The venerable “Emerson on Hurumzi”, Grande Dame of restored palaces in Zanzibar has returned to service in collaboration with “Emerson Spice”. An exotic and curious building with historical significance and unique style. The recent refurbishment combines the elegance of the period in which it was built with period antique furnishing and the color and comfort of the 21st century. The cuisine in the rooftop teahouse restaurant is designed to marry the culture and character of the building with the distinct culinary heritage of the epoch. The menu celebrates the pleasure of oriental Persian and Omani dishes prepared with authentic ingredients and served with faithful attention to the customs and etiquette of the era.
Property Name: Emerson on Hurumzi
Address 1: 236-240 Hurumzi street
Address 2 : Hurumzi, Stonetown
City : Zanzibar
Postal Code : P.O. Box 3417
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Room service
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Following percentages of total accommodation rate will be charged in case of cancellation.
Only written cancellations will be accepted.
- 31 days or more before arrival – NIL
- 30 – 15 days before arrival 50%
- 14-08 days before arrival 75%
- 7days or less prior to arrival 100%
Terms and Conditions
- Quoted in US Dollars and inclusive of 18% VAT and all other government taxes & levies
- Rates are per room, per night on bed and breakfast basis.
- Breakfast is Continental; with fresh fruit and eggs of choice, coffee or tea.
- Inclusive of accommodation, breakfast, and free Wi-Fi in lobby area.
- Not Included: Transfers, excursions, personal Insurance, food or drinks
- Subject to change without prior notice, Emerson on Hurumzi Ltd reserves the right to increase the rates accordingly.
- For guest direct payments the hotel accepts Visa, Mastercard, and TZS or USD in cash. No extra charges.
- Reservations are only accepted by email.
- Your booking is confirmed upon payment only.
- We hold a booking fora limited time; a booking expires automatically if payment is not received.
- The hotel is closed for yearly maintenance in the period between mid-April and the end of May.
- Check in time 13.00 Check Out time 10.00. Early check in on availability. Late check out only on availability; to ensure holding a room after checkout time full reservation is necessary. Luggage can be stored in the hotel.
- Please note that we can only try to hold a specific room when the booking is of more than two consecutive nights, to assist us in serving you, please let us know your preferred group of rooms and we will do our best to accommodate.
- If you are considering booking one night only, please note that from polling our guests, the vast majority of those who stayed only one night feel that they had not enough time to enjoy the attractions of Zanzibar Stone Town or the hotel.