The world-famous Motel Safari on Historic Route 66 in Tucumcari, New Mexico, has been a Mother Road icon for over 60 years! We invite you to skip the big chains and experience road travel the way it used to be. Enjoy an authentic slice of Americana with mid-century modern accommodations that don't sacrifice today's comforts and amenities. Relax on Sealy Posturepedic pillow-top mattresses, enjoy 40" HDTVs with premium DirecTV, groove with Tivoli Audio BT One streaming Rte 66 Radio, cool off with remote-controlled Frigid-Aire, refresh with Speakman Anystream showerheads, stay connected with fast, free WiFi, and wake up to in-room Keurig coffee makers. And you can park right at your room! Head outside to unwind on the patio, enjoy the fire pit and visit with fellow travelers. We're centrally located, close to dining, shopping and attractions, with many just a short walk away. When getting your kicks on 66 in Tucumcari, make the Motel Safari your home away from home. Just look for the camel!
Property Name: Motel Safari
Street Address: 722 E Route 66 Blvd
City : Tucumcari - New Mexico
Postal Code : 88401
Contact Name: Larry Smith
Phone: (575) 461-1048
- Gift shop
- Accessible Parking
- Air conditioning
- Common areas disinfected daily
- Daily Housekeeping
- Family rooms
- Fire extinguishers
- Fireplace, outdoor
- Guest parking
- Guests can opt out of daily room cleaning
- Kids' TV channels
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Picnic area
- Self-service laundry
- Smoke alarms
- Towels changed upon request
- In-Room Coffee Maker
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Late Check-out Hour: 11:00 AM
Late Check-out Fees: $25.00
Late check-out (after 10:00 AM and before 11:00 AM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
By booking a room with us, you are acknowledging and agreeing to these terms.
- A valid driver's license and credit card are required at check-in.
- CHECK-IN begins at 3:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME. Early check-ins are allowed only with advance approval. To maintain our high standards, we are typically preparing for the day's arrivals up to open time. Please time your arrival for 3:00 or after. If you do arrive early, please explore our town or enjoy our patio area.
- CHECK-IN ends promptly at 10:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME. We do NOT allow late check-ins. The Motel Safari is a small motor court, and late arrivals are disruptive to our guests already settled in for the evening. Please allow some cushion with your travel time when booking.
- CHECK-OUT ends at 10:00am MOUNTAIN TIME. Later check-outs must be approved in advance or are otherwise subject to an additional fee of $25 up to the first hour, plus $10 any additional hour(s).
- PETS: We do NOT allow pets, nor are they allowed to be left overnight in a vehicle. There's plenty of pet-friendly lodging in Tucumcari; please do not sneak them into our rooms. ***If any sign is detected upon check-out that a pet has been in a guest room, the guest(s) will be subject to a $100 cleaning fee.
- SERVICE DOGS: In accordance with respective laws and guidelines, certified service animals are allowed, though we do ask that you let us know in advance at the point of booking, as we do our best to contain them to a select few guest rooms.
- SMOKING: All guest rooms are NON-SMOKING. This includes cigarettes, cigars, marijuana, e-cigarettes, and vaping. Ashtrays are provided outside guest rooms and on the patio for cigarette smoking. Please note that smoking marijuana is prohibited on the property. ***If any sign is detected upon check-out that our smoking policy has been abused in a guest room, the guest(s) will be subject to a $100 cleaning fee. If the room is deemed unusable for any number of nights due to resulting odors, additional compensation will apply.
- PARKING: The Safari is a u-shaped, one-level motor court with parking available directly in front of each guest room. There is also ample parking for trailers and larger trucks, though we do ask that you please let us know in advance if you will require extra space for your vehicle(s).
- BOOKING: As an owner-operated motel, we do not have a 24/7 staffed front desk, so we greatly appreciate those guests who are able to book with us directly online through our website. If you prefer to call, please do so 7:00-10:00am or 3:00-10:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME.
- DISCOUNTS: Due to ever increasing operating costs, we have temporarily stopped offering discounts. Instead we are aiming to keep our rates as low as possible for all our valued guests. We appreciate your understanding in these economically challenging times.
- CANCELLATIONS: Any cancellation must be made prior to 3:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME one day in advance of the scheduled arrival date. Any cancellation after the deadline will be charged 100%, though any subsequent night charges will be waived. Any no-show is automatically considered a cancellation, and the room will be charged 100%. We ask that groups and special events please notify us of cancellation three weeks prior to arrival date.
- KEY RETURN: Upon check-out, please return room key to the front desk or to the drop box located near the office. If key is not returned, guest(s) will be charged $25 to re-key the room's locks.
- INCIDENTALS: All guest rooms are inventoried upon check-out. Missing, damaged or destroyed items or fixtures will be subject to a charge based on the replacement value of item and/or cost of repair.