Take a step back in time for a refreshingly sophisticated island holiday at the Ledgelets Cottage Colony. The serene atmosphere instantly lulls you into a soothing, restful state of relaxation. Wake to the chirping birds, and fall asleep to the choral tree frogs. The refurbished cottage interiors and pool terrace have been created with a modern vintage, boho-luxe vibe. To us, nostalgia is a very cool thing.
Property Name: The Ledgelets Cottage Collective
Address 1: 6 Ledgelets Drive
City : Somerset - Sandys
Postal Code : MA06
Contact Name: John Young
- Baggage storage
- Gift shop
- Photo copying service
- Swimming pool
- Welcome Drink
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- For notice received twenty one (21) or more days prior to the check-in date, LCC will refund 100% of payments received.
- For notice received less than twenty-one (21) days prior to check-in date, LCC will refund 50% of payments received.
- For notice received seven (7) days or fewer prior to check-in date, Guest will be liable for 100% of the contracted amount less tax, cleaning fees.
Terms and Conditions
Rental Agreement - Terms and Conditions
The Ledgelets Cottage Collective is pleased to offer our Bermudian homes for all of our visitors to share and enjoy. Please bear in mind that the cottage you are renting is part of a collective group of cottages, made up of Vacation Rentals and Private Residences. To ensure the quality of our cottages and the peace and quiet of our neighbourhoods, all occupants must adhere to the guest code of conduct and our rental terms and conditions. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Identification and use: The names and age of lead contact on the reservation, and proposed use of the property must be provided. The lead contact must be present throughout rental period and must be 25 years of age or older.
- Maximum Occupancy: Guests shall not exceed the number of adults and children published on the cottage listing. Additional daytime guests must be approved in advance by LCC. Daytime guests will be limited based on existing occupancy numbers on property and at the discretion of LCC. All unregistered guests must depart the property prior to 11:00 PM.
- Noise: The Ledgelets Cottage Collective is located in a very quiet neighborhood with few adjacent neighbors. Guests must keep the volume of voices and music to a reasonable level and bring conversations indoors after 10:00 p.m. and close windows and doors to keep any noise inside. House parties, pool parties and/or large unauthorized gatherings are strictly prohibited and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds.
- Trash: All other garbage/recyclable items should be bagged, tied closed, and placed only in the trash or recycle bin. Bermuda only recycles glass and tin. Trash pickup is on Monday and recycling pickup occurs every other Thursday.
- Parking: Do not exceed the designated amount of parking provided on the property. Do not block neighboring driveways or use others parking spots, and maintain access for emergency vehicles at all times. The grey KIA Soul and Red KIA Soul belong to the owners and must have unimpeded access in and out of the driveway.
2. CANCELLATION: Should Guest wish to cancel their reservation, the notice of cancellation must be in writing and Guest is responsible to verify receipt and confirmation in writing from LCC.
For notice received twenty-one (21) or more days prior to the check-in date, LCC will refund 100% of payments received.
For notice received less than twenty-one (21) days prior to check-in date, LCC will refund 50% of payments received.There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction activity, inclement weather, or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. If the Home becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration, or loss of utility services, LCC’s liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation by LCC. In the event LCC cancels the reservation; LCC will attempt to substitute the Home with a like-kind. All monies received will be refunded to Guest within 7 business days of confirmation of notice of cancellation.
For notice received seven (7) days or fewer prior to check-in date, Guest will be liable for 100% of the contracted amount less tax, cleaning fees.
