We have quickly become Kampala’s best hostel and backpackers within the centre of the city. We have 24hr security, our reception never closes and all of our rooms are cleaned daily. We try to be adventure tourism friendly, so if your travelling with a bike, a kayak or anything else, we can store it securely and safely for you.We’re located in Kololo, just near Kisementi and Acacia avenue. We are close to some of the city’s best bars, restaurants and shops, including Acacia Mall, National Museum and Afriart Gallery. With the traffic in Kampala getting worse and worse everyday (especially in the rainy season when roads turn into brown rivers- yeahhh its a bit crazy!), location is key – trust us, you’ll want to be central. We also know the rest of the city pretty well too, so if you need directions or want some tips we can help you out!
Property Name: Fat Cat Backpackers
Address 1: Plot 13 Bukoto Street
City : Kisimenti - Kampala
Contact Name: The Fat Cat Team
- Baggage storage
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- All information is strictly confidential, please enter a valid email address and telephone number.
- Please note, full payment must be received before arrival to secure a confirmed booking.
- Payments can be made before arrival by PayPal/Credit Card. Please follow the payment instructions provided after your booking as been confirmed. Be sure to reference your Booking ID so we can track your payment appropriately and secure your reservation.
- Payments can be made upon arrival by cash (USD or UGX). USD must be dated 2009 or newer and free of any marks or tears to be accepted. Exact amount in UGX will be determined by the rate of exchange on date of arrival.
- If you are booking in a group and would like to stay in one room, please book at the same time with one booking request. Select the appropriate room and number of persons. Payment can be made from one or individual PayPal accounts using the same Booking ID. Please make sure to reference this number so we can track your payments appropriately.
- Cancellations: Should you no longer be able to stay at The Fat Cat, please cancel online by 2pm 48 hours before scheduled arrival to avoid cancellation charge (equal to the first night of your stay). No-shows and late cancellations will be charged the full one nights' stay and the rest of your booking will be cancelled.
- If you would like to stay in a single sex dorm room (i.e. only female), please let us know when you book and we will try our very best to accommodate your request.
- Check in: 2:00pm to 7:00am. If you arrive early in the morning and want a bed right away, you will have to pay for that previous nights’ stay so please ensure this is reflected on your booking. Check out: before 10:00am. You are welcome to arrive earlier or leave later, as we have 24 hour reception and a luggage store for your convenience as you wait for check-in time or as you hang around after check-out. Early check-in and Late check-out will be charged a full night's stay subject to availability.
- Inclusions: Taxes. Breakfast (available from 7:00-10:00am). All bed linens and mosquito nets. WiFi.
- All rooms are strictly non-smoking. Of course we accept smokers, you will just need to smoke outside please.
- Long-term stay rates are negotiable, please email us to discuss.