Welcome to Greengo’s Hotel! Our jungle oasis is nestled in the lush Semuc Champey Valley, just a 10-minute walk to the famous cascades and pools. Surrounded by jungle and mountains with a river running through the property, Greengo’s unites natural beauty with first-class modern comforts of home.
GETTING HERE: We offer a free pick-up service from Lanquin ( Only between 3 pm to 9 pm) for guests who stay a minimum of 2 nights (Q35 per person for those who stay one night). This shuttle service operates between 3 to 9 pm (unless you are on a tourist shuttle that is running late, in which case we offer our service until 10 p.m. *does not apply to private shuttles*). The Greengo’s truck will be waiting where you arrive — if you have a reservation and are coming on a tourist shuttle, you do not need to notify us of your arrival. If you are arriving by private shuttle or colectivo to Lanquin, please speak to us in advance. We do not reimburse for any transport that is not organized by us. The return trip to Lanquin is Q35 per person, unless you buy your onward shuttle ticket with us,
- Check-in starts at 1 PM and Until 11 PM (please notify us if you plan on arriving at the hotel earlier)
- Check-out at 11 AM - Departing guests must fully vacate their rooms and return sheets and towels no later than 11 AM
- Departing guests must vacate the hotel no later than 1 PM
- Departing guests who wish to stay at the hotel later than 1 PM must purchase a DAY PASS of Q100 (consumable in the restaurant and bar), which provides access to the pool, wifi, and facilities.
ROOMS: We offer dorm beds and private rooms (both economical options and upscale cabins). Every room has its own unique design, with attention to color and art. If you are traveling with friends, be sure to check out our 3- and 4-bed private cabins for sharing!
RESTAURANT / BAR: Greengo’s has an on-site restaurant specializing in Mediterranean food, as well as other international cuisines, including a variety of vegetarian and vegan choices. We have a fully-stocked bar with beers, cocktails, a curated selection of craft beers and ciders, non-alcoholic beverages, and great happy hour deals!
In order to maintain a clean and peaceful environment for our guests, we ask that you DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES ONTO THE PROPERTY. If you bring a cooler, you will have to leave it at the front desk and have it returned to you when you leave.
- Large salt-water swimming pool
- Sun-heated whirlpool
- Restaurant & Lounge
- Swim-Up Pool Bar
- Outdoor sports and activities
- Free purified spring water
- WIFI (available until 8 pm)
- Hot water showers in every bathroom
- Library/book exchange -
Board games and card games
- Evening activities in our lounge (karaoke, trivia nights, beer pong tournaments)
- Travel agent for tours and onward travel
- Extreme Tubing + Hiking Tour (not offered anywhere else — a chance to get off the tourist trail!)
- Laundry service
- Towels provided for every guest
ELECTRICITY: Because we are in a very remote location, we use a generator to produce electricity for the hotel. In order to reduce our energy consumption, we turn off the power mid-day and late night. Electricity is ON between 6 AM to noon and 4 PM to midnight. Please charge your devices during these hours.
COMMUNITY: Greengo’s is an integral part of the Chicanuz community, providing reliable salaried jobs to locals who would otherwise have to travel far from home to find work. We also run various community projects, building vital infrastructure in the village and donating emergency food and help to the people here. If you want to learn more about the local culture, ask us about our community and hiking tours!
FAMILIES: Please note that we do not allow children under 18 years old. We generally cater to a young adult backpacker crowd and do not think it is appropriate for younger children to be exposed to some of their shenanigans.
- Cancellations made less than two (2) days prior to the arrival date will incur a 100% charge
-No-show will incur a 100% charge
- Please note that one-night bookings do not include free transport from Lanquin to Greengo’s.
- No outside food and drinks are allowed on the property.
- The front gates will be closed between midnight and 6 a.m. and will only be opened in case of an emergency.
- We do not allow children younger than 18 years old.
- Our property is not easily accessible for people with lesser mobility.
- We do not allow guests to bring their dogs, but we do have several nice dogs on the property
Follow us on Instagram @greengoshotel to see everything we offer! Don’t forget to tag us in your photos during your stay! :)
Property Name: Greengo's
Street Address: 486 meters from Semuc Champey
City : Lanquin - Alta Verapaz
Postal Code : 11307
Phone: (+502) 5000 1500
- Foreign currency exchange
- Laundry service
- Swimming pool
- 24-hour security
- Board games / puzzles
- Happy hour
- Non-smoking rooms
- Refillable water stations
- Shuttle service
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 1:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
The hotel cannot guarantee the possibility to pay by credit card, due to the instability of phone and internet coverage in the area. BRING ENOUGH CASH FOR YOUR STAY! :)
This hotel strictly prohibits external food or drinks on the premises due to the presence of insects, local animals, and nature.
The hotel doesn't allow children under the age of 18
The trip from Lanquin to the hotel (ONE WAY) is provided for free to those who book a minimum of 2 nights.
When booking shuttles in Flores please use a reputable company. There are a lot of shuttle scams in this area so please be aware of this. Also, the property does not recommend multiple destination ticket purchases. Please inform Greengo's Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.