stay at Big Hostel? Free wifi, free luggage storage, in an amazing location
within walking distance of some of Sydney's attractions and a small, friendly
team ready to assist you whenever you need!
At BIG we are going above and beyond to help stop the spread! Our guests health, safety and comfort are our highest priority and we are taking extra precautions to ensure your protection. This includes strict social distancing rules, extra cleaning services and 24HR access to sanitiser and disinfecting products! All guests are required to present evidence of their whereabouts over the past 14 days prior to check-in to further ensure the safety of all guests and staff on the premises. Big Hostel is designed with the convenience of the traveller in mind. Our fully equipped kitchen, lounge area (with unlimited free wifi) and laundry facilities are all open 24 hours for guest use.
The hostel also boasts a large rooftop terrace with a sun deck, perfect for relaxing on a sunny afternoon or for socialising in the evening. At BIG we pride ourselves on making our guests feel welcome and at home so our staff work tirelessly to assist with everything we possibly can. From advice on the city to help finding work - we're here for you. We offer check-in from 1pm, but you are welcome to arrive any time from 9am and store your bags with us until check-in. Being only a few minutes walk from Central Station, you can arrive quickly from the airport within 20 minutes and enjoy your day! We offer a later check-out than most hostels (11am) and free luggage storage after checkout. Departing guests are welcome to use the kitchen and lounge facilities for the day.
The rooms at BIG are a selection of mixed and female-only 8, 6, 4 & 2 share dormitories, plus a large range of private rooms (singles, twins, doubles and 4 person family rooms), most with private bathrooms. The building is fully air-conditioned throughout and each floor is serviced by both an elevator and stairs. We take security seriously so the hostel is only accessible by key overnight and CC TV cameras are throughout the common areas of the building. So come and enjoy BIG, the perfect 'home away from home' for your stay in Sydney!
Property Name: Big Hostel
Street Address: 212 Elizabeth Street
City : Surry Hills - New South Wales
Postal Code : 2010
Contact Name: Irene Karedis
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Photocopying services
- Air conditioning
- Airport shuttle
- BBQ facilities
- Board games / puzzles
- Books, DVDs, music for kids
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cashless payment accepted
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Daily Housekeeping
- Designated smoking area
- Entertainment staff
- Express check-in / check-out
- Face masks available for guests
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kits
- Guests can opt out of daily room cleaning
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Linens, towels, laundry washed per local authority guidelines
- Movie nights
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Refillable water stations
- Self-service laundry
- Shared kitchen
- Shared lounge / TV area
- Single-use plastics removed
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machines (contents unspecified)
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancelation Policies :
This means that if you are checking in on 24/10/2022, cancellations must be made by 23:59 on 21/10, otherwise you will be charged for the first night of your stay (unless your booking is non-cancellable, in which case 100% of the booking will be charged).
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
· Check out time is 11AM. Late checkout results in an extra night’s charge.
· All bookings need to be paid in full prior to check in - or, for an extension, by11AM the day of your check out - without exception.
· A 1% surcharge will be applied to all card payments.
· Staff may ask any person to leave without notice (effective immediately) or to charge fines (to the credit card we have on file) in the event of the following:failure to pay on time, theft, vandalising, smoking in the building, illegal drug use, aggressive or disruptive behaviour or for any other reason at the discretion of a member of staff. The fee for smoking or vaping anywhere inthe building is $200 ($1776 if fire alarm is set off) and other fines are in proportion to damages or disruption. If staff ask you to leave due to violation of these terms, you will not be refunded.
· All guests are required to respect our neighbours. Please keep noise to a minimum when leaving the building. Do not congregate on the streets surrounding the hostel or on the property of our neighbours, do not leave hostel propertyor rubbish anywhere other than our bins.
· All cancellations and amendments via direct booking with BIG Hostel are subject to BIG Hostel’s 48-hour cancellation policy. A cancellation fee of one-night accommodation will apply if you cancel within this period. If your stay is subject to a third-party agreement, the cancellation and amendment policy stated in the booking confirmation applies.
· We offer luggage storage to guests prior to check-in and after check-out, and for day and overnight storage to others. While CCTV and other measures are implemented in an effort to ensure security, in storing belongings with us, you agree that neither Big Hostel nor staff assume liability in the event of theft or other damages.
· Only guests whoare registered for the room may enter the hostel and the room.
· A cleaning fee can be charged to your credit card post-checkout for rooms left in an unsatisfactory state. In the event of damages to the property or its contents by either yourself or your guests you agree to pay for these in their entirety.
· There is no cooking or eating in bedrooms, no loud music to be played in the room. Fire exits are only to be used for emergencies. Conduct yourself so as not to disturb others; follow staff/sign directions.
· If you set off the fire alarm, you will be charged $1776 (fire brigade call out fee).
· You agree to return the room key(s) at the time of your departure. A $5 replacement fee will be charged per key card if not returned.
· We reserve the right to not extend stays for any reason.
· You agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of BIG Hostel, and that we may share your details with other accommodation providers in case of breach of our terms and conditions.
· Each guest must provide BIG Hostel with valid, current, government-issued photo identification, which may be scanned, to be able to check in. Each guest must provide a credit or debit card (PCI-compliant storage & erased after check-out) If these aren’t provided, check-in will not be allowed.