Smack, bang in the middle of town, you won't find a better location than the Royal Mile; and we're right on Edinburgh's most famous, bustling street!
We're your home away from home and in our small and friendly hostel with an open plan kitchen and dining area, making new friends is easy. Chill and chat with other travellers in our cosy lounge area with an open fire. Our dorms are all light and bright and we have clean mixed and female bathrooms.
The hostel also offers free WiFi, free tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists can offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh. They can arrange for you to make the most of your time while you are in Scotland and book you on a MacBackpackers Tour to the Highlands. We aim to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible so here is a wee list of what else we have to offer:
Events 7 days a week
Clean bed linen
We accept cash and credit cards
Receptionist available to help you during reception hours (8am-11am & 3pm-11pm)
24 Hour Reception located just across the street at High Street Hostel as you need it
Free tour booking service and advice
Minutes walk to the bus and train station
Kitchen/Dining area (limited access during Corona crisis)
Free Towel Hire
Secure lockers in rooms
Free tea, coffee and hot chocolate
Free use of electrical adapters
Free daily walking tours
Free hairdryers and straighteners for use
Local food & drinks discounts
24 hour access after check-in
Go green and carbon neutral; Years ago we bought a 75+ hectare woodland in the Scottish Highlands that absorbs more than the total CO2 emissions from fuel used in our MacBackpackers hostels and bus company. We also try our best to re-cycle everything (with your help) and our electricity is all sourced from renewable, non-nuclear supplies. Stay with us for a great holiday and minimal environmental impact!
Guests also enjoy the benefit of access to the lively, bustling High Street Hostel across the road with its wide range of facilities.
Step outside and be at the centre of it all.
We don't accept group bookings. For bookings for more than 4 guests (incl in individual/separate bookings) you must contact the hostel directly before booking.
We cater for guests aged 18 and over. If you have already made your reservation and your child is 17, please contact us immediately, managers retain the right to deny booking enquiries as we can only accept under 18s in excepetional circumstances.
Please bring a government issued photo ID for the check-in.
This property has a 2 day cancellation policy (different conditions apply for August 2021 and over Hogmanay/New Year's Eve). Please check our detailed cancellation policy!
If you do not show up on the date you booked for you will be charged according to our cancellation policy and your reservation will be cancelled unless you've notified us directly about your late arrival.
We have a maximum stay of 14 days..
Property Name: Royal Mile Backpackers
Street Address: 105 High St
City : Edinburgh
Postal Code : EH1 1SG
Phone: 0131 557 6120
- Breakfast Buffet
- Breakfast, Continental
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Safety deposit box
- Stand-up comedy
- Tour Assistance
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:30 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before 10.30 am of the arrival date. Late cancellations and no shows will be charged the equivalent of the first two nights’ accommodation.
- If you do not show up on the date you booked for you will be charged according to our cancellation policy and your reservation will be cancelled unless you've notified us directly about your late arrival.
- AUGUST 2023: For any bookings in August we will charge you the full amount 14 days before arrival. Should you book less than 14 days before arrival the whole amount will be charged within 24 hours after booking. Once this payment has been taken, no refunds will be given.
- If you do not show up on the date you booked for your reservation will be cancelled unless you've notified us directly about your late arrival.
Terms and Conditions
WE HAVE A MINIMUM AGE OF 18 YEARS. Sorry - no children!
FOR BOOKINGS FOR MORE THAN 6 PEOPLE YOU MUST CONTACT THE HOSTEL DIRECTLY BEFORE YOU MAKE A BOOKING. Be aware that if you book for more than 6 people without our manager's approval your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. This includes guests making separate/individual reservations for 7 people or more.
ALL GUESTS MUST PROVIDE A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID AT CHECK-IN.
WE REQUIRE A £10 NOTE OR A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID AS A KEY DEPOSIT.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION POLICY FOR AUGUST 2021/ HOGMANAY (NEW YEAR'S PERIOD):
- HOGMANAY (NEW YEAR'S EVE): For any bookings over Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) we will charge you the full amount on the 1st December. Should you book after the 1st December the whole amount will be charged within 24 hours after booking. Once this payment has been taken, no refunds will be issued.
- AUGUST 2021: For any bookings for August we will charge you the full amount 14 days before arrival. Should you book less than 14 days before arrival the whole amount will be charged within 24 hours after booking. Once this payment has been taken, no refunds will be given.
If you do not show up on the date you booked for your reservation will be cancelled unless you've notified us directly about your late arrival.
CHECK-IN TIME IS 5PM.
WE DON'T OFFER LONGTERM STAY - please contact reception if you would like to stay longer than 14 days.