame, barbecue grill, burners, heating appliance,or any other item intended for cooking. Open fires, flames or cooking grills,either charcoal or gas, and fireworks are not allowed anywhere on hotel property. There are two grills in the picnic area for guest use. Utensils for cooking can be obtained from the office.
CHECK-INTIME: 4:00 p.m.
EARLY CHECK-IN: If you require an early check in, prior to 4 p.m. (there is a fee of $35) please contact our staff directly prior to your arrival (804) 776-1021.
CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS: Guests must be at least 18 years of age to check in at Dockside Inn. In the interests of security and to prevent fraud, guests are required to confirm their identity by providing their valid government issued photo identification (State driver’s license, passport,etc.) at check-in. A valid, signed, and pre-approved credit card in the name of the guest registration is also required. It is your responsibility to fully understand the manner in which your bank processes charges to your credit/debit card. Some banks hold pending authorizations for up to 30 business days.
GUEST REGISTRATION: We require valid contact information from the guest making the reservations including first and last name, address and cell phone number . The names of all guests occupying the room must be registered. Check in is contactless. You will receive a text on the day of check in with your procedures. At this time we will ask that you email or text a copy of your drivers license to us.
the day prior (804) 776-1021. We will accomodate these requests if we can. There will be a fee of $35 assessed if check out is after 2:00 .
EARLY DEPARTURE: Guests who check out of the hotel prior to their scheduled departure date will be charged consistent with our cancellation policy.
SPECIAL REQUESTS: We will make every effort to honor special requests such as a specific floor or room number, adjoining rooms, etc.upon your arrival. All special requests are noted on reservations and we will do our best to accommodate. However, the availability of these items cannot be guaranteed in advance.
MICROWAVE/REFRIGERATOR: Except for the refrigerator units that the hotel provides, preparation of food in guest rooms by any type of cooking appliances is prohibited. We ask that you refrain from microwaving any pungent food as the odor is difficult to remove from fabric, a cleaning fee may be assessed. Most commercially prepared food intended for the microwave has not previously caused a problem, so we suggest that option. Microwaving your fresh caught fish will be an issue.
ADA/HANDICAPPED ROOMS: One ADA compliant guest room is available and should be reserved in advanced; please contact the hotel directly (804)776-1021.
PAYMENT: All reservations and registration must be guaranteed with a valid major credit card. We accept Visa and Master Card. Pursuant to credit card agreements, credit cards are not valid unless signed by the cardholder. Credit cards must be signed. Cash payments are accepted on a case by case basis and must be backed by a valid credit card. All guests are required to present a valid major credit card and government issued photo identification even if guests are planning on paying in cash upon check-in. Checks and foreign currency not accepted.
CHECKS AND CHECK CASHING: We do not accept checks. We do not provide check cashing services.
DEBIT CARD/CREDIT CARD HOLDERS Your credit card is not valid unless signed. We will refuse an unsigned card. Your Debit or Credit Card will be processed the day before check-in for the full amount of your stay. If you change your method of payment at check-in or change the length of your stay, your bank may not post the changes to your account immediately. Dockside Inn has no control over the policies of your bank and will not be held liable for any “insufficient funds”penalties or any other resulting fees or charges. It is your responsibility to fully understand the manner in which your bank processes pre-authorizations and charges to your debit or credit card. Some banks hold pending authorizations for up to 30 days.
DEPOSITS AND GUARANTEES: There is no deposit required to make an individual room reservation. However, a major credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the room and secure the reservation period.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT FOR GUESTS BY PRIVATE THIRD PARTIES: Generally, third party payment is not permitted. In the case of paying for a family member if you will not be physically present at the hotel,we require prior completion and approval of a Credit Card Authorization form including a copy of your driver’s license and the front and back of your signed credit card. You will be responsible for any and all damages and loss. We reserve the right to refuse reservation at any time for any reason.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION BY CORPORATE THIRD-PARTIES: Please contact Dockside Inn reservations department at least 24 hours prior to guest’s arrival to request a Credit Card Authorization form. We must receive the information by email (email@example.com) and process the approval for your reservations prior to the guest’s arrival.
