*Please contact management for specifics of room layouts
- 1 King, main level, common bath w/ shower adjacent
- 2 Queens, upper level, common full bath adjacent
- 1 Queen, upper level, attached bath w/ shower
- *Please contact management to discuss occupancy details
- 1 bath w/ shower, main level
- 1 full bath, upper level
- 1 bath w/ shower, upper level
- 1 bath w/ shower, lower level
Smart Home w/ central sound and scene lighting
Follow us on Instagram @lakemoretc for more photos and updates on our property!
Property Name: Lakemore Resort
Address 1: 1763 Memory Lane
City : Traverse City - Michigan
Postal Code : 49696
Contact Name: Tricia Adams
Phone: (231) 947-6673
- Gift shop
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
If cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date: full refund minus the processing fees assessed with 1st payment (3% for CC payments, $10 for Electronic Bank Transfers)
If cancelled 59 days or less prior to the Check-in Date, no refund
Terms and Conditions
Rental Agreement, to be signed electronically after online payment is made. Minimum age to rent is 30 years old. Rental agreement Draft is printed below:
This Short Term Weekly Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Lakemore Resort, LLC (“Homeowner” or “We”, “Us” or “Our”) and You (“Guest” or “You”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: This Agreement entitles You to use one Lakemore Resort home and exterior grounds, including the dock, and premises located at:
1751, 1755, 1763, 1825, 1827, 1839 or 1841 Memory Ln Traverse City, MI 49696 (whichever your reservation indicates)
The property (“Property”) is furnished and includes linens, towels, and full-service kitchen, beach access, dock, gas grill and hot tub, canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and other amenities offered, including, without limitation, those made available on the premises, though subject to change (hereinafter “Amenities” and collectively incorporated into and referred to as the “Property”). BY USING ANY AND ALL AMENITIES, YOU RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE US FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, AND NEXT OF KIN, FOR ANY CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OBLIGATIONS, LAWSUITS, CHARGES, COMPLAINTS, CONTROVERSIES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES OF WHATSOEVER KIND, NATURE, OR DESCRIPTION, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH YOUR (OR YOUR CHILD/WARD’S) UTILIZATION OF THE AMENITIES.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and those identified in the Booking Confirmation only. All members of the Rental Party agree to the terms of this Agreement, though Guest is ultimately responsible for compliance with all of the obligations of this Agreement. By accepting this Reservation, it is agreed that Guest and Your invitees are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the Property or others whom they invite to use the premise.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 8 adults and up to 5 addtional children, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Homeowner.
4. Term of the Reservation: The reservation begins at 4 p.m. on the date set forth in your online booking "checkin date" and ends at 10 a.m. on the date set forth in your online booking "checkout date" It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short-term vacation rental agreement and is not a reservation or other long-term residential tenancy agreement, creates no Property rights for Guest and no rights for renewal or recurring usage, absent separate written agreement. This Agreement is not a Time-Share sale, a Plan of Time-Share Development or a Vacation Club.
5. Rental Rules and Additional Terms and Conditions: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules and additional Terms and Conditions attached, all of which are incorporated into this Agreement, at all times while at the Property and shall cause all members of the Rental Party and anyone else Guest permits on the Property to abide by the same at all times while at the Property.
6. Rental Rate, Fees and Payment You agree to pay the rent and all fees to Homeowner as outlined in the attached quote or invoice.
A Reservation Deposit equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Total Amount Due is due upon signing this Agreement, with the Total Amount Due no later than sixty (60) days prior to your Check-In Date. No reservation is effective until receipt by Homeowner of the Total Amount Due. Any check returned by the bank or other payment charge-back for any reason will be charged a $50 fee and possible cancellation of the Reservation. Your Security Deposit will be refunded within thirty (30) days of departure, provided no damage to the Property, or anything provided therein and thereon, or additional charges have occurred. Guest will be notified of any damage and additional costs in writing. Guest, by signing below, assumes full responsibility for any items found to be missing and any damage, including, without limitation, excessive utility usage, except in the case of normal wear and tear reported and damage found and reported to Homeowner upon arrival.
Acceptable payment methods are credit card or direct deposit (ACH). In the event of credit card payment, an additional 3% charge will be owed by Guest.
7. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
If cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date: Full refund minus processing fees (3% if CC used, or $10 if Electonic Bank Transfer)
0% if cancelled 59 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
If, at 59 days or less prior to the Check-in Date, the Guest cancels this Agreement and the Reservation Deposit and any other portion of the Total Amount Due (if received by Homeowner) will be forfeited unless Homeowner is able to re-rent the Property under the same (or better) terms and conditions of the Reservation. If the Property is re-rented under the same (or better) terms and conditions of the Reservation, Homeowner will refund all deposits and payments received, less a Cancellation Fee of $300.
Failure to pay the Total Amount Due when due will be considered a cancellation of the Reservation. No refunds or discounts are given for late arrival or early departure. No refund or discount will be made for any reason, including, without limitation, inclement weather or Guest’s dissatisfaction with the Property.
8. Repairs and Maintenance: Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to Homeowner’s attention immediately, and in no event more than within 24 hours of occurrence, or Guest will be held responsible for repairs resulting from damage or unaddressed maintenance. Homeowner will not be responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Guest or its invitees, and Guest will be charged for the same.
Homeowner and Guest agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, and its incorporated Rental Rules and Terms and Conditions, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
1. NO Smoking. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the Property, including the enclosed porch. Evidence of smoking inside the Property will result in immediate termination and forfeiture of all amounts paid and will result in additional cleaning fees to Guest. While smoking is permitted on the outside of the Property, Guest is responsible for ensuring that any smoking products are properly distinguished and product remains, such as cigarette butts, are properly disposed of and not left on the Property.
2. NO Pets. Pets are not permitted unless given written permission from Homeowner.
3. Limited Guests. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the Property. Any other person on or in the Property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. Your Stuff. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. You are solely responsible for maintaining Your belongings when used in and around the Property. You are encouraged to use the security system.
5. Our Stuff. Keep the Property and all furnishings in good order. Do not remove any Property or furnishings from the Property, for any reason, including, without limitation, the iPad, Sonos Sound System and/or other items in or on the Property. Only use appliances, including the outside gas grill, and provided furnishings for their intended uses. You must also:
a. Keep all windows, glass, window coverings, doors, locks and hardware in good, clean order and repair;
b. Not obstruct or cover the windows or doors;
c. Not leave windows or doors in an open position during any inclement weather;
d. Not hang any laundry, clothing, sheets, etc. from any door, window, rail, porch or balcony nor air or dry any of same within any yard area or space, unless so designated for the same;
e. Not cause or permit any locks or hooks to be placed upon any door or window without the prior written consent of Homeowner;
f. Keep all bathrooms, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers and all other water and plumbing apparatus in good order and repair and shall use same only for the purposes for which they were constructed. Guest shall not allow any sweepings, rubbish, sand, rags, ashes or other substances to be thrown or deposited therein;
6. Linens and Departure Maid Service. For your convenience, clean linens are provided upon arrival, including bedding and towels. Departure maid service includes stripping of beds, laundry of all linens, removal of trash and general house cleaning. Charges for extra cleanings for stays lasting longer than 7 days, missing items, repairs or excessive cleaning, such as stains or spoiled food left, will be charged to You and deducted from Your Security Deposit.
7. WIFI Internet, Cable and other Technology Subscription Services. You are responsible for any use and/or additional charges incurred by Homeowner beyond providing of the existing service during the term of your Reservation. Guest’s use of On Demand or other content is at Guest’s discretion and expense, which will be billed to Guest. Guests are prohibited from subscribing to any additional services, such as Premium Channels or Special Event Programs.
8. Parking and Drive. Parking is limited to four (4) automobile-sized vehicles, including in the garage. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. No boat, bus, RV or other parking is permitted, absent separate written and prior arrangements between Homeowner and Guest. You should not obstruct the driveways, sidewalks, courts, entry ways, stairs and/or halls, which shall be used for the purposes of ingress and egress only.
9. Hot Tub. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tubs without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. The Hot Tub is maintained, cleaned and treated with chemicals replenished prior to your arrival, therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
10. Fireplace. Fireplace usage is permitted during the Reservation term. Guest shall not leave the fireplace unattended while in use. The fireplace is non-vented, propane gas unit. Guests are not permitted to insert any objects, including firewood, into the fireplace.
11. Septic and Well. The Property relies upon a septic system and well water. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or wet wipes should be flushed at any time, even if labeled “flushable”. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be responsible for all costs necessary to fix.
12. Fire Pit. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Campfires are not allowed in any location other than the designated fire pit, which should not be moved, and a hose or bucket of water needs to be in close proximity while having a fire. No fires on the beach. Fires cannot exceed the size of the fire pit. Embers need to be extinguished before leaving the fire unattended. Firewood is not provided and must be obtained off site, at Guest’s cost.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand-up Paddle Boards, Row Boats. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. You should inspect the condition of these prior to use and confirm they are safe for their customary use. Life Jackets must be worn in accordance with Michigan Law.
