Kasiks Wilderness Resort is a family-oriented lodge and campground located in beautiful Northern British Columbia in Kitsumkalum Tsimshian Traditional Territory along the Skeena River. Encircled by stunning geographical features, majestic mountains, rivers, and forests, the resort features a 24-site campground, 10-room lodge, and a cafe.
Explore our beautiful and cozy campground nestled amongst the trees or glamp it up in one of our deluxe lodge suites. No matter your preference, rest assured you'll be well cared for in true Kitsumkalum-Tsimshian hospitality. Guests and passersby can stop in and enjoy fresh ground locally roasted coffee, grab’n go sandwiches, baked goodies, and savoury hot-food options made daily, see our hours for the grill.
Dinner and breakfast are currently for overnight lodge and campground guests only.
Cafe Kitchen Grill Hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only for the general public, from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM for hot food menu orders.
Coffee, grab'n go snacks, ice cream and convenience items from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 7 days a week.- for the general public.
Property Name: Kasiks Wilderness Resort
Street Address: 8931 Highway 16 West
City : Terrace - British Columbia
Phone: 250 631 7979
- Gift shop
- Welcome drink
- Accessible Parking
- Bicycle rental
- Board games / puzzles
- Breakfast, Continental
- Cashless payment accepted
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Chocolate / Cookies
- Cleaning chemicals used are effective agaist COVID
- Coffee Shop
- Common areas disinfected daily
- Daily Housekeeping
- Face masks available for guests
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kits
- Guest accommodations disinfected between stays
- Guest parking
- Guests can opt out of daily room cleaning
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Kids' meals
- Linens, towels, laundry washed per local authority guidelines
- Local safety protocols followed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Picnic area
- Prepared lunches
- Property has wheelchair access
- Sanitized tableware
- Security alarm
- Self-service laundry
- Shared lounge / TV area
- Smoke alarms
- Snack bar
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Toilet with grab rails
- Towels changed upon request
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
- Cancellations can be made up to 7 days in advance. Within 7 days, deposits are non-refundable.
- Any dropped nights within the 7 day period prior to your arrival will result in a forfeiture of payment for each night dropped. Nights dropped outside of the 7 days prior to arrival that do not result in your stay becoming less than our minimum required stay of 1 night are eligible for a full refund.
- In the case of any no-shows or early departures, guests will still be responsible for the full amount of their reservation.
- Cancellations will only be accepted by email to email@example.com. Cancellations will not be accepted by phone.
- We do not give credit or refunds due to inclement weather. The fun continues rain or shine!
- Post pandemic, you accept that you are travelling at your own risk knowing fully that travel restrictions and provincial changes can be made any time. If any changes are made municipally, provincially, or federally that prevent you from travelling you accept that our standard cancellation policy still applies
Terms and Conditions
CHECK-IN/ CHECK OUT:
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM and ends at 8:00 PM when our office closes. If you plan to arrive past 8:00 PM please let us know and we will do our best to make arrangements with our overnight Caretakers for a late arrival.
- Check-out time is 11:00 AM. Later check-out times may be possible if arranged ahead of time. Extra charges will apply if a late check-out occurs without prior approval.
- All confirmed bookings require a deposit (1st night’s stay) to hold their reservation.
- Failure to show on night 1 will mean the campsite/lodge room can be reassigned by 11:00 AM the following day if there has been no contact with reception to confirm arrangements.
- Long weekend reservations require advance payment in full.
- Prepayment of the entire balance is required upon check-in.
- If you wish to extend your stay, and your site is available, please notify reception before 11:00 AM on your scheduled date of departure.
- The person reserving the site must be planning to camp or stay in the lodge—reserving sites or lodge rooms for others will not be permitted.
- Identification will be required on arrival. Anyone showing up without identification will not be allowed to camp.
- You must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid credit card in your name in order to make a reservation and stay in a lodge room. A lodge room may not be reserved for anyone under the age of 21.
- Maximum room occupancy 2 persons (except Deluxe Room 2 can accommodate 3 people 1 King, 1 Twin) $20 for the extra person if under over 14.
- Continental breakfast included.
- No pets allowed in the lodge.
- Guests will be charged for any missing articles (robes, slippers, towels).
- There are no TVs in the rooms. There is a common lounge area with games and a television.
- There are no cooking facilities for Lodge guests. However there is a mini fridge in the lounge area and a communal fire pit out back of the lodge that guests can use.
- Our cafe has a daily menu and will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner when we have guests staying with us.
- Campsite permit holders must be at least 18 years of age.
- The permit holder is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their family and other guests.
- Report to the lodge reception for check-in and payment.
- Valid government-issued ID required at time of check in.
- Check-in is available after 3:00 PM Check-out time is by 11:00 AM
- If you wish to change campsites, the change must be cleared with reception prior to occupying the site.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or animal without notice or reason.
- Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for violating property rules, destructive behaviour, or creating a disturbance. To protect our campers and lodge guests, trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Kasiks Lodge & Campground is a family-oriented property. We ask that everyone behave in a respectful manner.
- Quiet time is 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Generators and music must be turned off between these hours. Excessive noise or loud music is not permitted at any time.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property after 10:00 PM. The permit holder is responsible for his or her guests.
- Maximum 5 persons per site.
- Any after-hours emergencies can be referred to our onsite security. In the case of an acute health emergency, please call 911.
- Anyone who fails to comply with campground regulations will be required to vacate the property immediately. No refunds will be provided.
- Kasiks Lodge & Campground is not responsible for any loss of or damage to any personal or private property. Please keep all valuables stored and locked away.
