stay at Big Hostel? Free wifi, free luggage storage, in an amazing location
within walking distance of some of Sydney's attractions and a small, friendly
team ready to assist you whenever you need!
At BIG we are going above and beyond to help stop the spread! Our guests health, safety and comfort are our highest priority and we are taking extra precautions to ensure your protection. This includes strict social distancing rules, extra cleaning services and 24HR access to sanitiser and disinfecting products! All guests are required to present evidence of their whereabouts over the past 14 days prior to check-in to further ensure the safety of all guests and staff on the premises. Big Hostel is designed with the convenience of the traveller in mind. Our fully equipped kitchen, lounge area (with unlimited free wifi) and laundry facilities are all open 24 hours for guest use.
The hostel also boasts a large rooftop terrace with a sun deck, perfect for relaxing on a sunny afternoon or for socialising in the evening. At BIG we pride ourselves on making our guests feel welcome and at home so our staff work tirelessly to assist with everything we possibly can. From advice on the city to help finding work - we're here for you. We offer check-in from 1pm, but you are welcome to arrive any time from 9am and store your bags with us until check-in. Being only a few minutes walk from Central Station, you can arrive quickly from the airport within 20 minutes and enjoy your day! We offer a later check-out than most hostels (11am) and free luggage storage after checkout. Departing guests are welcome to use the kitchen and lounge facilities for the day.
The rooms at BIG are a selection of mixed and female-only 8, 6 and 4 share dormitories, plus a large range of private rooms (singles, twins, doubles and 4 person family rooms), most with private bathrooms. The building is fully air-conditioned throughout and each floor is serviced by both an elevator and stairs. We take security seriously so the hostel is only accessible by key overnight and CC TV cameras are throughout the common areas of the building. So come and enjoy BIG, the perfect 'home away from home' for your stay in Sydney!
Property Name: Big Hostel
Street Address: 212 Elizabeth Street
City : Surry Hills - New South Wales
Postal Code : 2010
Contact Name: Dylan .
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Photocopying services
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking area
- Express check-in / check-out
- Movie nights
- Non-smoking rooms
- Sun-lit Rooftop
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancellation Policies :
This means that if you are checking in on 24/10/2022, cancellations must be made by 23:59 on 21/10, otherwise you will be charged for the first night of your stay (unless your booking is non-cancellable, in which case 100% of the booking will be charged).
Terms and Conditions
* Dormitory/shared room age range: 18 - 40 years only. Anyone outside this range will need to book a private room.
* Checkout time is 11am. Late checkout results in an extra night’s charge.
* A 1% fee is applied for all credit card transactions.
* We have a “No pay – no stay” policy. This means your accommodation needs to be paid in full prior to check in - or, for an extension, by 11am the day of your check out - without exception. We advise organising the payment the day before it is due, to avoid any disruption to your stay.
* We reserve the right to ask any person to leave without notice (effective immediately) and/or to chargefines (to the credit card we have on file) in the event of the following: failure to pay on time, theft,vandalising, smoking in the building, illegal drug use, aggressive or disruptive behaviour or for anyother reason at the discretion of a member of staff. Cleaning fee for smoking in rooms is $200 and other fines are in proportion to damages/disruption.
* All guests are required to respect our neighbours. Please keep noise to a minimum when leavingthe building. Do not congregate on the streets surrounding the hostel or on the property of ourneighbours, do not leave hostel property or rubbish anywhere other than our bins.
* All cancellations and amendments via direct booking with BIG Hostel are subject to BIG Hostel’s48-hour cancellation policy. A cancellation fee of one-night accommodation will apply if youcancel within this period. If your stay is subject to a third-party agreement, the cancellation andamendment policy stated in the booking confirmation applies.
* Only guests who are registered for the room may enter the hostel and the room.
* A cleaning fee can be charged to your credit card post-checkout for rooms left in anunsatisfactory state. In the event of damages to the property or its contents by either yourself oryour guests you agree to pay for these in their entirety.
* There is no cooking in bedrooms, no loud music to be played in the room. Fire exits are only to beused for emergencies. Conduct yourself so as not to disturb others; follow staff/sign directions.
* If you set off the fire alarm you will be charged $1776 (fire brigade call out fee).
* You agree to return the room key(s)at the time of your departure. A $5 replacement fee will becharged per key card if not returned.
* We reserve the right to not extend stays beyond the current payment period if we require theroom for any reason.
* You agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of BIG Hostel, and that we may share your details with other Sydney accommodation providers in case of breach of our terms and conditions.
* Each guest must provide BIG Hostel with valid, current, government-issued photo identificationand a credit card, which may both be scanned, to be able to check in. If these aren’t provided,check-in will not be allowed.