The Red Door Resort is a family and angler oriented resort on the north shore of Lake Mille Lacs in central Minnesota. Located only two hours north of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, the resort offers premium lodging in our cabins, motel, and fish house and wheel house rentals.
Property Name: The Red Door Resort
Address 1: 38421 State Highway 18
City : Aitkin - Minnesota
Postal Code : 56431
Contact Name: Brian Linne
Phone: (218) 678-3686
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:30 PM
Check-Out: 10:30 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- 15% penalty if within 30 days of reservation
- 25% penalty if within 3 weeks of reservation
- 50% penalty if within 2 weeks of reservation
- Full charge if within 7 days of reservation
Since we are a small, family-owned business, cancellations affect us immensely and we must adhere to this strict cancellation policy, thank you for your understanding.
Terms and Conditions
All rates are subject to tax and service charges, as well as minimum length of stay requirements. Rates are subject to change at any time. Lodging Taxes and Fees include 6.875% State Sales Tax and 3.0% Mille Lacs Tourism Tax.
Arrival and Departure
Check-in is from 3:30 PM onwards. Check-out and departure is prior to 10:30 AM.
All of our accommodations are smoke-free. A $250.00 service fee will be charged to any unit that has been smoked in. Please only smoke outside and properly dispose of your cigarette waste.
If any damage to our property occurs please notify us so we can repair it before the next guests arrives. You are responsible for the cost of any damage to our property unless such damage is due to normal wear and tear or usage. Excessive cleaning fees will be charged after departure to any of our lodging facilities that require an inordinate amount of cleaning time. Excessive cleaning fee will be assessed based on the condition in which the unit was left. We will document the condition of the units with date/time stamped digital photos to support our claim.
Accommodations include all linens/towels for the number of registered guests, small coffee makers, extra blankets/pillows and simple bath amenities. If the unit is equipped with a kitchen/kitchenette it will have a simple set of pots and pans and utensils and dishes for the number of guests allowed in the unit. In an effort to minimize guest/staff contact and any possible virus transmission, midstay housekeeping services for room tidying will not be provided unless specifically requested by the guest. Firewood is available for purchase at the registration and may be used in the outdoor fire rings unless there is a fire ban.
Please read our pet policy and guidelines before deciding on bringing your pet to The Red Door Resort. Pets are allowed in Motel Room 9 and 10; Cabins 11 and 12; and Fish House Rental. Pets are not allowed in other units or in the registration / café. A pet fee of $15.00/night is charged for all pets. We do not allow more than 2 pets in any of our units. Extra Cleaning Service Fees may accrue if our Pet Policy guidelines are not followed. Pet Guidelines: Please keep pets off of the furniture; this includes beds, bunks, couches and chairs. If your pet is accustomed to being on furniture at home we ask that you please bring a sheet or blanket to place over the furniture. If you are not able to or forget one please ask the Front Desk at the time of check in and they will provide one for you.
- Hosting a pet in a non-pet approved accommodation will result in an automatic $150 additional charge.
- If you choose not to use the cover or keep pets off the furniture, an extra Cleaning Service Fee will apply as extraordinary cleaning efforts will be required. The same will apply if we are required to wash the pillows, quilts, blankets, or curtains of pet hair after your stay. Typically, this fee is $50 or more if there has been damage such as stains that will require replacement of the item.
- Please respect other guests and pick up immediately after your dog while on resort grounds.
- Pets are not allowed in or near the swimming beach or in the grassy waterfront area in front of Cabins 20, 21 and 22. Pets are allowed in the harbor.
- Pets must be leashed while on resort grounds--for the safety and the comfort of your pet, other guests, and their pets.
Please note that Mille Lacs Lake is regulated in part by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and policies on targeting certain species, catch and release, etc. are liable to change. Any changes to lake management policies do not release guests from the existing cancellation policies, however you will be entitled to our sincerest sympathy.