Welcome to the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, located on picturesque Bearskin Neck in historic Rockport, MA. All of our rooms are directly on the ocean in Sandy Bay Harbor, with the tide stopping just 15 feet from your door!
We strive to help make your vacation experience memorable; from providing you your own parking space, pristine rooms with free cable and WiFi, to outdoor relaxation areas . Enjoy all that Rockport has to offer: beaches, art galleries, gift shops, hiking, music venues, and more.
Wake up to the call of the gulls and the sound of the Atlantic Ocean!
We have two floors here at the Lodge. Please note the second floor is accessible by a staircase (20 steps) and we do not have an elevator.
All of our rooms have their own separate entrances and exits. Unlike traditional Inn, B & Bs, or hotels, our Motor Lodge offers our guests built in social distancing by design. Motor Lodges are making a comeback for additional safety during Covid-19!
Property Name: Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Address 1: 64 Bearskin Neck
City : Rockport - Massachusetts
Postal Code : 01966
- Baggage storage
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If cancelled within 14 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- Check in is between 2 - 7 PM. If you will be arriving later, you will need to contact the hotel to make specific arrangements.
- Check out is at 11 AM.
- All rates are double occupancy. $25 addition per night per person. There is no additional charge for children 5 and under.
- Cancellations: Similar to other local small Inns in the area we have a 14 day cancellation policy. Because we are a small, family owned and operated lodge, cancellations greatly affect us. Reservation & Cancellation Policy. An advance deposit of one nights stay is required, by credit card, before reservations are confirmed. Cancellations will have their deposit returned minus a $50 cancellation fee per room. Reservations cancelled or changed within 14 days of arrival date will not only lose the deposit, but will be responsible for and charged for the entire reservation total. No refunds will be issued for early departure. *Reservations for multiple rooms or over 7 room nights may require a booking deposit & be subject to a separate cancellation policy. Any reservations booked online that meets this criteria will be contacted within 24 hours to inform them of a required deposit and/or separate cancellation policy.
- All property and rooms are non - smoking. Violations will result in a $250 service cleaning fee.
- No pets allowed. Service Animals welcome. Please note according to the ADA emotional support, comfort, or therapy animals are NOT considered service animals and will be turned away. If you bring an animal into a room that is not a service animal you will be required to leave and you will not be refunded. If non-service animals are brought in the room, you will also be subject to an additional cleaning fee of no less than $50. https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet
- Damages: We reserve the right to charge a fee for damages incurred to hotel property as a result of hotel occupant or guest(s) of occupant. Any damages that occur will result in fees that will be billed directly to the hotel occupant. These fees may vary depending upon the amount necessary to restore or replace the damaged property or damage to the rooms themselves. We reserve the right to charge a $50 minimum damage fee. There is a $10 lost key charge.
- We will do our best to accommodate any requests relating to rooms or floor preference. However, due to our small size we cannot meet all requests. Please note that any request is not guaranteed. If you have a special request please contact us directly.
- Each room comes with one parking spot. We have 8 rooms and 8 parking spots, so we typically cannot accommodate more than one car per room. We are happy to suggest other areas to park if you will be arriving with more than one car.
- Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding. All special offers and promotions are marked as such. If they are not labeled as such, you cannot derive any rights in the event of obvious errors or mistakes.
- Force Majeure Event Should events beyond Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's control such as, but not limited to an act of God, disease, terrorism, state/government order, damage to the property, or any other cause beyond our control that renders us unable accommodate your reservation we will notify you immediately. If we cannot accommodate your reservation we will offer to rescheduled. If that is not possible, a refund will be issued. In such a case as force majeure, we will terminate the reservation without liability.
- Please note we are following federal, state & town guidelines for the lodging industry regarding safe practices for COVID-19. We follow the American Hotel & Lodging Association safe stay protocols and CDC guidance. We will also be monitoring our employees and any employee who is not feeling well or displaying symptoms will not be allowed to come into work. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and guests. By booking and staying with us you understand the risks of traveling during the COVID-19 crisis. Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge is taking every precaution and will not be responsible for any risk of exposure when traveling. Travel at your own risk.
- If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, you will notify the front desk immediately via phone and check-out. We recommend anyone who falls ill to go home and self- quarantine for the recommended 14 days. If you cannot travel and need to quarantine in the hotel, you may have the option to stay, but only if the room is available. You may not switch rooms. You will also be responsible for the additional charges to extend your stay. Those charges will be the published rate for the dates of your stay on the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's website, plus taxes and fees.
- All guests must adhere to Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's COVID-19 protocols informed by local (town & state) mandates. These protocols will be communicated before check-in via the e-mail given during booking. If a guest refuses to adhere or continually violates these protocols, they will be required to leave without a refund.
- If a guest falls ill during their stay, we have to comply with Massachusetts & CDC guidelines. The room may need to remain vacant for up to 72 hours before it can be cleaned and re-rented. If this happens and impedes your stay, we will notify you immediately. Our first priority will be to try to accommodate your stay in another room. If the hotel is full (we only have 8 rooms), we will need to cancel or reschedule your reservation. If rescheduling is not possible, we will refund the customer in full. By booking this reservation you are aware your reservation could be cancelled last minute due to COVID-19 complications beyond our control.
- In order to comply with current state regulations, we are encouraging contact-free service. All guests will have the option for contact-free check-in/out. In addition, all guests will be required to call the main office for any questions or to check-in. Guests will be allowed into the office individually to maintain proper social distancing. All guests will be required to wear a mask in the main office and parking lot of Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge. Current Rockport regulations state that all guests must wear a mask inside any business as well as outside in the down town district, which applies to Bearskin Neck. Follow link for detailed information: https://www.rockportma.gov/home/news/downtown-district-map-board-health-face-coveringmask-order
- Social Distancing will be required on the property. The individual room's back deck chairs are spaced six feet apart. We ask that you respect your neighbor's space. The back deck behind the main office is limited to 10 people or less and each party must abide by strict 6 foot social distancing.
- We reserve the right to change our COVID-19 policies at any time to comply with CDC, State, & Town protocols.