3. TERMINATION: LCC or its agent has the right to inspect and photograph the condition of the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any occupants violate the terms of this Agreement, Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination. Guest is notified that all individuals occupying the cottage will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under the law. LCC and/or its agents may enter the premises and remove Guest, the members of Guest's party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the Home for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 18 years of age, house parties, pool parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement are prohibited.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT TERMS: 50% of the total room rate is due upon signature of this agreement.The remaining balance will be due 24 hours prior to arrival. Accepted forms of payment are bank transfer or wire transfer, or PayPal. Should Guest fail to make the final payment in full by the due date, LCC may in its sole discretion deem the reservation null and void and apply the Deposit to make up the balance. Any remaining monies will be refunded to the Guest. Rates are subject to change and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: If during the dates of occupancy, Guest causes any damage to real or personal property of the Home or premises as a result of inadvertent acts, the total cost of damage will be covered by the Security Deposit. Guest must notify Agency of any damages prior to check out. Any repairs or replacement costs not covered by the Security Deposit will be the responsibility of the Guest. The Security Deposit may also be withheld or surrendered should Guest violate any terms of the agreement. The Security Deposit less any deductions will be returned within 7 days of the departure date. If damaged real or personal property is deemed by LCC to be intentional or because of negligence, reimbursement will be deducted from the Security Deposit. Should LCC be unable to recover costs of repairs or replacements from the Security Deposit, Guest is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.
6. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the home is not ready for check-in you will be notified in advance. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 11:00 AM. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important. If a late check out is required, Guest must make request well in advance.
8. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each Home will be inspected, sanitized, and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave the cottage in the same general condition at Check-In:
a) Trash and discards are appropriately bagged and placed in the garbage receptacle.
b) Cooking and other messes cleaned up and dishwasher started.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been moved (inside and outside the home).
d) All other remote controls left in plain sight.
e) Turn-off lights, heater/air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
f) Make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
9. OCCUPANCY: Guest understands and agrees that cottage shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website listing. Additional non-registered guests must be approved by LCC in advance. All non-registered guests must vacate the premises by 11:00 p.m.
10. AMENITIES: The cottage is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, bath and pool towels, as well as a number of other amenities (see website for full detail). The cottage features a fully equipped kitchen. While some furnishings and amenities are relatively new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear, others furnishing and amenities are antiques and have been a part of LCC and its long history. Extra special care should be taken in consideration of the age of these items. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution, or other reasons. LCC provides soaps, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items. Towels (except beach towels) and linens are not to be taken from the cottages.
11. TELEPHONES: Landline phones are provided for local calls only. Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialling 911.
12. DISTURBANCES: Guest and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors, and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Outdoor noise or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
13. GUEST`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Guest must notify LCC upon arrival to the home. Upon arrival, Guest shall examine the Home, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and appearance of the property, and shall report any deficiencies upon discovery. Guest also agrees to immediately notify LCC of any occurrences that may cause damage to the property or adjacent Homes and to take any necessary measures to mitigate damage. Otherwise Guest may be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Guest acknowledges that unless LCC is notified on the day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Guest will be liable. All damages, breakage, lost or missing items during the occupancy will be Guests responsibility and must be reported to LCC prior to departure.
14. MULTIPLE HOME RENTALS: Should Guest or acquaintance of Guest rent another cottage on the premises, no items shall be moved from cottage to cottage. This will help us maintain appropriate inventory levels. 15. GARBAGE: Guest shall place all food scraps in the garbage and not sinks. All waste generated during the rental period must be disposed of in a lawful manner in trash bags and in the receptacles provided. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts pests. Contact LCC for any removal needed or other concerns. 16. SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the property.
17. SMOKING: Smoking is NOT allowed in any of the buildings or cottages. If smoking does occur on the premises, Guest may be evicted and is financially responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns and the cost of odor remediation and removal and replacement of damaged property.
18. PETS: Pets are prohibited unless otherwise approved and a signed Addendum has been submitted in advance of occupancy. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Guest may and/or pet may be evicted and Guest is responsible to remedy any and all pet damages and the cost of remediation, including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to LCC. This includes any refunds or costs necessary to relocate or compensate for the relocation of future guests until remediation is completed.
19. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the cottage and that Guest does not intend to make the cottage a residence or household.
20. OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access any of the owner`s storage areas, even if unlocked, which contains the owner’s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
21. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The cottage is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. It is the duty of the Guest to locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants of the location, and inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
22. SMOKE DETECTORS: The cottage has smoke detectors installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
23. PARKING: Guest parking is located in the main larking loot in designated areas. Please do not block the charging bollards for electric vehicles, or the owners vehicles.
24. SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own and to the Home security by locking doors, windows, etc. when it`s prudent to do so and always when the home is unoccupied.
25. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without the prior consent of Agency.
26. LOST ITEMS: Agency shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. There will be a minimum $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest`s request. LCC shall not be held liable for the condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days may be donated or sold.
27. TV/CABLE/INTERNET: Services are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences in regard to service.
28. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78 degrees and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
29. POOL: The pool is for the exclusive use of LCC guests only and is shared with the owners and their family. There is no lifeguard on duty and guests assumes all responsibility when using the pool. Guest understands that the area surrounding the pool is not be fenced or secure. Guest also understands and agrees to be responsible and liable and will pay LCC upon request for any damages that occur to the pool, furnishings and related systems because of tampering, misuse, and/or negligence. LCC strictly prohibits any type of horseplay or running on pool deck, and there is to be no diving or jumping in to the pool. There is to be no swimming after 11pm.
30. ELECTRIC VEHICLES: LCC has available two electric charging bollards to charge electric vehicles. Guest will assume any and all liability with regard to use.
31. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event, the cottage sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, LCC will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit LCC or its service provider to have reasonable access to the cottage to inspect and make such repairs. LCC shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
32. OTHER OCCURRENCES: LCC does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction disturbances, pandemics, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays, ruined expectations, or departures due to work and family emergencies, illness, unavailability of any or all parts of the cottage, or any other reasons. It is highly recommended that Guest purchases travel insurance.
33. SALE / LEASE OF HOME: If Home is actively listed for sale or lease, LCC may notify Guest to schedule and show Home.
34. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: The Ledgelets Cottage Collective is an old property with a number of stairs and uneven walkways. It is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure their guests are aware of this, and that due care and extreme caution are taken while moving around the property. This is especially important for those who may have difficulty walking or seeing clearly. It is the Guests responsibility to practice and explain safety precautions to other occupants. Guests are made aware that LCC maintains Bee Hives on property and that there are at all times bees in and around the pool and garden areas. Guests are also made aware that the owners have a cat that is frequently present throughout the property. Guest understands that there are special risks involved for anyone, particularly children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kind of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks associated with and use of the cottage as well as the property to all occupants at the cottage. Guest agrees to instruct all guests on premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property including roof-tops, walls and ledges. Swimming pools is not fenced, and special care should be taken. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility to make all occupants aware of risks and for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against the homeowner or LCC for accidents or claims.
35. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If for any reason, the cottage is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made to locate substitute accommodations. If the substituted accommodation rents for more for the same period, or remaining period respectively, Guest will have the option to pay any additional charges or cancel the reservation within 72 hours of notification of Guest by LCC. However, if the substituted accommodation rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Guest. In any event, the sole remedy for any perceived damages, liability, or inconvenience is a full refund of the rental amount upon Guest cancellation. It is highly recommended that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
36. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest and all occupants shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless LCC and its owners against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage, or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Owner may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
37. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges LCC and its Owners from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold LCC and its Owners free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties, or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors, or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
38. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing by LCC in advance. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Bermuda. Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney`s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by LCC enforcing this agreement.
39. ELECTRONIC CONSENT: By checking the box and clicking on the "I AGREE" button, Guest is consenting to the use of an electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. Guest has the right to request to sign a paper copy instead. By checking the I AGREE button, Guest waives that right. After consent, Guest may, upon written request to LCC, obtain a paper copy of the electronic record. No fee will be charged for such copy and no special hardware or software is required to view it. Guests agreement to use an electronic signature for any documents will continue until such time as Guest notifies LCC in writing that you, the Guest no longer wishes to use an electronic signature. There is no penalty for Guest withdrawing this consent. Guest should always ensure that LCC has a current email address on file to contact Guest regarding any changes, if necessary.