Located at the mountainside area of Dalumpinas Oeste, roughly a kilometer away from Surftown, is Dalum, your humble kubo sanctuary. Originally a vacation house for private use, the doors of Dalum are now open to provide rest and relaxation to guests who are looking for some peace and quiet from their busy lives and schedules.
Due to the nature of tourism and leisure traveling in the country, you may cancel your reservation with Dalum at no cost. However, Dalum does not generally allow refunding. Instead, we can accommodate requests for rebooking within twelve (12) months of your original booking date.
Requests for cancellations done seven (7) days or more prior to your check-in will be accommodated with no additional cost.
Request for cancellations done less than seven (7) days prior to your check-in may incur a rebooking fee of PHP 500 per room depending on the circumstances and reasons for request.
Request for cancellation done two (2) days or less prior to your check-in is considered a No Show and forfeit all payments made.
Once tagged as No Show, neither refunding nor rebooking would be an option.
Note: Dalum upholds and adheres to the requirements of the provincial government of La Union in terms of accepting guests. Please check our Instagram page for updates.
1. PRICES AND TAXES. Dalum rooms are rented per hotel night. All published room rates are inclusive of taxes. Dalum reserves the right to change the rates of the rooms without prior notice.
2.1. PAYMENT TERMS. Guests are given two (2) days to settle fifty percent (50%) to confirm their booking reservation. Once sent, guests are responsible to email their proof of payment to Dalum for proper documentation. Guests are also required to settle the remaining balance seven (7) days before the day of check-in.
2.2. CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOWS. Guests who cancel their stay in Dalum will not be refunded. Instead, they may rebook their stay within twelve (12) months of their original booking date. There is no rebooking fee for guests cancelling their stay more than seven (7) days before their original date of stay. For guests cancelling their stay three to six (3-6) days before their stay, a rebooking fee may apply depending on the reason for cancellation. Guests who cancel their stay two (2) days or less prior to their stay will be considered a No Show and all prior payments will be forfeited.
2.3. SECURITY DEPOSIT. Guests are required to provide a security deposit of PHP 2,000 per room. The fee will be used to cover the cost of any damage, stains and other concerns in the room(s) where the guest will be staying in. Guests may pay for this in cash or via GCash upon check-in and will be returned in full should there be no concerns with the guest's rooms.
3. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY AND ADDITIONAL BEDS. The suite, junior suites, and mini-suites can accommodate two (2) adults. These rooms can accommodate an additional person by adding an extra bed for PHP 1,100. The family room can accommodate eight (8) persons.
4. CHECKING IN AND OUT. Check-in is at 14:00 and check-out is at 11:00. Due to the limited capacity of our kubo, Dalum rarely allows early check-ins and late check-outs. Should guests be allowed to check out late, they will be charged an extra PHP500.00 per hour. Room keys are issued to the registered guests, and should be returned to the Property Manager or Caretaker upon check-out.
5. HOUSE RULES. Dalum operates as a homestay. As such, guests are required to follow certain house rules during their stay:
Peace and Privacy. As Dalum is located in a private residential area, we implement quiet time from 22:00 (10pm) to 6:00 (6am). We also do not allow visitors in the kubo aside from the checked-in guests. Always be mindful of other guests. The kubo is sound-sensitive so carry your feet when walking around. The use of Bluetooth speakers should be avoided during quiet time, and should be limited to a particular volume level at all times.
Common Areas. Guests are allowed in any of the common areas, including the kitchen area, dining area, and lounge areas. Dalum practices CLAYGO (Clean As You Go). Guests are also requested to turn off the lights at the common areas if they are the last ones to retire for the night.
Swimming Pool. Guests are allowed to use the swimming pool from 8:00 (8am) to 21:30 (9:30pm). Showering is required before using the pool. Minors are not allowed to swim in the pool unattended. Rough play, shouting, and any other behavior that may cause accidents are not allowed. Eating and drinking in the pool are not allowed either.
Units for Common Use. Guests are free to use the refrigerator and the microwave. They may also use the bikes, yoga mats and balance boards. Balance boards must only be used on the first floor. Beach mats and beach chairs can also be borrowed by guests.
Room Maintenance. Housekeeping is available to assist guests almost every day. Guests, however, must make sure that their rooms remain relatively clean. Linen and towels can be changed every three days. Guests are also discouraged to go on the beds with their wet clothes on. Wet clothes may be hung on the ladder inside the bathroom or outside the kubo near the bath house. Guests are also required to turn off the lights and air conditioning units in their rooms when stepping out.
Food and Beverages. Dalum does not serve food yet, so bringing in food from any other establishment is allowed. While snacks are allowed, eating of full meals inside the rooms is highly discouraged. There is also a full-functioning kitchen and a grill for guests' use. Dalum sells beer and other hard liquor. Guests can bring in their own alcoholic beverages for a corkage fee of PHP 300 per bottle. Dalum also has a coffee nook where they can make their own coffee at any time of the day.
Smoking and Vaping. Smoking and vaping is not allowed inside the kubo. There is a designated smoking and vaping area in the premises.
Children and Pets. Dalum is a pet-friendly kubo. You may bring your pets provided that you inform us ahead of time. We also charge PHP 500 per room per night as pet cleaning fee for every stay. Pets are also not allowed on the beds.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Dalum requires valid contact information from the guest making the reservations, including but not limited to, their first and last name, address, mobile number, and signature. The names of all guests occupying the room must be registered. Dalum takes responsibility in protecting the information of their guests through proper filing and storage.
7. LIABILITY. Dalum assumes no liability for accidents or any other damages that may happen within the premises. Dalum also assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. However, guests are encouraged to contact the Manager or Caretaker to assist in locating lost items.
8. DAMAGES. Guest Rooms found with waste strewn around, in complete disorder, and/or “trashed” will be subject to maintenance deep cleaning fee, administration fee and/or third party fees.
9. NO ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Drugs and other illegal substances are strictly prohibited in Dalum. In the event that an incident occurs, Dalum may immediately report to the police and evict guests.
10. TERMS & CONDITIONS. Dalum makes its best efforts to ensure that all the information that appears on its booking portal and Instagram page is accurate. However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given that the information provided on this website is error free. Dalum does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions, and reserves the right to change the information published at any time and without notice.