The Southernmost Point Guest House in Key West, FL is located on the quite end of world-renowned Duval Street. This house, with its elaborate Queen Anne style detailing, was built in 1894 by E. H. Gato, Sr. Soon after the house was built, Gato realized the rambling Victorian home was not getting the right sun exposure on his favorite porches, so he moved the house across the street to where it sits now. He had the huge structure rolled on logs pulled by mules. He also rotated the house to create the most favorable mix of sun and shade.
Today, his decision to move the house to its current location makes for an enjoyable experience for the many guests who relish in the breeze on the shady porches. Since the home's original address - 1327 Duval Street - remains, it's the only home on its side of Duval Street with an odd number, which makes just one more reason that it's so unique.
The Santiago family purchased the home in 1987 and converted it into the charming bed and breakfast that exists today. The 13 room house has been renovated and restored. It is surrounded by tropical foliage with relaxing hammocks nestled in the gardens. Tall, mature palms provide privacy to the second story porches, and exotic orchids dot the property.
A stay at the Southernmost Point Guest House is like staying with friends in paradise. Start your day with a fresh breakfast on the veranda or in the gardens. From our balconies, you'll enjoy ocean breezes and views of the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean. You can lounge poolside and gaze into a neighboring butterfly and nature conservatory or put your toes in the sand at South Beach, which is just a half-block away, and we'll provide the beach towels.
Address 1: 1327 Duval Street
City : Key West - Florida
Postal Code : 33040
Contact Name : Reception
Phone : 305-294-0715
Email : email@example.com
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Coffee maker
- Mitsubishi Air Conditioners with Heat
- Iron & ironing board
- Blow Dryer
- In-room safe
- Coin-operated laundry facility
- BBQ grill
- Dipping Pool
- Daily housekeeping service
- Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
- Complimentary happy hour (wine) daily
- Complimentary Beach Towels
- Private Off-Street Parking (One parking space per unit included)
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
~ 3 days prior to arrival date.
~ Holidays and Special Events are a 14 day cancelation.
A cancelation in these time periods will result in a charge for a one night minimum stay.
~ Fantasy Fest requires a cancelation made prior to September 30th.
A cancelation within 4 weeks of Fantasy Fest will result in a charge for one night.
A cancelation within 3 weeks of Fantasy Fest will result in a charge for two nights.
Terms and Conditions
- Check in time: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Check out time: 11:00am
- Office closes promptly at 8:00pm
- Cancellation 3 days prior to arrival except during holidays and special events.
- Extra person rate is $20.00 per night.
- Crib - complimentary
- Minimum nights stay during holidays, special events and weekends.
- To secure a reservation, we require all information along with a valid credit card, expiration date, and security code.
- Jacuzzi Pool Hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Parking is free, one car per room and mopeds parked behind your parked car.
- Sorry, pets and smoking are not permitted. (smoking in rooms will incur a $500 fee).
*Rates vary depending on room size, location and dates stay. Rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to change on weekends, holidays and special events.