The hotel, built in 1928, was named in honor of General James William Denver, one of Wilmington’s most adventurous citizens. General Denver was not only a hero of the Mexican and Civil Wars; he was governor of the “Bleeding Kansas Territory”, US legislator from Colorado and California and the man for whom Denver, Colorado was named.
Property Name: General Denver Hotel
Address 1: 81 West Main St
City : Wilmington - Ohio
Postal Code : 45177
Contact Name: Reception
Phone: (937) 383-4141
- Concierge desk
- Fitness room
- Meeting rooms
- Room service
- On-Site Resturant
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DENVER HOTEL
To help make your stay as comfortable as possible, we would like to familiarize you with the surroundings and the policies of this historic inn.
• Check in times for Tuesday through Sunday are between 4:00 and 8:00 pm.
• Our restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday. When staying outside of restaurant business hours, you are required to schedule a check in time at least 24 hours before arrival. Please call (513) 560-1353 thirty (30) mins prior to your check in time to insure staff is available.
• Checkout is 11:00 am. To insure that each guest receives their room in a clean and expected condition late checkouts are not permitted unless approved by the owner.
• The elevator is original and a beautiful antique, truly one of the highlights of the hotel. However, per the State of Ohio, only hotel employees may operate the elevator. The front stairs are marked and can be used anytime. If you should need assistance with the elevator, please ask. We do our best to accommodate the elevator use as needed, there may be times when it is not available. Due to the historic nature of our building our rooms are not handicapped accessible.
• Per the State Fire Marshal, the maximum number of guests is 2 per single room, 4 per suite. We do not have cots or roll-away beds and do not allow people to sleep on the floor.
• We respect our customers and want all hotel guests to have a wonderful time while staying with us. However, we do reserve the right to ask someone to leave if they are causing a disturbance to others.
• We are proud of our one of a kind building and concerned about the health of employees and guests. For this reason we have chosen to be smoke free. Nowhere in the building is smoking, vaping, or burning of anything permitted. Should you smoke, you will be charged for a professional cleaning service and asked to leave. (minimum charge $250.00) We have have a strict no pet policy. Please make proper accommodations for your pets prior to arrival.
We are pleased that you have chosen to spend time at our Inn, and hope that you enjoy the living history that is The General Denver Hotel