By using, You release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Us from all liability to You, Your personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, for any claims, causes of action, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, damages, costs or expenses of whatsoever kind, nature, or description, whether direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, arising out of or connected with Your (or Your child/ward’s) utilization of the amenities.
14. Noise. The Sherriff’s Office enforces the township quiet hours on Arbutus Lake. No high speed boating is allowed between the hours of 7:30 pm until 11 am daily. Two areas of the lake, the northern most and the southern most, are marked as no-wake zones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You, and not Homeowner, will be responsible for any fees incurred by not abiding by this ordinance. Guest is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential area and, as such, Guest is to be courteous to residents and guests, to be respectful of the rights of others, and not be noisy (including not playing loud music). Please maintain order on the Property and avoid loud or improper noises, or other disruption to neighbors, by keeping all radios, television sets, stereos, etc., turned down to a level of sound that can not be heard by the adjacent Property.
15. Fireworks. Fireworks are not allowed at Lakemore Resort.
16. Beach and Dock. You may use the beach and dock only for their customary purposes.
17. Trash. You must dispose of trash in the designated trash receptacles by depositing all trash, garbage, rubbish or refuse in the locations provided therefore and shall not allow any trash, garbage, rubbish or refuse to be deposited or permitted to stand on the exterior of or within the Property
.Be Smart, have fun and treat Our Homes the way You would want someone to treat Your home. We, and all future guests, appreciate it!
1. RENTAL AMOUNT AND RESERVATION TERM. Homeowner rents to Guest and Guest rents from Homeowner the above-described Property for the stated Term for the Fees set forth in the Reservation, payable in advance of Reservation.
2. SECURITY DEPOSIT. For purposes of this Agreement, the Security Deposit is defined as the amount of $500, unless stated otherwise above. The Security Deposit may be used only for the following purposes:
(a) to reimburse the Homeowner for actual damages to the Property or any ancillary facility that are the direct result of conduct not reasonably expected in the normal course of habitation of a dwelling, and
(b) to pay the Homeowner for all other expenses or bills in arrearage under the Agreement or resulting from use by Guest.Return of Security Deposit. Such deposit shall be returned to Guest, without interest, and less any set off for damages to the Property. If Homeowner withholds some or all of Guest’ security deposit, Homeowner will notify Guest within thirty (30) days after Guest vacates the Property, and Homeowner will include an itemized list of damages and the estimated costs of repair. Guest’ security deposit, or the balance remaining after allowed deductions, will be returned to Guest within thirty (30) days after Guest vacates the Property.
Financial Institution Holding the Security Deposit: Independent Bank 333 W. Grandview Pkwy Traverse City, MI 49684 1-800-832-3724
3. NON-REFUNDABLE CLEANING FEE. Upon the due execution of this Agreement, Guest shall deposit with Homeowner the additional sum as set forth in the Quote as a non-refundable cleaning fee. This fee is not a security deposit. This fee shall not be returned from Homeowner to Guest for any reason.
4. USE OF PROPERTY. The Property shall be used and occupied by Guest as a private, weekly vacation rental, and no part of the Property shall be used at any time during the term of this Agreement by Guest for the purpose of carrying on any business, profession, or trade of any kind, or for any purpose other than as a private vacation rental. Guest shall not allow any other person to use or occupy the Property without first obtaining Homeowner's written consent to such use. Guest shall comply with any and all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and orders of any and all governmental or quasi-governmental authorities affecting the cleanliness, use, occupancy and preservation of the Property. Guest shall indemnify Homeowner against all fines relating to any such violations. Guest further agrees to use of the Property consistent with the Rental Rules, incorporated herein.
5. CONDITION OF PROPERTY. Guest stipulates, represents and warrants that Guest has examined the Property, and that it, along with furnishings, appliances and other items, are at the time of this Agreement in good order, repair, and in a safe, clean and tenantable and usable condition. Guest accepts the Property in an “as-is” condition. HOMEOWNER AND GUEST EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SUITABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, HABITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTIRUAL PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND GUES’TS OBLIGATION TO PAY RENT HEREUNDER IS NOT DEPENDENT UPON THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR THE PERFORMANCE BY HOMEOWNER OF ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER AND, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, GUEST SHALL PAY THE RENT, WITHOUT ABATEMENT, SETOFF OR DEDUCTION, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY BREACH BY HOMEOWNER OF ITS DUTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
6. ASSIGNMENT AND SUB-LETTING. Guest shall not assign this Agreement, or sub-let or grant any license to use the Property or any part thereof without the prior written consent of Homeowner.
7. ALTERATIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS. Guest shall make no alterations to the buildings or improvements on the Property or construct any building or make any other improvements on the Property without the prior written consent of Homeowner.
8. NON-DELIVERY OF POSSESSION. In the event Homeowner cannot deliver possession of the Property to Guest upon the commencement of the Reservation term, through no fault of Homeowner or its agents, then Homeowner or its agents shall have no liability.
9. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. Guest shall not keep on the Property any item of a dangerous, flammable or explosive character that might unreasonably increase the danger of fire or explosion on the Property or that might be considered hazardous or extra hazardous by any responsible insurance company.
10. UTILITIES. Homeowner shall be responsible for arranging for and paying for utility services required on the Property, including, but not limited to, gas, water, heat, cooling, electricity, telephone/cable, and sewage disposition. Guest shall immediately reimburse Homeowner for any utility bill paid by Homeowner for the Property in excess of what has been customarily incurred by Homeowner. Homeowner shall not be liable to Guest for the quality or quantity of utilities, or for any interruption or the supply of such utilities.
11. TAXES & FEES, INSURANCE & COMMON AREA MAINTENANCE. Homeowner shall pay
(a) any and all taxes, including but not limited to, real estate taxes, ad valorem taxes, and sales and use taxes, though such sales and use taxes in Michigan shall be borne by the Guest;
(b) Homeowner’s insurance costs for the Property; and
(c) all costs and expense of every kind and nature paid or incurred by Homeowner in operating, maintaining, repairing, and replacing the common areas of the Property, including but not limited to costs and expenses for: licenses, permits and inspection fees, waste disposal, and Property management fees. Guest is encouraged to procure and maintain for the Reservation Term the following insurance policies:
(i) commercial general liability insurance in amounts of $1,000,000 per occurrence with $2,000,000 in the aggregate or such other amounts as Homeowner may from time to time reasonably require, insuring Homeowner, Homeowner’s agents and their respective affiliates against all liability for injury to, or death of, a person or persons or damage to the Property arising from the use and occupancy of the Property; and
(ii) insurance covering the full value of Guest’s Property and the Property of others on the Property.
12. CASUALTY OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY. Should the Property be destroyed or rendered inhabitable by an Act of God (including, but not limited to, tornados, storms, floods or fires), or by an environmental disaster, or loss of utilities prior to occupancy by Guest, this Agreement shall become null and void, and all payments made hereunder shall refunded to Guest.
13. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. In the event the Property, or any of its contents, are destroyed or damaged, Guest will responsible for the full cost of repair and/or replacement.
14. INSPECTION OF PROPERTY. Homeowner and Homeowner's agents shall have the right at all reasonable times during the term of this Agreement to enter the Property for the purpose of inspecting the Property and for the purposes of making any repairs, additions or alterations as may be deemed appropriate by Homeowner for the preservation of the Property or the building. Homeowner and its agents shall further have the right to exhibit the Property and to display the usual "Available", "For Rent" or similar signs on the Property at any time. The right of entry shall likewise exist for the purpose of remediating any use by Guest that does not conform to this Agreement or to any restrictions, rules or regulations affecting the Property.
15. HOLDING OVER. If Guest holds over after the expiration or termination of the Reservation Term, then the Guest shall pay a daily fee equal to fifteen hundred DOLLARS ($1,500).
16. SURRENDER OF PROPERTY. Upon the expiration of the term hereof, Guest shall surrender the Property in as good a state and condition as they were at the commencement of this Agreement, reasonable use and wear and tear thereof and damages by the elements excepted.
17. QUIET ENJOYMENT. Guest, upon payment of all of the sums referred to herein as being payable by Guest and Guest’s performance of all Guest’ agreements contained herein and Guest’s observance of all rules and regulations, shall and may peacefully and quietly have, hold and enjoy said Property for the term hereof.
