The Planters House is a stunning colonial property, situated in the Uva Province of Sri Lanka within the original Lipton estate. It sits just below the famous Lipton’s Seat at an altitude of 1,200 metres. We have five stunning en-suite bedrooms, as well as a guest Cottage. There is spacious living accommodation, which includes a study, drawing room, dining room, long room, veranda and inner courtyard. There is also a pavilion by the swimming pool.
Property Name: The Planters House
Street Address: Monarakanda Estate
Apt, suite, floor etc. : Nandimale
City : Koslanda - Uva
Postal Code : 90190
Contact Name: Mark Griffiths
- Baggage storage
- Fitness center
- Laundry service
- Room service
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancelation Policies :
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and will take effect the day it is received by The Planters House.
- Cancellation 60 days or more before the booking date: 25% Payable
- Cancellation made 31 – 59 days before the booking date: 50% Payable
- Cancellation made 30 or fewer days before the booking date: Full Amount Payable
- “No shows” and stays that are cut short will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the full room rate for the entire period booked.
- Full House or Whole Property bookings will incur a full stay cancellation charge within 90 days prior to the date of arrival.
- For any booking(s) made through an online travel agent (i.e. Laterooms, Bookings.com, Expedia, etc.), cancellation must be done via the site through which it was booked (if you are unsure of how to do this, be sure to contact the customer service team of the company used to book the room and they will be able to talk you through the cancellation process or cancel it on your behalf).
Terms and Conditions
- A 50% deposit is required to guarantee your reservation.
- All reservations will be confirmed when we have received the specified funds.
- The balance must be paid 30 days before your arrival; please note, this will be taken automatically on the credit card used to pay the deposit.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard.
- Late check out time can be arranged at the management’s discretion.
- No children under 5 years of age without prior agreement. Children of all ages are welcome for whole house bookings.
- In keeping with the peaceful ambience and tranquil setting, we ask that parents exercise judgment when booking with young children so as not to disturb other guests’ enjoyment.
- Minimum 3-night stay over the Christmas & New Year period (18th December – 6th January).
- The Planters House and The Cottage are all NON-SMOKING. Smoking is permitted outside and by the pool (but please be mindful of others).