RATES: All rates are quoted in United States currency, plus tax. Rates may increase without notice. Rates as advertised on the Dockside Inn website or any other website or promotional material are subject to change at any time and may increase or decrease at the hotel’s discretion. Rates are based on double room (1-4 occupancy), king (1-2 occupancy) , queen (1-2 occupancy) and are subject to availability.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE: Dockside Inn is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason(s) that does not violate Federal or State laws. Dockside Inn has a zero tolerance policy in which we will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in our hotel or may remove a person, without refund, who refuses to abide by the reasonable standards and policies established by the State of Virginia and the owners for the operation and management of the hotel. Dockside Inn will refuse service or evict a guest: for refusal or failure to pay for accommodations, is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance and acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests or is not in compliance with state liquor laws; acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests; is unable to properly supervise their children at all times, seeks to use the hotel for an unlawful purpose; seeks to bring into the hotel: an unlawfully possessed firearm; or something, including an explosive or hazardous or toxic substance, that is unlawful to possess and that may be dangerous to other persons; destroys,damages, defaces, or threatens harm to hotel property or guests; causes or permits persons to exceed the maximum allowable occupancy of room, refuses to abide by the reasonable standards or policies established by Dockside Inn for the operation and management of our hotel. MCA 70-6-511, 70-5-512,70-6-513,70-6-514
QUIET HOURS: 10:00 p.m. to 9 a.m. If you become aware of a disruptive guest, please contact Front Desk staff immediately by phone (804) 776-1021. Televisions, voices, or other devices must be kept at a respectful low level at all times. Doors should be opened and closed quietly. No congregating or running on decks.
VISITORS: No visitors after 10:00 p.m. Visitors must notify Front Desk upon their arrival.Visitors must be accompanied by the registered guest at all times. Visitors are not allowed to use guest amenities including the Wi-Fi. As a registered guest, you are responsible for your visitor at all times.
CONNECTING ROOM POLICY: Connecting rooms are subject to availability and can only be booked directly through the hotel. Please call the hotel directly to discuss available configurations.Guests with a pet requesting a connecting room will be assessed a pet fee for both rooms.
DISCOUNTS: We do not offer discounted room rates for participation or employment in organizations such as AAA, AARP, government employees, etc. We offer discounts to active military police, fire, and ems (you must provide credentials prior to check in).
CANCELLATION: Dockside Inn is not responsible for weather conditions, personal emergencies, or schedule changes. Reservations cancelled prior to 7 days of check in date will incur a $25 charge. In order to avoid forfeiture of your reservation fee in its entirety you must cancel prior to 7 days in advance. If you cancel any reservation, you must obtain and save the cancellation number for your records.
NO SHOW CHARGES: Failure to check in on the scheduled arrival date for a reservation guaranteed with a credit card will result in the full amount being charged to your credit card consistent with our cancellation policy.
GROUP RESERVATIONS: Large group/Block reservations (weddings, family reunions, etc) must be cancelled eight (8) weeks prior to arrival date. Reservations cancelled after that date will be charged the full reservation fee plus tax.
CHILDREN:Well behaved children of all ages are welcomed. Children under age 18 stay for free when sharing a room with one or more paying adult(s), using existing bedding. As the parents, guardians, or chaperones of children you are personally and legally responsible for and must supervise them at all times. For safety reasons, please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or allow them to roam the hotel property unsupervised.
ADDITIONAL BEDDING: A limited number pack-n-plays (based on posted occupancy maximums for each room) are available upon request. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. The charge is $10.00 each, plus tax per night. For safety, pillows are not provided for cribs.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Room occupancy requirements are based on fire code/fire safety restrictions. Standard Room maximum occupancy is 4, King or King Handicapped
maximum occupancy is 2 , Single Queen maximum occupancy is 2. If you exceed the maximum number of guests allowed, you will be asked to rent another guest-room for proper accommodations or vacate the hotel.
ROOM KEYS: Room keys are issued to the registered guest(s). No room keys will be issued to youth under 18 at any time.I.D. is required if you have lost your key and require a duplicate. Please leave your keys in the room when you depart or deposit them in the key drop box near the front door of the office.
HOUSEKEEPING/ROOM INSPECTION: This is a 100 % NON-SMOKING hotel, including medical marijuana. Rooms are inspected daily and a detailed log is maintained on each room and linens. Rooms are rented to guests in appropriate condition without any prohibited odor. Housekeeping and Front Desk staff are trained and skilled in identifying the odors from prohibited items. If our investigation concludes that you have smoked in your room, cooked, or brought a prohibited item into our facility,you will be fined, and evicted without any refund.
