Mångata Villas is a modern, new, beach vacation accommodation with a laidback luxury kind of vibe.
Property Name: Mångata Villas
Street Address: 6.5 Miles North Rd
City : San Pedro, Belize
Contact Name: Jennifer Suhr
- Baggage storage
- Swimming pool
- Welcome drink
- Air conditioning
- Beach chairs / loungers
- Board games / puzzles
- Books, DVDs, music for kids
- Coffee Shop
- Designated smoking area
- Fire extinguishers
- Grocery deliveries
- Guest accommodations disinfected between stays
- Guest parking
- Movie nights
- No Children Allowed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Picnic area
- Pool / Beach towels
- Tour Assistance
- Towels changed upon request
- Wine / Champagne
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Free cancelation until 30 days before the check-in date. THE 10% DEPOSIT (PLUS TAX) CHARGED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING IS NON-REFUNDABLE. Cancelations less than 30 days before the check-in date are not refundable. Guests can reschedule their booking free of charge. All other conditions must remain the same. Any upgrades to room type or season (i.e., from low season to high season) will result in additional charges.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
HOTEL shall NOT be liable for any refunds or other compensation due to travel delays, cancelations outside these terms, any guest’s inability to travel for any reason, and any related losses or expenses, including without limitation any losses or costs resulting from “acts of God” such as but not limited to: hurricanes, pandemics, political issues, illness, emergencies or any force majeure type events.
Terms and Conditions
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONSGOVERN THE CONTRACT BETWEEN ALL TRAVELERS AND HOTEL GUESTS (INDIVIDUALLY ANDCOLLECTIVELY “GUEST”), AND HOTEL PROVIDING ACCOMMODATIONS AND SERVICES TO GUESTPURSUANT TO A CONFIRMED BOOKING WITH THE HOTEL HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “HOTEL."PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOUR COMPLETEUNDERSTANDING AND AGREEMENT. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE BOOKING CONFIRMATIONISSUED TO YOU BY HOTEL AND/OR ANY THIRD-PARTY TOUR OPERATOR, TRAVEL AGENT, ORTRAVEL PROVIDER, ALONG WITH OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, ALL GUESTSHEREBY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS CONTRACT,HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “CONTRACT”:
1. Bookings made with HOTEL require a 10%non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. Balance owing is due 30 days beforethe check-in date and will be automatically charged to the credit card onfile. Payment terms may vary for bookings made through third parties. If athird party fails to send payment to the HOTEL for a GUEST’S booking, the GUESTagrees that the HOTEL may charge the GUEST’S credit card for the total bookingamount, and the GUEST agrees not to dispute any such charges. If the GUEST’Scredit card has insufficient credit, the GUEST agrees to send payment in fullby other reasonable means within seven days after the HOTEL’S payment request.
2. All room rates are in US Dollars per room,per night, and are subject to an additional 9% government tax.
3. Rates are based on single or doubleoccupancy per night.
4. Third and fourth guests are permitted inVillas only (not Casitas) for an extra $25 USD per person per night, plus 9%tax.
5. The HOTEL is an adult-only property (18years old and up).
6. The HOTEL accepts Visa, Master Card, andAmerican Express only.
7. Travel Delays and Cancellations: HOTELshall NOT be liable for any refunds or other compensation due to travel delays,cancellations, any GUEST’S inability to travel for any reason, and any relatedlosses or expenses, including without limitation any losses or expensesresulting from “acts of God” or force majeure type events. TRAVEL INSURANCE ISSTRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Please refer to Cancellation Policy for furtherdetails.
8. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m., and check-outtime is 11:00 a.m. Subject to availability, early check-in or late check-outmay be available.
9. Passport and Credit Card Required forCheck-In. Upon check-in at the HOTEL, the lead GUEST whose name the booking isunder MUST PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT and a VALID MAJOR CREDIT CARD. The names onthe booking confirmation, passport, and credit card must match. This is part ofthe HOTEL’S ongoing efforts to prevent fraud and protect GUEST’S identities.
