With stunning views over the marina and islands, Haka Lodge Paihia has the best spot in town! From here you can easily tick off bucket-list activities such as swimming with wild dolphins and sailing around the Bay of Islands. We are only a short stroll from the bars and local hangouts which means you can party with the best of them whilst knowing that a quiet night’s sleep awaits you back at the Lodge. Our staff are multinational, friendly and ready to you help you experience the very best of Paihia!
We are a premium penthouse backpackers located in central Paihia with amazing views and an ethos that puts the customer before anything else. We have brand new kitchens, bathrooms, living areas and bedrooms (in fact, the whole place is brand new!) and everything is top of the line in quality.
Our bunk beds already have a reputation at our 4 other lodges for being comfortable and unique – they are wooden beds that each have their own power outlet, reading light, privacy curtain and lockable storage area under the bunk.Our private rooms feature flat-screen TVs, a seating area and quirky designs that we’re sure you’re going to love. Everything about the hostel is geared towards our customers having the best stay – flat screen TVs, free unlimited WiFi, free tea and coffee and much more.
We also offer female-only dorms when requested and go the extra mile to make this a comfortable location for all of our customers.
Great Location – Walking distance from the bus stop, 1 minute from the ferry terminal and situated right above the town – we are right in the heart of Paihia.
Best views in town – Located on Marsden Road, opposite the wharf and looking out over the sparkling water of the Bay of Islands.
Free Unlimited WiFi – While you’re browsing, why not like Haka Lodge on Facebook?
Brand new hostel with brand new equipment – Everything we have is custom built or bought especially for this hostel.
Address 1: 76 Marsden Road
Postal Code: 0200
Contact Name: Haka Lodge Bay of Islands (Paihia)
Phone: 64 9 402 5637
- Baggage storage
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- 13 Smoke-Free Guestrooms
- Near the Beach
- Laundry Facilities
- Limited Front Desk Hours
- Tour/Ticket Assistance
- Free Activity Advice and Booking Services
- Free Limited Parking
- Free Unlimited WiFi
- Shared Kitchen Facilities
- Book Exchange
- Common Room
- Towel Hire
- Free Tea and Coffee
- Hot Showers
- DVD Entertainment Available
- Luggage Storage
- Hotel Quality Mattresses
- Central Location
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 02:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies:
- For cancellations notified 48 hours or later – no charge.
- For cancellations within 48 hours – we will take payment for the first night of your stay.
- For customers who fail to show for their booking – we will take payment for your full booking
- If you have booked through a third party site and wish to cancel, you must do so through that third party site. We cannot cancel third party bookings.
Terms and Conditions
1. We require full payment upon check in. Credit card details are required to confirm a booking.
2. All prices quoted are per person, per night, unless otherwise stated.
3. Double and twin rooms sleep two people, but may be booked for one person only. In this circumstance the room rate will apply.
4. Prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars, are subject to change without notice, and all persons are obliged to pay the overnight price current at the time of reservation.
5. Haka Lodge, its employees and contractors accept no responsibility for personal accidents, injury suffered or loss or damage to personal property while on hostel property. Travel Insurance is recommended.
6. The minimum age of guests is 18 years old but the Hostel Managers may accept bookings for under 18’s at their discretion.
7. Haka Lodge, Haka Lodge Managers and staff retain the right to refuse accommodation at any time.
8. Should your plans change, please contact the hostel directly as soon as possible.
9. Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure you are accommodated in the same room throughout your stay, due to limited availability at time of booking, it may be necessary for you to change rooms. If applicable, you will be advised of this at check-in. You will be accommodated in a room of similar or higher standard to that originally booked.
10. Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavour will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in.
11. Bookings made through a third-party booking site are subject to that site’s terms and conditions. Please be aware these may differ from ours.
12. During special events, or for the duration of a special offer, different terms & conditions may apply.
13. Haka Lodge Group are not responsible for any loss or damage to property during your stay with us. If you feel something of yours has been stolen, please report it to reception and we will take you through the necessary steps to report this to the authorities.
14. If you are caught using or stealing any other guest’s property and/or food, you will be asked immediately to leave the premises and charges may be laid against you.
15. All non-guest visitors to Haka Lodges must make themselves known and sign-in at reception on arrival.
16. Non-guest visitors are NOT allowed on Haka Lodge premises between 8pm-8am. Non-guests found on the premises between these times will be served with a Trespassing Notice and reported to the authorities where appropriate.CHECK IN
1. Check in time is 14:00. If you arrive early, we offer free luggage storage until your room is ready.
2. Check out time is 10:00. If you fail to check out on time, you will be charged a $50 late check out fee to the credit card you checked in with.
3. Valid ID will be required at check in. Passports, driving licenses or government issues ID will be accepted.
4. Any voucher given when booking pre-paid accommodation (from iSite etc) must be presented at check in. Full payment will be required if you do not have a voucher.AMENDMENTS
1. Amendments to the date of arrival cannot be made on the day of arrival and will be treated as a same day cancellation. This is regardless of the time of booking.NON ARRIVALS
1. If you do not advise the hostel you are cancelling, your card will be charged for the first night of your stay.CANCELLATIONS
1. For cancellations notified 48 hours or later – no charge.
2. For cancellations within 48 hours – we will take payment for the first night of your stay.
3. For customers who fail to show for their booking – we will take payment for your full booking
4. If you have booked through a third party site and wish to cancel, you must do so through that third party site. We cannot cancel third party bookings.IN-HOUSE POLICIES
1. If the number of people in one room exceeds the number of beds paid for, Haka Lodge reserve the right to request payment for the extra guests and a trespass notice may be issued for everyone involved. In this case, no refund will be given.
2. Any damages to the room or Haka Lodge property will be charged to the credit card given on check in.
3. We accept moderate, social alcohol consumption on Haka Lodge premises, but management reserve the right to ask overtly intoxicated guests to leave the premises and refuse them future accommodation where deemed appropriate.
4. Alcohol may only be consumed in communal living areas, such the lounge, kitchen or outdoor deck area and we ask that most drinking be done by 10:30pm.
5. Drugs are not permitted on Haka Lodge premises.
6. Guests who set the fire alarm off with excess use of aerosol, use of matches or smoking cigarettes, will be charged the full fire service call out fee of $1500.
7. Smoking is not permitted indoors at Haka Lodge. Any customer found smoking indoors will be evicted and no refund will be given. Designated smoking areas may be available – please ask staff. We also do not allow ‘smoke-less cigarettes’ or e-cigarettes to be used indoors - please use these outdoors in our smoking area.
8. Violations of any of the above policies will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
Bookings cancelled 48 in advance will receive no charge. Bookings made between 24 - 48 hours in advance will be charged for one night. No show bookings will be charged at full price.