LOST & FOUND POLICY: Dockside Inn assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. If you discover that you have left behind something of value to you, please call us immediately (804) 776-1021 and we will try to assist you in locating your lost item.
FOUND ITEMS: Dockside Inn is not responsible for any item left behind by a guest. However, any item, with the exception of perishable items, left behind by our guests and found after departure by Housekeeping will be collected, logged in, and kept in a secure location for collection by the owner for up to fourteen (14) days. Records of Lost &Found items are retained for one year. Reasonable effort will be made to notify the guest that an item has found. Perishable items, underwear, and miscellaneous toiletries are discarded.
RETURN: We would be happy to return your lost item(s) to you by United States Postal Service. Sorry, no UPS or FED EX deliveries. Your credit card will be charged packaging and postage, plus a $10.00 handling fee. A separate receipt will be mailed to you. Dockside Inn is not responsible for any item lost or misdirected during shipment by the United States Postal Service. Please contact the USPS Customer Service Department at 1-800-275-8777.
UNCLAIMED ITEMS/NO CONTACT: Lost & Found items are held for fourteen (14) days while we attempt to contact the guest. If guest contact information is incorrect or cell phone mailbox is full and we are unable to contact the guest during the fourteen (14) day holding period, the unclaimed item(s) are thrown away, given to local organizations, or disposed of accordingly by Dockside Inn.
ALCOHOL POLICY: Registered guests of legal age who choose to bring their own alcoholic beverages must consume those in their room. Alcohol is not allowed in public areas such as the lobby, porches, etc. Alcohol consumed during special events served by a licensed caterer with permit to serve/sale alcohol is restricted to those 21 years old or older (valid photo identification required)and can only be consumed at that event venue.
FIREARMS AND WEAPONS: The safety and security of our guests and staff is extremely important to us. Our Firearms and Weapons Policy is designed for the protection of our guests,vendors, staff, and owners, and pertains to the presence of firearms and weapons on hotel premises. Dockside Inn recognizes that guests and vendors may legally possess firearms or weapons for a variety of legitimate purposes. This policy has been developed to create a safe environment by providing appropriate guidance over the custody of firearms and weapons on our premises. Dockside Inn is private property. Guests, who are lawfully permitted to possess a firearm or weapon, may bring such onto our hotel premises for storage purposes only, with the understanding that they are personally responsible for following:
• Guests must abide by all Federal,State, and local laws. • Firearm and weapons must be appropriately registered. • Firearms must be unloaded • No cleaning of firearms is permitted on hotel premises. • Firearms and weapons must be safeguarded and secured in either a locked, hard sided firearm container or a soft gun case provided by the guest at all times and clearly labeled with their name and contact information. • Guests and vendors who fail to abide by our policy may be asked to leave the hotel premises, are subject to trespass and may be subject to further legal action. Exempted from this policy are law enforcement officers and designated military personnel who are on-duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. No exemption to this policy is allowed for private persons, even those licensed and permitted to carry a firearm openly or concealed under local, state, or federal law, are exempt from this policy. It is our policy to promptly turn over any firearms left on the property to the local police department if we are unable to contact the owner.
BICYCLES/HOVER BOARDS/ ROLLERBLADES: Bicycles,Hover boards, and roller blades are not permitted in guest rooms. Depending on available space, Front Desk staff will be happy to secure these items in our mechanical room. We assume no liability for theft, loss, and/or damage, and you waive any and all such liability.
Fish Cleaning and Storing: Under no circumstances are fish allowed to be cleaned in rooms or on the property. No fish carcasses are to be disposed of in rooms. Fish are not to be stored in mini fridges in rooms. Not following this policy will result in an additional fee charged to your credit card on file.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY OR FIRE: Please notify Front Desk in the event of a fire or other emergency. A map that shows emergency exit route can be found on the back of your room door in each guest room.
FIRE SAFETY POLICY: The hotel is fully equipped with smoke detectors and emergency evacuation plans on the door of each guest room. Please review this important information.
