Surf City Hostel was opened in 1995 in Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles CA - and has been popular with both domestic and international travelers ever since. Our guests always end up returning at some point! It is a small and friendly hostel with various common areas for socializing and meeting people. And we are on a pedestrianized street just one block from the beach!
Hermosa Beach is a small beach city with a population of 20,000 situated within Los Angeles County. Although within the Los Angeles area, Hermosa Beach is a very safe and easy-going neighborhood with the beach, beachside boardwalk, pier, promenade, bars and clubs and nightlife, restaurants, various stores - all within a centralized walkable area. Hermosa Beach is the place to experience the 'local' culture, away from the more commercialized and tourist parts of Los Angeles. The neighboring beach cities of Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach are a short bike ride or skate trip away. Further north are Venice Beach and Santa Monica which are also within biking distance. Beyond that, central Los Angeles and Hollywood are accessible via car, public transport or special tour packages which the hostel can advise you about. Tours can also be arranged to Universal Studios, Disneyland and Six Flags.
Address 1: 26 Pier Ave
City: Hermosa Beach - California
Postal Code: 90254
Contact Name: Angelica
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 01:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies:
All changes, cancellations, and requests to the reservation must be made 24 hours prior to the check-in date/time (1 pm daily). Any cancellation within 24 hours of check-in time will not be accepted. Guests will not be refunded for any cancellations after check-in. All credit cards used during the time of payment must match the valid ID of the guest(s).
Terms and Conditions
- A refundable deposit equal to the first night's room and tax will be authorized or charged on your credit card at the time of the reservation to guarantee your reservation.
- All customers checking in must show valid ID and present their itinerary for the next trip. Please make sure to bring a valid photo identification with you, i.e. passport, government issued I.D. card, or driver’s license. All valid identification must have the guest’s picture, Date of Birth, Issue Date, and Expiration Date. All valid ID must not be expired. All guests must be above 18 years of age, or must have a legal guardian present throughout the duration of the stay. Surf City Hostel does not accommodate any resident living within the greater Los Angeles area. Surf City Hostel is a traveler's Hostel, and has the right to refuse services to anyone. A valid passport is required to check in including US citizens and proof of traveling.
- Packages, offers and special events may require different deposits and cancellation periods. Refer to the specific offer for details.
- Room rates listed do not include city taxes.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival to avoid forfeiting the deposit amount. Cancellations must be made through the same reservation channel that you originally booked the room or package.
- A credit card and valid passport is required for check in and the guest whose name is on the reservation must be at least 18 years of age.
- At check-in your credit card will be charged for the remaining amount of room and tax.
- There are no refunds allowed.
- We will note your preferences for room type, smoking or non-smoking and/or room location, however due to arrival and departure patterns, we are UNABLE TO GUARANTEE any room type request.
- Pets are not permitted to stay in the hostel.
- Check-in time is 1:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM, there is no late check out. Person checking out after 11AM will get charge a late fee of $20 and his/her things will be moved to the storage room. We need to have the beds and rooms ready for the guest arriving that day.
- Any special offers or discount rates are non-commissionable and are not available to travel agents, tour operators, conventions, or groups.
- NO SMOKING IN THE HOSTEL OR OUTSIDE THE HOSTEL, guests will be assessed a $250 cleaning fee if they smoke in a room or any common areas of the hostel.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
- All reservations are non-transferable or refundable once paid.
- The Hostel shall be entitled to vary, amend and/or otherwise change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The Hostel shall not be liable for any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any cancellation of the reservation by the Hostel.
- Surf City Hostel may reserve the right to refuse service to any person.
- Parking in Hermosa Beach is limited, guests may find free parking on Pier and Ardmore Ave. There is paid meter parking next to the hostel, please check city's parking rules.
- Surf City Hostel does not have handicap access, there is no elevator.
- There is a refundable key deposit of $10 cash that must be given when you check in, if you do not have cash at check in and you do not return your key at check out, $20 will be charged to your credit card.
- Please check on our website WWW.surfcityhostel.com hostel rules, breaking any of these rules might result in asking you to leave the premises without any refund for your remaining nights already paid.