Welcome to the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, located on picturesque Bearskin Neck in historic Rockport, MA. All of our rooms are directly on the ocean in Sandy Bay Harbor, with the tide stopping just 15 feet from your door!
We strive to help make your vacation experience memorable; from providing you your own parking space, pristine rooms with free cable and WiFi, to outdoor relaxation areas . Enjoy all that Rockport has to offer: beaches, art galleries, gift shops, hiking, music venues, and more.
Wake up to the call of the gulls and the sound of the Atlantic Ocean!
We have two floors here at the Lodge. Please note the second floor is accessible by a staircase (20 steps) and we do not have an elevator.
All of our rooms have their own separate entrances and exits. Unlike traditional Inn, B & Bs, or hotels, our Motor Lodge offers our guests built in social distancing by design. Motor Lodges are making a comeback for additional safety during Covid-19!
Property Name: Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Address 1: 64 Bearskin Neck
City : Rockport - Massachusetts
Postal Code : 01966
- Baggage storage
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If cancelled within 14 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- Check in is between 2 - 7 PM. If you will be arriving later, you will need to contact the hotel to make specific arrangements and do our contact free/express check-in.
- Check out is at 11 AM.
- Payment is due within 24 hours before arrival and we reserve the right to charge the credit card on file 24 hours before a guests arrives. Any guests opting for contact free or express check-in will also have their credit cards charged 24 hours before arrival.
- All rates are double occupancy. $25 addition per night per person. There is no additional charge for children 5 and under. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file within 24 hours of reservation arrival.
- Cancellations: Similar to other local small Inns in the area we have a 14 day cancellation policy. Because we are a small, family owned and operated lodge, cancellations greatly affect us. Reservation & Cancellation Policy: Reservations cancelled or changed (regardless of the reason) within 14 days of arrival date will be responsible for the entire reservation total. No refunds will be issued for early departure. Though we are still dealing with the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, at this point in time all travelers should be aware of the risks traveling during Covid-19. Our cancellation policy will remain firm, including cancellations due to Covid-19. Our cancellation policy is non-negotiable so we strongly recommend travelers consider traveler's insurance for piece of mind. *Reservations for multiple rooms or over 7 room nights may require a booking deposit & be subject to a separate cancellation policy. Any reservations booked online that meets this criteria will be contacted within 24 hours to inform them of a required deposit and/or separate cancellation policy.
- All property and rooms are non - smoking. Violations will result in a $250 service cleaning fee.
- No pets allowed. Service Animals welcome. Please note according to the ADA emotional support, comfort, or therapy animals are NOT considered service animals and will be turned away. If you bring an animal into a room that is not a service animal you will be required to leave and you will not be refunded. If non-service animals are brought in the room, you will also be subject to an additional cleaning fee of no less than $50. https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet
- Damages: We reserve the right to charge a fee for damages incurred to hotel property as a result of hotel occupant or guest(s) of occupant. Any damages that occur will result in fees that will be billed directly to the hotel occupant. These fees may vary depending upon the amount necessary to restore or replace the damaged property or damage to the rooms themselves. We reserve the right to charge a $50 minimum damage fee. There is a $15 lost key charge.
- Accessibility/Requests: We will do our best to accommodate any requests relating to rooms or floor preference. However, due to our small size we cannot meet all requests. Please note that any request is not guaranteed. Additionally please note all first floor rooms have 1-4 stairs to get into the room. If you have a special request or accessibility questions please contact us directly.
- Each room comes with one parking spot. We have 8 rooms and 8 parking spots, so we typically cannot accommodate more than one car per room. We are happy to suggest other areas to park if you will be arriving with more than one car.
- Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding. All special offers and promotions are marked as such. If they are not labeled as such, you cannot derive any rights in the event of obvious errors or mistakes.
- Force Majeure Event Should events beyond Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's control such as, but not limited to an act of God, disease, terrorism, state/government order, damage to the property, or any other cause beyond our control that renders us unable accommodate your reservation we will notify you immediately. If we cannot accommodate your reservation we will offer to rescheduled. If that is not possible, a refund will be issued. In such a case as force majeure, we will terminate the reservation without liability.
- Please note we are following federal, state & town guidelines for the lodging industry regarding safe practices for COVID-19. We follow CDC guidance. We will also be monitoring our employees and any employee who is not feeling well or displaying symptoms will not be allowed to come into work. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and guests. By booking and staying with us you understand the risks of traveling during the COVID-19 crisis. Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge is taking every precaution and will not be responsible for any risk of exposure when traveling. Travel at your own risk. Additionally, we strong recommend travelers purchase travel insurance while traveling during Covid-19. Our cancellation policy is non-negotiable.
- If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, you will notify the front desk immediately via phone and check-out. We recommend anyone who falls ill to go home and self- quarantine for the recommended amount of . If you cannot travel and need to quarantine in the hotel, you may have the option to stay, but only if the room is available. You may not switch rooms. You will also be responsible for the additional charges to extend your stay. Those charges will be the published rate for the dates of your stay on the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's website, plus taxes and fees.
- All guests must adhere to Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's COVID-19 protocols informed by local (town & state) mandates. These protocols will be communicated before check-in via the e-mail given during booking. If a guest refuses to adhere or continually violates these protocols, they will be required to leave without a refund.
- In order to comply with current state regulations, we are encouraging and offering an express contact-free check-in and services. All guests will have the option for contact-free check-in/out. All guests not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask in the main office. Follow this link for Massachusetts Mask Requirements: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-mask-requirements
- We reserve the right to change our COVID-19 policies at any time to comply with CDC, State, & Town protocols.