18. WAIVER. Guest waives any claim it might have against the Homeowner for any injury to or death of any person or persons or damage to or theft, destruction, loss, or loss of use of any Property, regardless of cause, to the extent the same is insured against under any insurance policy that covers the Property and personal Property
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. HOMEOWNER, ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR DEATH OF OR TO THE GUEST, GUEST’S FAMILY, GUESTS, INVITEES, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OR TO ANY PERSON ENTERING THE PROPERTY RESULTING FROM USE OF THE PROPERTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPROVEMENTS, BETTERMENTS, GOODS, WARES, MERCHANDISE OR OTHER PROPERTY, OR FROM ANY PERSON ON THE PROPERTY. GUEST HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HOMEOWNER, ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS, HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, INJURIES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES INJUNCTIONS, SUITS, ACTIONS FINES, PENALTIES, OR ASSERTIONS OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
(A) ANY INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY, LIFE OR NATURAL RESOURCES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH GUEST’S OCCUPANCY OF AND/OR USE OF THE PROPERTY;
(B) ANY INTENTIONAL CONDUCT OR NEGLIGENCE OF GUEST OR GUEST’S AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OR INVITEES;
(C) ANY BREACH OR DEFAULT IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY OBLIGATION ON GUEST’S PART TO BE PERFORMED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR
(D) THE FAILURE OF ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY MADE OR OTHER COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT BY GUEST HEREIN TO BE TRUE WHEN MADE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY THE INTENTION ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF HOMEOWNER. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOMEOWNER’S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID OR OWED BY GUEST TO HOMEOWNER FOR THE RESERVATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOMEOWNER HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO GUEST FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PROPERTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AS PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS INDEMNITY SHALL SURVIVE THE EXPIRATION OR EARLIER TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT AS TO CLAIMS RISING OUT OF EVENTS THAT OCCUR PRIOR TO TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION AND GUEST’S COVENANTS TO PROVIDE INSURANCE AS PROVIDED IN THIS LEASE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXTEND TO HOMEOWNER’S INDEPENDENT LIABILITY, WHICH INDEPENDENT LIABILITY SHALL MEAN ANY LIABILITY THAT IS NOT ASSERTED ON A RESPONDENT SUPERIOR THEORY BASED ON GUEST’S CONDUCT.
20. ATTORNEYS' FEES. Should it become necessary for Homeowner to employ an attorney to enforce any of the conditions or covenants hereof, including the collection of rentals or gaining possession of the Property, Guest agrees to pay all expenses so incurred, including a reasonable attorneys' fee.
21. RECORDING OF AGREEMENT. Guest shall not record this Agreement on the Public Records of any public office. In the event that Guest shall record this Agreement, this Agreement shall, at Homeowner's option, terminate immediately and Homeowner shall be entitled to all rights and remedies that it has at law or in equity.
22. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE. This Agreement shall be governed, construed and interpreted by, through and under the Laws of the State of Michigan. Venue for enforcement shall be the courts of the State of Michigan, and Guest hereby irrevocably consents to such courts having exclusive jurisdiction related to this Agreement and/or Property.
23. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof shall, for any reason and to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, neither the remainder of this Agreement nor the application of the provision to other persons, entities or circumstances shall be affected thereby, but instead shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law.
24. NON-WAIVER. No indulgence, waiver, election or non-election by Homeowner under this Agreement shall affect Guest’ duties and liabilities hereunder.
25. MODIFICATION. The parties hereby agree that this document contains the entire agreement between the parties and this Agreement shall not be modified, changed, altered or amended in any way, including via any course of dealing, except through a written amendment signed by all of the parties hereto.
26. NOTICE. Any notice required or permitted under this Reservation or under state law shall be deemed sufficiently given or served if sent by United States certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed as follows:If to Homeowner to:
Lakemore Resort, LLC
Attn: Tricia Adams
P.O. Box 6445
Traverse City, Michigan 49696
With a copy via email to: email@example.com Homeowner and Guest shall each have the right from time to time to change the place notice is to be given under this paragraph by written notice thereof to the other party.
27. PHOTO RELEASE. Guest, on behalf of itself and any and all other guests and invitees to the Property, hereby authorizes Homeowner permission to use, perpetually and royalty-free for no compensation, its likeness in a photograph, whether taken by Homeowner or provided by Guest, in any and all publications and advertising mediums, including, without limitation on Homeowner’s websites and social media accounts.
28. TRUTH IN RENTING ACT NOTICE. The following notice is required by Michigan law (MCLA 554.634). NOTICE: Michigan law establishes rights and obligations for parties to rental agreements. This agreement is required to comply with the Truth in Renting Act. If you have a question about the interpretation or legality of a provision of this agreement, you may want to seek assistance from a lawyer or other qualified person.
29. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Guest agrees that it understands and accepts, and is able and authorized to accept, this Agreement.