Our mission is to further establish Chattanooga as an ultimate outdoor destination by providing a base camp and community hub for adventurous travelers. This has led us to our dream of opening an uncommon hostel in the heart of downtown, combining the affordability and camaraderie of a traditional hostel with the charm and cleanliness of a boutique hotel. New construction ensures the highest standards of craftsmanship and energy efficiency. As outdoor adventurers, we pursued construction and operation techniques built on reclaimed and renewable resources in order to minimize our impact on the environment.
While The Crash Pad welcomes all travelers, we’ve taken special care to maximize the experience of those who come to play in the mountains and rivers that surround our city. Detailed information will be readily available for the wealth of climbing, biking, running, kayaking and all other sports accessible by a short drive from the hostel. We look forward to helping you plan your adventure.
Property Name: The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel
Address 1: 29 Johnson Street
Address 2 : The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel
City : Chattanooga - Tennessee
Postal Code : 37408
Contact Name: Jordan, Corey, Drexel, or Elliot
Phone : (423) 648-8393
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Photo copying service
- Free WiFi
- Guest Computers
- Full Kitchen
- Free Breakfast
- Outdoor Seating
- Gas Firepit
- Gas Grill
- Slack Line
- Manager On-call 24/7
- Beer Fridge
- Free Extra Linens
- Limited Free Parking
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- No-shows/cancellations within 24 hours of check-in will be charged for the full price of the room.
- No-shows with multiple-night bookings forfeit the entirety of their reservation if we haven't heard from them by 11am the day following their scheduled arrival, in addition to being charged for the second night per our 24-hour cancellation policy.
- For all reservations totaling over $1000, all cancellations must be given 72 hours notice or we will charge you the remainder of each night within the cancellation window.
- The 25% deposit is non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions
- Check-in is between the hours of 4-9 PM EST. There is a $10/bed check-in fee for any check-in after 9 PM EST and a $20/bed check-in fee for any check-in after 11 PM EST. Please note we generally do not accept reservations after 12:30 AM EST.
- The 25% deposit is non-refundable.
- Limited free parking is located behind The Crash Pad and it's sister bar/restaurant, Flying Squirrel, on East 14th Street, which is accessible from Passenger (aka Baldwin) Street.
- Free parking passes are provided upon check-in. There is a $5 replacement fee charged if the pass is not returned upon checkout.
- If you are arriving outside of that window, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance by phone or email.
- Crash Pad staff members have the right to eject or refuse service to anyone who violates our policies or presents a danger to themselves, other guests, and/or the facility.
- Upon check-in, guests must provide a credit card and photo id showing residence outside Hamilton County.
- Please, no extended socializing in the bunk area.
- We charge $20 for each lost key and $5 each for each broken Super Bunk cubby lock, plus any damages to the lock cylinder.
- No food or drink is allowed in the sleeping quarters, with the exception of bottled water.
- We do not allow outside linens. Extra linens are provided free of charge.
- After 9 pm, only checked-in guests are permitted inside the hostel.
- Checkout is at 11 am.
- Alcohol is allowed; drunkenness is not.
- You must be 21+ to drink at The Crash Pad. The staff reserves the right to ID anyone at any time.
- We require all alcohol to be labeled with name and date. We will confiscate any unlabeled alcohol.
- Tampering with or taking another guest’s property, including food and alcohol stored in the shared kitchen, is grounds for ejection.
- Guests disturbing any other guests’ experience will be responsible for any complimentary night that we may have to extend to the disturbed guest(s).
- We will charge $50 for any additional cleanup required by our staff resulting from guest’s behavior. We will also assess any damage done and charge accordingly.
- All Crash Pad property is a drug-free environment.
- Smoking is prohibited inside The Crash Pad and within 25 feet of the building.
- Please help keep our property litter-free.
- Unsafe or inappropriate use of the fire pit, including but not limited to placing items in the fire pit, faces a base penalty of $250 plus the cost of any damages.
- Firearms and fireworks are prohibited on Crash Pad property.
- Guests age 16 and 17 may stay unaccompanied but must bring a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. Also, Crash Pad staff must have spoken or emailed directly with the parent or guardian prior to the guest's arrival.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany and stay at the hostel with guests under 16.
- You must be over 4 feet tall and weigh 80 pounds to stay in a top bunk.
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of guide animals or reservations in the Hemingway Suite. We request that those with service animals stay in a private room.
- Maximum stay is 14 nights. Please inquire at the front desk if you’d like to stay longer.