10. Notwithstanding anything contrary, uponcheck-in at the HOTEL, each adult GUEST must sign the HOTEL’s Guest RegistrationForm confirming the GUEST’S agreement with the Terms and Conditions and the HOTEL’sRELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM (“WAIVER”). A copy of the WAIVER includedin the HOTEL’s Guest Registration Form is attached to this CONTRACT. The HOTEL’sGuest Registration Form specifies, among other things, that any claims orcontroversies arising out of or in connection with any GUEST’S stay at orpresence upon HOTEL property—including the use of any related services,facilities, and amenities—shall be governed by and subject to the exclusivejurisdiction of the laws, courts, and authorities of BELIZE. IF THE GUESTREFUSES TO SIGN THE HOTEL’S WAIVER, THE GUEST SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO CHECKIN AND SHALL BE DENIED ACCESS TO THE HOTEL, ITS SERVICES, AND AMENITIES.THEREFORE, NOTICE OF THIS REQUIREMENT IS HEREBY PROVIDED, AND THE GUEST SHALLBE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS REQUIREMENT AT THE TIME OF SAID HOTELBOOKING. THE CANCELLATION CHARGES OUTLINED IN THE CANCELLATION POLICY SHALLAPPLY IF THE GUEST CHOOSES TO CANCEL OR CHANGE THEIR HOTEL BOOKING DUE TO ANUNWILLINGNESS TO SIGN AND AGREE TO THE HOTEL’S GUEST REGISTRATION FORM. THEREQUIREMENTS OF THIS CONTRACT SHALL APPLY TO ALL HOTEL BOOKINGS, WHETHER MADEDIRECTLY WITH THE HOTEL OR THROUGH ANY THIRD PARTY OR TRAVEL AGENT.
11. Smoking (of any substance) is NOT permitted in roomsor on the public pool deck. Please be respectful of other guests who may notsmoke. A minimum room cleaning fee of $500 USD will be charged to thebooking credit card on file if a GUEST or one of their visitors smokes in theroom.
12. Quiet Hours are from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00a.m. Please be respectful of other guests.
13. You are liable for any damage, however causedto the allocated room(s), to the HOTEL premises, or property caused by you orany persons in your party (whether or not staying at the HOTEL) during yourstay. HOTEL reserves the right to retain your credit card details and charge ordebit such amounts at its sole discretion to compensate or make good, damage,costs, or expenses incurred or suffered by the HOTEL.
14. Lost/stolen or damaged kayaks or paddle boards willresult in a charge of $500 USD each. Lost/stolen or damaged life jacketsor paddles will result in a charge of $75 USD each. Lost/stolen or damaged keycards or key fobs will result in a charge of $25 USD each. Lost/stolen towelswill result in a charge of $25 USD each. Normal wear and tear are excludedfrom these terms. GUEST agrees these items shall be paid in cash beforecheckout. Failure by GUEST to pay will result in the cost being chargedto the credit card on file.
15. Ground transfers and taxis are NOTINCLUDED. Taxis are typically readily available outside the airport’s baggageclaim area. Golf cart rentals are cost-effective and the suggested mode oftransportation.
16. Force Majeure. The HOTEL shall NOT be liablefor any losses or damages due to events beyond their reasonable control,including without limitation: acts or orders of governmental authorities;weather (hurricane, etc.); fire; flood; earthquake; volcanic activity;lightning; epidemics, pandemics or other illnesses; airline delays orcancellations for any reason; utility outages; strike, lockout, or workstoppage; terrorism; or any event typically described as “force majeure” or an“act of God.” REFUNDS SHALL NOT BE OFFERED in case of a late or delayed arrivalto the HOTEL. In the event of a delayed departure from the HOTEL, GUESTs shall berequired to pay locally for any additional nights at a rate not to exceed the HOTEL’spublished (“rack”) rates per night. Again, TRAVEL INSURANCE IS STRONGLYRECOMMENDED.
17. The HOTEL is located in a tropicalenvironment. Although the HOTEL maintains a year-round pest control program,the HOTEL, its owners, employees, agents, insurers, and suppliers SHALL NOT beliable for, and all GUESTS shall HOLD HARMLESS the HOTEL, its owners,employees, agents, insurers, and suppliers from any injury, illness, or lossresulting from exposure to Zika virus, any other insect-borne disease, anysimilar tropical illness, or injury, illness, or loss, of any naturewhatsoever. Potential GUESTs who are pregnant or may become pregnant shouldseek the advice of a qualified physician before traveling.
18. Due to the unique nature of the HOTEL, itsbuildings, grounds, amenities, and services, the HOTEL may not be suitable for guestswith specific disabilities and mobility issues. Some buildings, rooms, grounds,beaches, amenities, events, and services may not be accessible. Likewise, GUESTswith specific disabilities and mobility issues may encounter difficulties atlocal airports/ferries and with public or private transportation, walkways,buildings, facilities, services, and events.
19. Forum Selection; Governing Law: As acondition of making any HOTEL booking, all GUESTs hereby AGREE that the courtsand authorities of BELIZE shall have EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION over any claims oractions of any nature whatsoever arising out of any claims, act, omission,illness, injury, loss or other occurrence at the HOTEL or anywhere in thecountry where the HOTEL is physically located. All other jurisdictions that anyGUEST may have access to because of domicile or otherwise, including withoutlimitation, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, are herebyirrevocably WAIVED. Any such claims or actions shall be governed EXCLUSIVELY bythe laws and regulations of BELIZE. GUESTS agree that any claim brought in ajurisdiction other than Belize shall be DISMISSED with prejudice, and all costsof such dismissal, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, shall be borneby the GUEST. The provisions contained in this CONTRACT are LEGALLY BINDING onall HOTEL GUESTS. In the event of a conflict between the provisions of this CONTRACTand any other information or advertising relating to any GUEST’S travel to, orstay at the HOTEL, the provisions contained in this CONTRACT SHALL CONTROL.
