Welcome to the Big Island Hostel! Conveniently located in downtown Hilo, we are within walking distance of many local restaurants, shops, the famous Hilo Farmers Market and the Hilo bay front. Beautiful black sand beaches, waterfalls, and many other cultural attractions are only minutes away.
Whether you’re looking to enjoy the quiet, easy lifestyle of Hilo Town, or looking for a launch pad for your Big Island adventures, we are here to help!
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
We accept cancellations and changes via email or by phone (1-808-731-6731). Please note that any cancellations or changes to your reservation must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival time you selected upon booking.. We do charge one full night for cancellations made less than 24 hours before scheduled check in, as well as for no shows. During the Christmas holiday season (Dec 24 - Jan 2), all cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival time to avoid penalty.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Aloha and welcome! We are pleased you have chosen to stay with us for your visit to Hilo!
The policies outlined here are in place for the protection of our guests, staff and visitors.
Please feel free to direct any questions to our front desk. Mahalo!
• Please note: check in time is between the hours of 2:00pm-9:00pm. If you are unable to arrive between these hours, please contact us at 808-731-6731 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to make special arrangements.
• NO food or drinks are allowed inside the bedrooms. Water only is fine. Insects are a big issue in Hawaii and we like to keep our hostel free of them!
• There is NO SMOKING allowed anywhere on the hostel premises. This includes all types of
E-cigarettes and vapes.
• Quiet hours: 10:30pm to 8am. Outside visitors are not allowed during quiet hours.
• NO outside bedding is allowed.
• We strictly operate a one person per bed policy.
• Housekeeping hours are from 12pm to 2pm daily. Staff will be entering rooms for cleaning during this time, and as necessary throughout the day.
• Parking in our lot behind the building is first come, first served, and restricted to one car per reservation. There is additional on street parking in front of the hostel, and across the street in the lot by the Banyan Tree.
• After checking in, no cancellations will be accepted without 3 days (72 hours) notice.
• Check-out time is 12pm (NOON). All personal belongings must be removed from the room by this time. Room re-entry is not allowed after checkout. Luggage storage after check-out is available at the front desk. If you're late to check-out, you will automatically be charged for an additional night. However, this is not an automatic extension of your stay. The front desk can let you know if there is available space. If you are interested in extending your stay, please let the front desk know before 12pm.
• The Big Island Hostel reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason. Please respect our staff and our facility at all times!
Remaining balances are to due upon check-in. These can be paid with cash, credit card or debit card. GET 5% OFF WHEN PAYING CASH!
WHEN CHECKING IN, PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING: 1. VALID PASSPORT OR US STATE ID, 2. PROOF OF RECENT ARRIVAL TO THE ISLAND OF HAWAI’I FROM NEIGHBOR ISLANDS, MAINLAND US OR INTERNATIONAL ORIGINS (IF APPLICABLE).