A unique Inn & Event Center shaped by creators for creators, dreamers, & those wanting to get away.
There is no place like Nome!
Join us in this renovated 100-year-old schoolhouse in one of our 11 boutique hotel rooms. Enjoy a meal. Plan an event. Book a unique fiber activity, a tour of our fiber mill or a tour of the schoolhouse.
Located in rural North Dakota, we are a quiet getaway nestled in the beauty of the countryside.
Hotel Rooms: Check-In Starts at 3:00 pm | Check-Out is at 11:00 am
Campsites: There is currently no set Check-In and Check-Out time. We will communicate with you if the campsite becomes full and there becomes a need for a specific time.
Meals in the Dining Room:
All meals must be scheduled prior to Check-In. In order for our chef to best prepare for your stay we ask that you select a meal plan that best fits your needs at the time of your reservation. We also greatly appreciate the courtesy of advanced notice for any requests involving dietary restrictions by calling or emailing (one week advance notice). Additions or Changes at the time of Check-In cannot always be accommodated.
This applies to all meals, appetizers, desserts, upgrades, and allergies/dietary restrictions.
Breakfast is served at 9:00 am. | Lunch is served at 12:00 pm | Supper is served at 6:00 pm
*Thursday evenings we are open from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. On those evenings you do not need to pre-book a meal. We are open restaurant style and you can order off of our Thirsty Thursday menu.
Hotel Room Amenities:
Full Bar On Site (service times may vary)
Mini Fridge, Microwave, and Keurig available
A Peaceful Retreat (no TVs)
Guided School & Fiber Mill Tours available upon request (must be scheduled prior to check-in) – call or contact us to learn more and book your tour.
Want to join us for Lunch or Supper? Here are a few ways to dine with us:
- Thirsty Thursday - The one time a week that we are open like a restaurant. A weekly dining event from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Join us and order off our menu of pizzas, appetizers, entrees, salads, and desserts while enjoying a drink at the bar. A unique atmosphere that is family-friendly.
- Add Lunch - Hotel guests can add a Lunch to their stay for $15 per person served at 12:00 pm.
- Add Supper - Hotel guests can add a Supper to their stay for $20 per person served at 6:00 pm.
- Meal Upgrades - Select a meal upgrade from our list of salads, appetizers, desserts or picnic options - pricing varies.
- Outside Guests - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Upgrades can be purchased for outside guests as well.
All meals are Chef's Choice - with any noted allergies or dietary restrictions taken into account.
In order for our chef to best prepare for your stay all meals, upgrades, and allergies/dietary restrictions must be scheduled and noted prior to check-in. We greatly appreciate the courtesy of a one-week’s notice or selected at the time of your reservation – as not all additions or requests can be accommodated after that one-week window. We buy all of our groceries in small batches to ensure you the freshest, made-from-scratch meals that we can offer.
Property Name: Nome Schoolhouse Inn and Event Center
Street Address: 200 1st Ave
City : Nome - North Dakota
Postal Code : 58062
- ATM on site
- Gift shop
- Meeting rooms
- Air conditioning
- Banquet rooms
- Board games / puzzles
- Breakfast, free
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Designated smoking area
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Fire extinguishers
- Honeymoon / bridal suite
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Property has wheelchair access
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Sun deck
- Toilet with grab rails
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Refunds available up until 10 days before arrival. 50% Refund up until 4 days before arrival. 25% Refund if cancelled by midnight the day before arrival.
No show forfeits full payment.
*Adjustments to the Cancelation Policy are made during severe winter weather.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Nome Schoolhouse, where your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. To ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have established the following policies and guidelines:
Check-In: 3:00 pm
Check-Out: 11:00 am
No set Check-In or Check-Out times. We will communicate with you if the campsites become full and there is a need to set a specific time.
Hotel Meals in the Dining Room:
All meals must be scheduled prior to Check-In (breakfast is included for registered hotel room guests). In order for our chef to best prepare for your stay we ask that you select a meal plan that best fits your needs at the time of your reservation. We also greatly appreciate the courtesy of advanced notice for any requests involving dietary restrictions by calling or emailing (one week advance notice). Additions or Changes at the time of Check-In cannot always be accommodated.
This applies to all meals, appetizers, desserts, upgrades, and allergies/dietary restrictions.
Schoolhouse Inn & Event Center Terms and Conditions: (Campground Policies Below)
Prices and Taxes:
- All rates are quoted in the local currency and are inclusive of applicable taxes, unless otherwise stated.
- Payment for the entire stay, including additional meals, upgrades, and classes, will be required at check-in.
- We accept major credit cards, checks, and cash payments.
- A valid credit card is required upon check-in for incidentals, and a pre-authorization will be processed to cover any potential charges.
- Late check-out may incur additional charges.
Traveling with Minors:
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult.
- Bedding for Pullout Beds and Futons (where applicable) are available upon request and are subject to availability.
- Our hotel is committed to providing accessible facilities for guests with disabilities.
- Please inform us in advance of any special requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Parking is available to the North of the building. Please, use the front of the building for loading and unloading only.
- The hotel is not responsible for any damage or theft that may occur in the parking area.
- We may host events or functions in our facilities. We will strive to minimize any inconvenience to our guests during such events.
- Nome Schoolhouse welcomes one dog of any size for an additional fee of $35 per stay. Dogs are only permitted in rooms 1, 2 and 3. When booking your room, please inform the Nome Schoolhouse that your dog will be traveling with you.
- Please ask us to point out the designated areas on the grounds to walk your dog.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash, in a carrier, or otherwise restrained when in public areas of the School.
- Pets are not allowed in the dining room.
- In the event of a noise complaint you will be allowed the opportunity to respond. If you are unable to satisfy this request you will be required to make other arrangements.
- In the event of any concerns or issues during your stay, please let a staff member or owner know of your concerns.
- We aim to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly.
- The Schoolhouse is not liable for loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings or valuables during your stay.
- Guests are responsible for any damage caused to hotel property and grounds during their stay.
- The Schoolhouse is not responsible for any failure to provide services due to circumstances beyond our control, such as winter weather, natural disasters, or unforeseen emergencies.
- Failure to enforce any of the Nome Schoolhouse's policies does not constitute a waiver of the right to enforce such policies in the future.
- If any part of these policies is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts shall still be valid and enforceable.
Campground Terms and Conditions:
Welcome to the Nome Schoolhouse campsites. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all campers, we have established the following policies and guidelines:
Reservations and Check-In:
- All campers must make reservations prior to arrival. Walk-ins are subject to availability.
- Campers must respect quiet hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM to ensure a peaceful environment for everyone.
- Keep noise levels at a considerate volume during the day to maintain a pleasant atmosphere.
- Campfires are allowed only in fire pits or grills. Follow local fire regulations and attend fires at all times. (Fire Pits/Rings and Grills are not currently provided - ask us about using our large fire ring if you want to plan on a bonfire.)
- There is limited trash receptacles at the Nome Schoolhouse. Please, be prepared to take your trash with you when you leave. Leave no trace—pack out what you pack in.
- If you need to dispose of trash - please let a staff member know and we can assist you.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
- Clean up after your pets to maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Leave your campsite as you found it or in better condition.
- Respect nature by refraining from defacing trees, disturbing wildlife, or harming plant life.
- Generator use is allowed only during designated hours to minimize noise disturbances to other campers.
- Registered campers are responsible for their visitors' behavior.
- Alcohol is allowed on campsites for adults of legal drinking age, but excessive or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
- In case of emergencies, contact the campground office or dial emergency services.
- Changes to reservations are subject to availability and may incur additional fees.
- Cancellations must be made within the specified time frame for a refund, as outlined during the reservation process.
- Campers are responsible for their own safety and the security of their belongings. The campground is not liable for any accidents, injuries, or lost items.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for supervising their children at all times.