- Campers accept the risk of camping on a treed forest where branches and trees may fall, beside a river that may flood, and where wildlife roams. Kasiks/Kitsumkalum Economic Development Group will not be held responsible for any such incidents and/or acts of God (i.e. weather, earthquakes, etc.)
- All fires must be monitored by an adult.
- Please do not burn garbage.
- Please only use CLEAN firewood (no metals, nails, paint, stains or other chemicals).
- Bundles of firewood are available for purchase inside the lodge and are stored in our maintenance sheds.
- Firewood purchase must occur before 7:00 PM
- Provincial and Regional Fire Regulations must be followed.
- Cutting or chopping trees on or around the Kasiks Lodge & Campground property is prohibited, as is the burning of any Kasiks Lodge & Campground property.
- Do not forage for wood or damage the bushes or other flora.
- Friendly pets with up-to-date vaccinations are welcome in the campground. Due to allergies pets are not permitted in the lodge at this time, however, we have a listing of hotels that allow pets.
- Because there are wild animals in the area, pets must be kept on leash at all times while on our property.
- You are responsible for picking up after your pooch.
- Please do not leave your pets unattended.
- Cats must remain inside your vehicle or on a lead.
- All vehicles must be registered with the reception. A valid parking pass should be on display at all times.
- We are a family campground. Kids are at play throughout our property. Therefore, a speed limit of 8km/h (5mph) is enforced.
- Vehicles are not to be parked on any grass or roadway, or in other campsites. Additional parking is available near the Kasiks Lodge & Campground office.
- Washing of vehicles on Kasiks Lodge & Campground property is not permitted.
- Use of ATV’s & dirt bikes are allowed on Kasiks Lodge & Campground property. Speed limits must be followed and ATV’s & dirt bikes must stay on roads or property trails and not damage the environment. ATV’s & dirt bikes are not to be driven on the lawn. Guests walking have the right of way. NO SPEEDING.
- We’re happy to provide rentals to help you have an more enjoyable stay. If you decide you really like the rental and want to keep any of the items rented we will add on the replacement fee to charge after your stay.
- Smoking of tobacco and cannabis is strictly prohibited in all indoor spaces. Any guest smoking or vaping any substance in any indoor space will be fined $200 and may be asked to leave. Smoking is allowed at designated areas outdoors only (including cannabis).
- Alcohol consumption is permitted within the lodge in compliance with provincial regulations, while our primary emphasis is on maintaining a family-friendly atmosphere. We retain the right to promptly request the departure of any individual who engages in disruptive behaviour due to alcohol consumption, thereby disturbing other guests or staff members.
- Drug use and violence is strictly prohibited and is grounds for immediate removal of guests with no refund.
- Parties are not permitted on the property unless it is a special event rental, in which case separate policies, terms and conditions apply. Please enquire.
Children are welcome but must be supervised at all times. Wild animals including Bear, Coyote, Fox, Moose etc, as well as swampy areas, the highway, river, and other unforeseen dangers all pose serious safety issues. Children should never be unsupervised at the playground, indoors or out.
Kasiks Wilderness Resort reserves the right to refuse or cancel a reservation, at any time, with or without prior notice if there has been a breech of these terms and conditions, in which there would be no refund.
If a cancellation occurs for a reason other than a breach interms and conditions, such as a Force Majeure Event (see below), a full creditto be used within 12 months or a 75% refund will be issued for lodge rooms andfor campground bookings a 75% refund will be issued. FORCE MAJEURE:“Force Majeure Event” means acts of God, flood, fire,earthquake, tsunami, epidemics or pandemics, war or hostilities, terroristthreats or attacks, riots or civil unrest, government order or law, national orregional emergency, labor stoppages, or other similar events beyond thereasonable control of Kasiks Wilderness Resort or the guest.In the event of a Force Majeure event that prevents thefulfillment of a reservation by Kasiks Wilderness Resort or prevents the guestfrom attending their reservation, a full credit amount for lodge rooms will beissued to be used within 12 months of the end date of the “Force MajeureEvent,” or a 75% refund may be issued instead and campground bookings with a75% refund.Kasiks Wilderness Resort will not be liable to the guest forany other expenses incurred or lost due to the cancellation of the reservation.
The Kasiks Wilderness Resort Campground is in the business of providing temporary site accommodation for the travelling public. As such, Kasiks Wilderness Resort endeavours to provide the highest quality of service available. Both the guest/ customer and Kasiks Wilderness Resort recognize that no matter how good the service is or how carefully the campground and lodge are maintained, the possibility of injury still exists. In this respect, the customer and Kasiks Wilderness Resort agree that the Kasiks Wilderness Resort is not an insurer. The daily guest/ customer payment is for the use of the site and facilities only and must not be construed as an insurance against any accidents or injury to guests or loss of personal property or possessions of any kind. Notwithstanding any statute of rule or law to the contrary, Kasiks Wilderness Resort shall not be liable in any way for any claim, loss, damage or expense, including, without limitation, and claim, loss, damage or expense relating to personal injury of the customer or any of their guests of or with the customer service in any respect even if due to negligent performance (including gross negligence). The customer agrees to indemnify Kasiks Wilderness Resort and its employees with respect to any claim, loss, damage or expense, including without limitation any claim by third party arising in any way hereunder. It is Kasiks Wilderness Resort’s recommendation that the customer obtain a separate insurance policy to cover accidents or injury to guests or loss of personal property or possessions of any kind. Please note that the drinking water is tested regularly and is of good quality but has elevated mineral levels.
There are tripping hazards, wild animals, holes, falling branches, vehicles, heavy equipment, river, swamp, highway and other risks year-round. Kasiks Wilderness Resort cannot and will not be held responsible for any damages, injuries, loss, or death that occur to our guests or visitors to the property.