20. Limitations of Liability: UNDER NOCIRCUMSTANCES shall HOTEL, its owners, officers, employees, agents, or insurersbe liable for any claim or action of any nature whatsoever arising out of or inrelation to any act, omission, illness, injury, loss or occurrence at the HOTELor in Belize. Each GUEST shall HOLD HARMLESS HOTEL and its owners, officers,employees, agents, and insurers from any such HOTEL-related claims and actionsand any claims or actions based on the acts or omissions of any third party,including but not limited to airline, transportation provider, and tour andexcursion providers. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall the HOTEL, or any of itsrespective owners, officers, employees, agents, or insurers be liable for anyconsequential, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages or any damages basedon emotional distress, mental suffering, psychological injury, or any injury orillness of any kind.
21. This CONTRACT is LEGALLY BINDING. Each GUESTis responsible for reading, understanding, and agreeing with the terms andconditions outlined in this CONTRACT as a condition of securing a HOTEL bookingor staying at the HOTEL. The provisions of this CONTRACT have been madeavailable to the GUEST IN ADVANCE of making a HOTEL booking or at the time ofcheck-in. The provisions of this CONTRACT are meaningful and enforceable andare NOT “BOILER PLATE” PROVISIONS. This CONTRACT has been made available to GUESTPRIOR TO making a HOTEL booking and PRIOR TO travel; thus, ADVANCE NOTICE hasbeen provided.
22. Upon or before check-in, GUESTS aged 18and over MUST sign our WAIVER, and children under 18 must be named and listedproperly below or on the other side if additional room is required. Please beaware that HOTEL has taken reasonable steps and precautions to ensure GUEST’Ssafety while staying with us. In using our property, however, GUESTS do so attheir own risk. To stay with HOTEL, our WAIVER must be signed upon arrival orbrought with the GUEST, already signed. If not already signed, upon check-in,the HOTEL will require GUESTS to sign the WAIVER. GUEST(s) agrees to releaseand hold harmless HOTEL, its owners, agents, and insureds from anyliability.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I, the undersigned (“GUEST”), hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive andrelease and hold harmless from liability Mangata Villas (“HOTEL”), its owners,agents, and insureds (“RELEASEES”) from any and all liabilities, claims,actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any nature whatsoever whether in law orequity, known or unknown, occurring during, caused by, relating to, or arisingin any way from staying at, or participating in any activity at HOTEL.
GUEST also understands that attending this facility in the jungle, near thesea, may involve voluntary participation in indoor and outdoor physical activities, inevitable exposure to wildlife and walks, steps, paths, uneven roads, and water activities both in the pool and the sea. There is a certain element of risk with these and all related activities. By signing thiswaiver, GUEST hereby acknowledges that participation and use of facilities andgrounds are at GUEST’S own risk and that GUEST assumes all responsibilities forany and all aspects of participation by both GUEST and any children who mightaccompany the GUEST or visitors of GUEST invited on the property by the GUEST. GUESTunderstands that the proper use of the pool, kayaks, paddle boards, andbicycles provided as some of the available activities is required. This WAIVERapplies to any and all activities, named and unnamed herein, which arevoluntarily participated in by GUEST and family members and visitors of GUESTat the HOTEL. GUEST agrees, releases, and waives liability from the HOTELrelated to their use of the pool, kayaks, paddle boards, bicycles, or golfcarts used by GUEST on or off the property.
GUEST also understands that this WAIVER irrevocably and unconditionallyreleases and holds harmless all RELEASEES from any financial or other liabilityfor any injury, bodily harm, sickness, illness, or loss of life, or anyeconomic harm or loss of property occurring during, caused by, relating to, orarising in any way out of staying at HOTEL.
I, the undersigned, have read this WAIVER and understand its terms; I haveexecuted it voluntarily, with full knowledge of its significance, and intend tobe legally bound by it. I understand that each child here with me under 18 yearsof age is to be named below and is my responsibility while here at HOTEL. Mysignature includes them in the coverage of this WAIVER. My children who arehere who are 18 and older will sign the release themselves and assume personalresponsibility.
DATE: GUEST 1 NAME: GUEST 1 SIGNATURE: GUEST 2 NAME: GUEST 2 SIGNATURE: GUEST 3 NAME: GUEST 3 SIGNATURE: GUEST 4 NAME: GUEST 4 SIGNATURE: