The Southernmost Point Guest House in Key West, FL is located on the quiet end of world-renowned Duval Street. This house, with its elaborate Queen Anne style detailing, was built in 1894 by E. H. Gato, Sr. Soon after the house was built, Gato realized the rambling Victorian home was not getting the right sun exposure on his favorite porches, so he moved the house across the street to where it sits now. He had the huge structure rolled on logs pulled by mules. He also rotated the house to create the most favorable mix of sun and shade.
Today, his decision to move the house to its current location makes for an enjoyable experience for the many guests who relish in the breeze on the shady porches. Since the home's original address - 1327 Duval Street - remains, it's the only home on its side of Duval Street with an odd number, which makes just one more reason that it's so unique.
The Santiago family purchased the home in 1987 and converted it into the charming guest house that exists today. The property has been renovated and restored to host 13 different rooms throughout 4 separate historical buildings. . Tall, mature palms provide privacy to the second story porches, and exotic orchids dot the property.
A stay at the Southernmost Point Guest House is like staying with friends in paradise. Start your day with a fresh breakfast on the veranda or in the gardens. From our balconies, you'll enjoy ocean breezes and views of the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean. You can lounge poolside and gaze into a neighboring butterfly and nature conservatory or put your toes in the sand at South Beach, which is just a half-block away, and we'll provide the beach towels.
Property Name: Southernmost Point Guest House
Street Address: 1327 Duval Street
City : Key West - Florida
Postal Code : 33040
Contact Name: Reception
- Baggage storage
- Swimming pool
- Welcome drink
- Air conditioning
- Bicycle rental
- Breakfast Buffet
- Breakfast, free
- Buzzer / wireless intercom
- Daily Housekeeping
- Fire extinguishers
- Guest parking
- Guests can opt out of daily room cleaning
- Outdoor furniture
- Pool / Beach towels
- Self-service laundry
- Smoke alarms
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
On the 6th day prior to arrival the credit card on file will be charged for the first night stay.
The remaining balance is paid in full upon arrival.
For reservations cancelled inside the 7-day window, the first night charge will NOT be refunded.
SPECIAL EVENT CONSIDERATIONS:
Fantasy Fest (October 21, 2022 - October 30, 2022):
Reservations for Fantasy Fest must be cancelled by September 30.
The credit card on file will be charged for one night on October 1st.
No refunds will be given for reservations cancelled after September 30th.
Last Week of 2022: (December 23, 2022 - January 1, 2023):
Reservations for these dates must be cancelled by November 30, 2022.
The credit card on file will be charged for one night on December 1, 2022.
No refunds will be given for reservations cancelled after November 30th, 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Check - In Time: 3:00pm - 7:00pm. (Early check in is subject to availability).
- Check - Out: 11:00am
- Office closes promptly at 7:00pm
- Extra person rate is $20.00 per night.
- Minimum night's stay may be required during holidays, special events and weekends.
- Name address and valid credit card number are required in order to make reservations.
- Special deposit policies apply for holidays and special events.
- Pool / Spa Hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Parking is free, one vehicle per room. Guests may also have a scooter, which must be parked behind their vehicle.
- Parking is located on South Street. Enter through the driveway and the automatic gate will raise. Check-in with the desk to receive your parking pass.
- A lost room key will result in a $25 fee.
- Parking after check out is subject to availability. (Please see Front Desk for parking pass).
- Our rooms are all non-smoking, however, smoking in our designated smoking area is allowed. Smoking in rooms will incur a $500 fee.
- Sorry, pets are not permitted.
- We now welcome Southernmost Sandy's Cafe to our property. We ask that there be NO outside food or beverages consumed in our bar area. Guests are welcome to enjoy their own food and beverages in our front garden area.
*Rates vary depending on room size, location and dates of stay. Rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to change on weekends, holidays and special events.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and will do our best to help adapt to this new way of vacationing as we are all in this together and learning as we go!