International Traveler’s House was founded to create memorable, authentic and unique experiences for travelers. We do this through connecting our guests with local culture, neighborhoods and adventures. At our hostel, we have a passion for community and love to bring travelers together to explore the city and make memories. We start everyone’s day with a complimentary breakfast and advice on amazing activities to showcase our beautiful city!
Conveniently located in Little Italy for travelers looking to enjoy the action of the Downtown San Diego nightlife. Amazing restaurants and popular bars are all within walking distance. Travelers can easily access all of San Diego’s top activities.
The external floor plan offers lots of outdoor space to meet other travelers. Inside the building, guests can enjoy a variety of lounge spaces to relax or work from. The unique design of our historic Victorian building creates a social, friendly and fun atmosphere. Hosted social events happen every evening for guests to connect and meet other travelers.
The Hostel is designed so that each traveler can choose the best room type for their travel needs. We have several room options including female only rooms, dorm style rooms and private rooms. All rooms have been equipped with the latest bed designs, giving you a comfortable night sleep. We also have free Wi-Fi and iPads for guest use.
By staying at ITH, you become a part of a community dedicated to creating global, cultural and community centric sustainable relationships. You are also supporting the sustainable measures we strive to implement in each of our hostels. For example, we grow organic vegetables for you to enjoy, up-cycle furniture into art and integrate recycling and composting programs.
Being a guest at ITH is an experience. We offer a variety of rooms types so we can share this unique experience with as many travelers as possible. Great for single travelers or groups.
Please note that guests staying at ITH must be over 18 years.
International guests with a valid passport and American travelers that reside outside of San Diego County are welcome.
All guests must provide a valid credit card for incidentals during their stay.
A local tax of 11.05% is not included in the price and will be added onto the room rate on arrival.
Property Name: International Travelers House Downtown Hostel
Address 1: 230 W. Cedar Street
City : San Diego - California
Postal Code : 92101
Contact Name: Bobby Dyer
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Free Nighttime Activities
- Free Wifi
- Free Towels
- Free iPads
- Free Ear Plugs
- Local Info
- Local Discounts
- Free Maps
- 24 Hour Security
- Free Lockers
- Organic Products
- Snorkeling Trips
- Hiking Tours
- Surfing Trips
- Sailing Tours
- Happy Hour Tours
- Pub Crawls
- Mexico Trips
- Brewery Tours
- Friendly Staff
- Memory Foam Beds
- Outdoor Sun Deck
- Social Garden
- Recycling Center
- Clothes Line
- Coin Laundry
- Musical Instruments
- Guest Kitchen
- Equipment Rentals
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Partial Charge - First Night Stay - If cancelled within 1 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- Prices and Taxes: All reservations and taxes must be paid in full prior to check-in. For a reservation to be confirmed, the first night and taxes associated with the first night must be paid at the time the reservation is made by the guest. A valid credit card matching is the guest's name is required with all reservations to cover any incidentals that may occur during the guests reservation.
- Payment and Terms at Check-in: Guests will pay for the remaining balance of their room at check-in and be given a full tour of the property and amenities available. At Check-out, guests will inform reception that they are checking-out. If any damaged occurred during the guest's reservation, the damages will be charged at check-out or at the manager's discretion.
- Traveling with Minors: All guests must be at least 18 years old to stay at the ITH Hostels Downtown San Diego.
- Parking: The Hostel does not have on-site parking. There are a variety of parking options both free and paid surrounding the Hostel. Please contact reception for the best parking options depending on when you will arrive.
- Hostel Events: Events and social gatherings are a priority at our Hostel. We often host multiple events each month. Everyone is welcome to join in our events.
- Dispute Resolution/Problems: If any issues or disputes arise, please contact the management
- Use of Personal information: All guests staying with us release liability for the use of photos that they are pictured in. The Hostel randomly takes photos of just having a great time and uses these photos for future marketing and promotions. If you do not want to be included in the fun photos. Please let the camera man know.
- Liability: ITH Hostels does not assume liability for any theft, damages or injuries occurred while staying at our properties.
- Waiver: All guests are required to sign the ITH Liability Waiver at check-in
- No Local Residents: All guests staying with us must reside from outside of San Diego County and be able to provide proof of onward travel either via plane, bus, or train tickets.
- ITH reserves the right to adjust or cancel any reservation due to unexpected circumstances. We will do our best to notify the customer at least 24 hours prior to their reservation.
- ITH is a private business and is allowed by law to refuse service to any customer or patron.
- ITH reserves the right to charge a guest for any damages he or she may have caused to the property during their stay.