The hotel, built in 1928, was named in honor of General James William Denver, one of Wilmington’s most adventurous citizens. General Denver was not only a hero of the Mexican and Civil Wars; he was governor of the “Bleeding Kansas Territory”, US legislator from Colorado and California and the man for whom Denver, Colorado was named.
One of the most important aspects of The General Denver is its restaurant and pub. With the amazing help of Executive Chef, Jennifer Purkey, and a team of dedicated staff, the restaurant at the hotel is highly regarded. Chef Purkey brings traditional and creative cuisine to its loyal customers. Her husband Matt Purkey brings extensive knowledge on the latest microbrews and cocktails as the Beverage Director.
A complimentary breakfast is offered Tuesday-Saturday from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM. NO BREAKFAST will be offered on Sunday, Monday, or any day the restaurant is closed.
Each guest room at the hotel is different and unique. No cookie-cutter here. All guests will wake up to a homemade breakfast included with their stay. The General Denver hotel has seen a great deal of history, come be a part of the story….
Property Name: General Denver Hotel
Address 1: 81 West Main St
City : Wilmington - Ohio
Postal Code : 45177
Contact Name: Reception
Phone: (937) 383-4141
- Concierge desk
- Meeting rooms
- Room service
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DENVER HOTEL
To help make your stay as comfortable as possible, we would like to familiarize you with the surroundings and the policies of this historic inn.
• Check in times for Tuesday through Saturday are between 4:00 and 8:00 pm.
• Our restaurant is closed Sunday evenings and all day Monday. When staying outside of restaurant business hours, you are required to schedule a check in time 24 hours before arrival. Please call our after hours number 30 mins prior to your check in time to insure staff is available.
• Our lobby is not staffed 24 hours, but someone is always on premise and available. Please call our after hours number during non-restaurant hours if you need assistance.
• Checkout is 11:00 am. To insure that each guest receives their room in a clean and expected condition late checkouts are not permitted unless approved by the owner.
• Breakfast is included with your stay and is served on the main floor. Tuesday through Saturday the meal is served between 6:30 and 9:00 am. We also offer the choice to have a breakfast ready To Go anytime between 6:30 and 9:00 am. You will choose the option you prefer at check-in. If you choose To Go please let the front desk know by 9:00 pm.• Room charges are permitted, but an automatic 20% gratuity will be assigned to all such charges.
• The elevator is original and a beautiful antique, truly one of the highlights of the hotel. However, per the State of Ohio, only hotel employees may operate the elevator. The front stairs are marked and can be used anytime. If you should need assistance with the elevator, please ask. We do apologize, our rooms are not handicapped accessible.
• As with any historic building, we have our quirks. Please be careful not to run the space heater or fan while using a blow dryer as it will blow a fuse.
• For the safety of our guests, the front door is locked at night. All guests have a key for easy access. You may always exit the building without a key should an emergency arise. Keys are due to the front desk at the time of checkout, otherwise an additional charge of $25 will be charged to your credit card.
• Unfortunately accidents do happen. If anything is broken, please let us know as soon as possible. Any damage caused to rooms, or items taken from the rooms will be charged to your credit card. We are not responsible for any personal belongings that may be lost, stolen, or damaged during your stay.
• Per the State Fire Marshal, the maximum number of guests is 2 per single room, 4 per suite. We do not have cots or roll-away beds and do not allow people to sleep on the floor.
• We respect our customers and want all hotel guests to have a fabulous time while staying with us. However, we do reserve the right to ask someone to leave if they are causing a disturbance to others.
• We are proud of our one of a kind building and concerned about the health of employees and guests. For this reason we have chosen to be smoke free. Nowhere in the building is smoking, vaping, or burning of anything permitted. Should you smoke, you will be charged for a professional cleaning service and asked to leave. (minimum charge $250.00) We have have a strict no pet policy. Please make proper accommodations for your pets prior to arrival.
We are pleased that you have chosen to spend time at our Inn, and hope that you enjoy the living history that is The General Denver Hotel