NO IN-ROOM PARTY: Dockside Inn enforces a No In-Room Party Policy to ensure we can protect the hotel and our guests at all times. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on these premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning)will be given to reduce the noise. If our request is not followed, the guest will be asked to leave the hotel without refund. Registered guest(s) is responsible for all persons visiting. Non-Registered visitors are only permitted until 10:00 P.M. If found with more “people” not listed on the Guest Registration Form after 10:00 P.M. your stay will be considered a party. You will be ordered to vacate the premises without refund and may be accessed a Guest Compensation Disturbance Fee.
FREE WiFi ACCESS: Access to our WiFi is free for our registered guests. The hotel WiFi access code is subject to change without notice. WiFi signals are subject to change without notice depending on the room’s location, the status of our WiFi-equipment, and interference from other local wireless signals. Dockside Inn assumes no liability for guest use.
ENFORCEMENT: All staff is trained and required to respond to potential violations of our Hotel Policy/House Rules. Guests who refuse to abide by the reasonable standards and policies established by Dockside Inn for safety of all guests, staff, owners, property, and the operation and management of the hotel will be evicted, with no refund (§ 8.01-42.2.). In addition to the room charge, a minimum $300.00 cleaning fee per room will be charged for infraction(s) of our Hotel Policy/House Rules.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Dockside Inn makes its best efforts to ensure that all the information that appears on its website is accurate. However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given that the information provided on this website is error free. Dockside Inn does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions, and reserves the right to change the information published at any time and without notice.
LINKS: The links provided on the Dockside Inn website are for the convenience of site visitors and are provided in good faith. Dockside Inn does not accept liability for the contents or links provided on such websites, nor does it accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use or connected with its website.
ILLNESS AND EPIDEMICS: Dockside Inn reserves the right to refuse accommodations to a guest arriving with a contagious disease. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, please notify the Front Desk staff. In the case of serious sickness,you may be requested to receive appropriate health care from a nearby healthcare facility. During epidemics we are entitled to employ precautionary measures within our judgment or as required by local authorities. We may charge you a room cleaning fee as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
INFESTATION: The cleanliness of our rooms is extremely important to our guests. If you bring any infestation into your room or onto our hotel premises, we may charge you for any and all costs and expenses, including immediate or urgent response requirements and loss of room revenue, that we deem necessary to address the infestation.
DAMAGE AND/OR THEFT OF HOTEL PROPERTY You are liable for any damage howsoever caused (whether by the deliberate, negligent, or reckless act) to the room (s), hotel’s premises or property caused by you or any person in your party whether or not staying at the hotel during your stay. Dockside Inn reserves the right to retain your credit card and/or debit card details as presented at registration and charge or debit the credit /debit card such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem necessary to compensate or make good the cost for expenses incurred or suffered by Dockside Inn as a result of the aforesaid.Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right and you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the Hotel property during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items,smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialist to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guestwould incur to a minimum.
DAMAGE DISCOVERED AFTER CHECK-OUT: Guest Rooms found with wastestrewn around, in complete disorder, and/or “trashed” will be subject tomaintenance deep cleaning fee, administration fee and/or third party fees.
DAMAGE TO ROOM: Damage to rooms, fixtures,furnishing and equipment including the removal of electronic equipment, towels,art work, etc. will be charge at 120% of full and new replacement value plus any shipping and handling charges. Any damage to hotel property, whether accidental or willful, is the responsibility of the registered guest for each particular room. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the credit card of the registered guest. In extreme cases, criminal charges will be pursued.
DAMAGE TO MATTRESSES AND BEDDING: Damage to mattresses and linen including; towels, mattress pads, sheets, bedspreads, blankets resulting from the use of body oils, make-up, shoe-polish, etc. will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair or replacement of the damaged article.
DAMAGE OR TAMPERING WITH FIRE DETECTION SYSTEMS/FIRE-FIGHTING EQUIPMENT: Dockside Inn reserve the right to take action against any guest or visitor found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment throughout the hotel,including detector heads in public areas, guest rooms, and fire extinguishers.Guests or visitors found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire-fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and will be evicted from the hotel. Dependingon the severity of the guest actions, law enforcement may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that fire-fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right and you hereby authorize us to charge expenses to the credit card/debit card on file.
Pet Policy and Agreement Welcome to our Pet Friendly Motel. By pet, we mean dog, a domesticated dog that weighs no more than 55 lbs. Sorry, no cats, birds, or exotics. For the health, safety, and enjoyment of all of our guests, staff, and owners the following Pet Policy has been established:
1. There is a $35.00 PET FEE per dog, excluding an ADA compliant Service Dog, per stay which will appear as a separate charge on your room receipt. TWO DOG LIMIT.
2. At check-in, the guest must declare/register each dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog by providing full information and signature required on a Pet Policy and Agreement and the Guest is responsible to strictly abide by all policies.
3. Dogs must NEVER be left unattended in the room at any time, whether or not the dog is in a kennel crate.
4. $100.00 fee for unattended dog(s) in hotel room or hotel parking lot.Unattended dog(s) may be removed from the room or hotel property by Hotel staff and/or animal control without liability on the part of the hotel and the guest will assume any/all cost for such removal.
5. Dogs must be leashed and under direct restraint at all times outside your room and/or on hotel property.
6. We require each dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog to wear a collar or harness with current tags attached: identification and contact information,current license, and proof of current rabies vaccination.
7. We adhere to the ADA definition of Service Dog. When it is not obvious what service a Service Dog provides, Staff may ask two clarifying questions to determine eligibility 28CFR 36.302 (c) (6).
8. There is a $100.00 fee for each undeclared/non-approved dog/pet brought into the hotel.
9. There is a $300.00 cleaning fee, determined solely by management, for a room left in an unsatisfactory condition.
10. Daily Housekeeping is required. The dog and/or ADA compliant Service Dog must be removed from the room for housekeeping. Guests may not request an “IN” or “Do Not Disturb” status if they have a dog.
11. The Guest is liable for the health, safety, and welfare of their dogs at all times.
12. Connecting rooms requested by a Guest with a dog, excluding ADA compliant Service Dog, will be assessed a pet fee, per dog, for both rooms.
13. Guest agrees and authorizes Dockside Inn to assess charges to the credit card on file at registration for any and all damages discovered prior to or after departure, including, but not limited to: pet odor and stains, repair or replacement of hotel property, excessive and/or exceptional cleaning or extermination charges, loss of hotel revenue caused by the dog, including an ADA compliant Service Dog 28 CFR 36.302 (c) (8).
14. Dogs must be clean, fully house-trained, parasite free and disease free(i.e. ticks, fleas, Parvo, etc.)
15. Dogs are expected to be quiet, well behaved, and non-destructive.
16. Guests will be given an opportunity to eliminate any noise complaints.In the event you are unable to satisfy this clause, you may be asked to leave the hotel without a refund and will be financially responsible for any and all costs associated with any compensation that may be given to appease a disturbed guest(s). There is no limit to these rate adjustments or lost revenue. The payment and/or reimbursement for suchdamage is payable on demand.
17. Subject to availability, Guests with dogs will be located on the first floor for easy access to outdoor areas.
18. Dogs are not allowed in rooms other than that which they are registered.
19. You are required to clean up after your pets on hotel property.
20. We understand that accidents are sometimes unavoidable. If an accident should occur, please call Front Desk immediately so that we may try to prevent any permanent damage.
21. Dogs are not allowed directly on hotel furniture, including beds. Please ask the Front Desk for pet sheets/covers.
22. Please do not bathe your dog in the bathtub or sink. Failure to abide will result in an additional cleaning fee.
23. Dockside Inn is not responsible for dogs that may exit guest rooms or hotel exit doors, including but not limited to any escape as a result of hotel staff entry or exit of the premises or access to the guest room.
24. Please ask Front Desk to inspect your room upon departure to determine any damage.
25. We reserve the right to require room changes, removal of dog(s) from the premises, refuse or discontinue service without refund if in the hotel’s sole discretion, the dog is considered dangerous, unhealthy, or likely to frighten,harm, disrupt hotel guests, has damaged hotel property, or for failure to abide by these policies.
26. By checking into the room the guest agrees they have read, fully understands and hereby agrees to comply with this entire PET POLICY AND AGREEMENT and accepts full financial responsibility of any and all charges as outlined above and agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Dockside Inn LLC, its owners, agents, and employees from any and all liability, damage, fines, claims, losses, or cost of any type including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by the dog(s) or Service Dog, and agrees to make reimbursement for such damages on demand. Guest further agrees to release, waive, and forever discharge, and covenant not to sue Dockside Inn LLC.